Days of 90s show Skagway

tigerdadky

Yes - my parents and I did this back in 2002. It is about an hour long show and well, it is kind of cheesy but really quite entertaining. It's well done and you do learn some of the history of the town. We were not on a cruise when we did it and arrived a little early and sat in the front. Shortly, a giant Princess bus showed up and unloaded 50 people. Either a tip or a warning: they do pick people from the audience to participate in the show and since we were sitting in the front row (and the youngest people in the audience!) my dad and I ended up in the show! Really, it wasn't too bad. :) I saw, go for it - an expensive, fun way to spend a few hours in Skagway.

We're in Skagway on the Ryndam from 8:00am - 9:00pm. We'll be on the White Pass railroad from 12:50pm to around 4:30pm. Will there be any show to see after we leave the train, and before we have to reboard? I've read that there's an 8:00pm show, but I know that's too late. :(

Somehow an early morning show just doesn't seem appealing :o.

We enjoyed the show two years ago. We started out the morning with the free tour by the Park Service (check in at the old train station), and then wandered up to the show. It is a bit melodramatic, but that's part of the fun.

OH, it's just a fun show....................loved it..........especially when my DH got grabbed out of the audience and returned to me with lipstick kisses all over his face!

It just takes you back to the "rolicking fun" of an oldtime town..........I can't really believe there was much fun there when everyone was just trying to gather supplies and get on the trail to get GOLD.

Be sure to view the FREE film in the Natl. Park Service building. There's lots of information there. It's in the "old" train station..........and they have great books telling the history of Skagway as well.

ENJOY! Next to Sitka, it's my favorite AK town/city. AND, I love Seward a LOT.:p

Could anyone compare the Days of '98 show to Liarsville? We are trying to decide which we want to do.

First of all, thanks to everyone for the information. I had never heard of this show. Looks like a fun thing to do in Skagway. Last time there we did the WPRR and Liarsville. Liarsville was fun but I think we'll do this one this time, I believe it's a bit longer. Happy Cruising.:)

Archived