Mayan Princess @ West End info. Q.....

tonyandlala

Hi All,

While researching Roatan i came across a condo complex on the water in West End called Mayan Princess that allows outsiders use of their facilities for $10 per person.

Place looks great, was hoping if anyone ever went there and could answer a few questions.

Is it as nice as the website?

Snorkeling any good?

Is it close to Tabyana Beach? was thinking of doing the Carnival tour to Tabyana and walking down to the princess as Tabyana seems packed with cruisers.

Best/cheapest way to get there? I see there is a van service in port that brings you to West End for less than a buck, anyone ever use it?

Thanks in Advance and any other suggestions will be appreciated!

Hi - Mayan Princess sells a limited number of passes each day. We were turned away in April and our tour guide drove us to the public beach at Infinity Bay condos. Absolutely unbelievably beautiful - we laid our towels out, grabbed our snorkel gear and walked into the water. Within 30 feet we were snorkeling over the reef and both DH (who is a diver) and I decided that it was some of the best snorkeling we'd ever done!

Infinity Bay has a bar on the beach and when we were thirsty, we just walked up to the bar for drinks. Virgin pina coladas in big cups were $2.50 each.........There are no loungers available but to us it didn't matter - we were in the water 90% of the time and the rest of the time walked the beach in both directions.

Thanks Diva, sounds wonderful, will add that to the list of possibilities.

How did you get there? Taxi? if so, what did it cost? (assuming from port).

Appreciate it.

Ciao

We booked a private tour for the day with Bodden Tours and our driver Tex drove us wherever we wanted to go and after visiting the other spots we wanted to see, we wound up at the beach.

From my research it looks like a taxi from port is $30US each way.

I've also found info. on some collective vans that run down to the west end.

I've used these in the Playa Del Carmen area of Mexico to much success but being we are time sensitive with a cruise this time taxi seems the way to go.

Anyone know of a safe, more cost-effective way to get to Mayan Princess rather than paying $80 each for a tour guide?

Hi - just curious as to where you got the $80 per person price for a private tour guide? I can tell you that DH and I paid NOTHING close to that...........which company is charging $80pp?

Most people don't cruise alone. ;)

I know Victor Bodden charges $40.00 apiece so if there's two, there's the $80.00.

Ooops I just noticed Perfect Stranger did say $80.00 each, but probably meant $40.00. That's still high if you're only using the tour guide for transportation to/from a beach or resort.

We spent the entire day with our driver including several hours of beach time, sightseeing time touring the island, etc. We stopped whenever/whereever we wanted and for us, this was a much better solution than relying on taxi pick-ups/drop-offs. While we were at the beach, our driver sat and visited with his friends while we snorkeled.

I'm sure whatever you choose to do you'll have a great time - the island is unbelievably beautiful but pile on the sunblock while you're on the beach. You can burn very easily - and if you snorkel, remember to bring a t-shirt to snorkel in so that you're back doesn't burn.....

• 2 weeks later...

Highly recommend hiring a driver/tour guide from www.ronystours.com . There was 9 of us, and we hired Rony for the day for $120.00 ($15 per adult, $10 per child). We went to West Bay Beach -Mayan Princess, and beach was absolutely incredible. We had perfect weather, we went snorkeling and swimming, and we got beach side massages for $15.00 pp...wow it was incredible. This was a terrific day, after our beach time, Rony toured us through the countryside of Roatan, which was so beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am sailing with CCL and they do not offer the Taybanna beach break.

I would like to go to Myan Princess but there will be five in my party and don't want to show up and be turned away.

What is important to us is the following:

Rental of lounge chairs and possibly umbrella

Food/drink

Bathrooms

Where can I get this that won't be with hundreds/thousands of other cruise passengers.

We are sailing August 2010.

Taxi is $20 pp so that would be $100 YIKES that is a lot for taxi.

But, my first question is what beach/hotel/where can I go to get the above hassle free.

Thank you.

Just check with your taxi driver the morning of and they can tell you whether the Mayan Princess has day passes available. We had no problems in late September. The $10 pp includes the lounge chairs and there is plenty of shade, with trees by the beach and umbrellas by the pool. They have food and drink available but we just walked down the beach and found a beach bar and a mini-mart. Beer was cheap at the bar ($3) and cheaper at the store ($2). Pool at the Mayan Princess is wonderful. Beach is beautiful but beware of the sandfleas and the vendors - young kids trying to sell necklaces, bracelets, shells, massages - this was a school day but these poor kids were out trying to sell trinkets to tourists. Bathrooms were clean.

All in all, the Mayan Princess is a lovely place.

• 2 weeks later...

My DH & I were recently in Roatan and took a "private" tour with Victor Bodden. Our tour guide was Jeanette and she was FABULOUS!!! The price was $40 each but since it was just the two of us it was well worth it. I would HIGHLY recommend them. We went to the Mayan Princess after touring the island and doing a little shopping & it was heavenly!!! The place is absolutely beautiful. Jeanette stayed with us for the day and we made it back to the Ship without any problems. I only wish we could have stayed longer!!! As a matter of fact, we're trying to figure out a way to go for a land-based vacation and would use Victor & Jeanette again. She was wonderful..really!!!!

http://www.roatancabtours.com/ will take you over to West Bay or the End for $15 pp round trip (12 passenger van). No tour just transportation, although they do tours for more $$. Gotta get there early at Mayan Princess to get the chairs and pool pass. Someone said Mayan wasn't doing this any more.:eek: Hope they are wrong.

Archived