Ultimate balcony dining???

mrsz

We did on our last cruise! It was 50pp and was awesome! They have a set menu listed but will work with you on entrees etc. We had a party of 6 on the fantastic balcony E731 and dining service came up earlier in the day to set it up because they had never done the dinner for 6 before. One person in our party was alergic to seafood and they changed the entree for her. Another did not drink so they gave her foo foo drinks instead. They set the table with fresh flowers and sent a photographer to take a pic. That was the only disappointment. We waited to late to take the pic and it was pretty dark.

Enjoy your UBD!

I did research to find out what time sunset was and what days our side of the ship was facing it.

Then we started dinner about 30 minutes before and had a wonderful meal while watching the sunset on the privacy of our own balcony!!!

It was great! And there is a TON of food!!

We did UBD on Crown in Feb for 2 cabins. It was wonderful. Super service, romantic with a BIG perfectly cooked lobster tail. Very special. Beautiful floral arrangement with over 10 blooms. Elegant and worth every penny.

We did UBD for 4 in May on Sapphire. Service was OK. 2 little tiny lobster tails that were dry with brown edges. Two bud vases of 3 red roses.

Big difference in the experience.

pjs986, wow, your pictures sure show the difference in your two UBD experiences. We did the UBD on Island last year and not only did we have a huge lobster tail but a wonderful steak,too. Isn't the steak being offered anymore. I would've been disappointed with the two small lobster tails and no steak.

I did research to find out what time sunset was and what days our side of the ship was facing it.

Then we started dinner about 30 minutes before and had a wonderful meal while watching the sunset on the privacy of our own balcony!!!

It was great! And there is a TON of food!!

Will you marry me????? I'm going to print this out and tape it to my husbands 7 iron....think he will notice????:D

This is presuming Sox Fan is a man and if you are I am really impressed :)!

pjs986, wow, your pictures sure show the difference in your two UBD experiences. We did the UBD on Island last year and not only did we have a huge lobster tail but a wonderful steak,too. Isn't the steak being offered anymore. I would've been disappointed with the two small lobster tails and no steak.

We had a choice of lobster tails, or steak, or surf and turf. On Crown my FIL had surf and turf and the lobster was still huge and wonderfully cooked.

PS-I tried to time the sunset also but did not get a good sunset either of the times-Oh well. More champagne please.

That is the first bad review of UBD (Sapphire) I have read. I would have been upset as well with that lobster. Both times we have done this the lobster was huge as well as the fillet. Hopefully our Hawaii cruise on Golden will be the same.

Will you marry me????? I'm going to print this out and tape it to my husbands 7 iron....think he will notice????:D

This is presuming Sox Fan is a man and if you are I am really impressed :)!

Yes, I am a man and my husband appreciates the time I take to make sure things are just right. :cool:

We did UBD on Crown in Feb for 2 cabins. It was wonderful. Super service, romantic with a BIG perfectly cooked lobster tail. Very special. Beautiful floral arrangement with over 10 blooms. Elegant and worth every penny.

We did UBD for 4 in May on Sapphire. Service was OK. 2 little tiny lobster tails that were dry with brown edges. Two bud vases of 3 red roses.

Big difference in the experience.

Did you do the UBD for 4 on one regular size balcony? We are on the Island in Jan and have 2 cabins next to each other but would like to eat together on one balcony.

Archived