Equinox is looking great!

marinearchit

I was wondering about the inside of Equinox.....is the decor gonna be different from the Solstice or not? Like the Atrium...instead of the live tree hanging what will Equinox have??? Palm trees:confused: or maybe an AQUARIUM HANGING :eek::) That would be awesome! What do you guys think???:cool:

I love the idea of a huge aquarium - not hanging, tho!

Sailing Southern Carrib Dec 2009. Can't wait!

Well they did a support for the 5,000 pound tree....why can't they do the same with the aquarium??? It would be awesome to see the water and the fishes from all the sides....INCLUDING FROM UNDER IT :eek::D:)

Well they did a support for the 5,000 pound tree....why can't they do the same with the aquarium??? It would be awesome to see the water and the fishes from all the sides....INCLUDING FROM UNDER IT :eek::D:)

Like this?aquadome.jpg.599945ab5f051dd09cc794987580a009.jpg

That is the lobby of the Radisson in Berlin. It seems as if it can be done, the Germans are the ones who can do it. If they can do it in Berlin, why not on the Equinox?:)

Susan

view-from-our-room.jpg.12259964c62f261b219cb57c8e31514c.jpg

Like this?[ATTACH]119268[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]119269[/ATTACH]

That is the lobby of the Radisson in Berlin. It seems as if it can be done, the Germans are the ones who can do it. If they can do it in Berlin, why not on the Equinox?:)

Susan

Exactly! AWESOME :)

We're thinking about the 11 Night on her for Spring Break....maybe in our first suite:rolleyes:

I'm sure she'll have something other than the tree, since the tree is an

art piece and these will differ between ships.

I think the Sky Observation Lounge will be red instead of blue, and the MDR may not have those architectural "rib" columns, since they're mainly just asthetic. That's unfortunate, IMO, since they are the one thing I really like about the MDR.

I'm curious to see what will be outside of the Ensemble Lounge. On Solstice it is a black room with painting done on the floor, walls, and ceiling, I assume it will be different on Equinox.

Otherwise I think everything will remain similar, maybe just a few carpet, furniture, and fabric changes.

I have always sailed on Carnival except for my first cruise on Premier. I am looking for a Med. cruise for Aug 2010 for my 50th b-day. Looking at a 10-day on the Equinox. I don't know much about Celebrity, though, so I'll need help from these boards as I do my research.

I'm sure she'll have something other than the tree, since the tree is an

art piece and these will differ between ships.

I think the Sky Observation Lounge will be red instead of blue, and the MDR may not have those architectural "rib" columns, since they're mainly just asthetic. That's unfortunate, IMO, since they are the one thing I really like about the MDR.

I'm curious to see what will be outside of the Ensemble Lounge. On Solstice it is a black room with painting done on the floor, walls, and ceiling, I assume it will be different on Equinox.

Otherwise I think everything will remain similar, maybe just a few carpet, furniture, and fabric changes.

Yes art pieces always change....which will be interesting on the Equinox since the ones on the Solstice are awesome....the room outside Ensemble Lounge was the only room we did not like in the entire ship....kind of weird:eek:....It's gonna be interesting to see the differences :)

I have always sailed on Carnival except for my first cruise on Premier. I am looking for a Med. cruise for Aug 2010 for my 50th b-day. Looking at a 10-day on the Equinox. I don't know much about Celebrity, though, so I'll need help from these boards as I do my research.

We did our first X cruise a couple months ago on the Solstice and let me tell you....It was the best decision....we loved the company and everything about it...looking forward to check out other X ships....I did a review on the Solstice cruise feel free to check it out....I have several pics....the link is in my signature hope it helps :):cool:

Like this?[ATTACH]119268[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]119269[/ATTACH]

Susan

Now that is way too cool and would be really great on Equinox. I have to agree, aquariums would be a great touch!

Here's an update on Equinox:

"Papenburg, 29 May 2009 – Upon completion of ample tests and engine trials the new luxury cruise ship for Celebrity Cruises, the Celebrity Equinox, will leave MEYER WERFT's covered building dock II on 6 June 2009.

Around 7.30 a.m. the new ship will slowly start leaving the dock. In the following the Celebrity Equinox will be moved in the harbour, where more tests will be performed. Around 4.30 p.m. she will finally be berthed.

The undocking procedure will be broadcast live via webcam on the internet: www.meyerwerft.de"

Okay, I did some calculations with time zones and stuff and the undocking will be broadcast Friday night @ 10:30 Pacific time. For those who want to watch her hit the water.

:D

I'll be watching the webcam!

I watched Solstice, so I'll have to watch Equinox.

Also, here are the pictures from the article that winddncer posted...

Celebrity%20Equinox%20Bild%2001_web.jpg

Celebrity%20Equinox%20Bild%2002_web.jpg

Judging by those pictures, it seems they have the S-class down to more of a science since Solstice was floated out. Solstice was floated out without all of her lifeboats on board and had a handful of glass panels missing and replaced with boards. Equinox seems to have all her lifeboats (port and starboard) as well as all of the glass panels intact. I know it's just two small things, but I found it interesting.

The Solar Boat competition is also pretty interesting. Here's the excerpt of that from the article...

"On the following day, - Sunday, 7June 2009 - the solar boat contest put up by MEYER WERFT will take place against the background of the Celebrity Equinox. 20 teams selected from schools in North West Germany will line up for a race in the harbour in front of the new luxury liner. The Celebrity Equinox is also equipped with a solar power system. More than 120 students as well as a big crowd are expected to witness the solar boat race"

Unless I'm mistaken - which could very well be the case - it looks like Solstice and Equinox will be in the same port for the first time on August 23rd in Ephesus. We'll be on Solstice then, and with a little luck they'll be side by side for a great photo opp and chance to compare.

One difference I just noticed between the two ships is below the waterline. Both will have the X dark blue at the waterline, but under it Solstice is red and Equinox is blue.

You can see Equinox's blue in the above pics, and Solstice's red in the attached picture.

Solstice5.jpg.49e13ca7d9d155e9f111cb1aa6aa8f00.jpg

Okay, I did some calculations with time zones and stuff and the undocking will be broadcast Friday night @ 10:30 Pacific time. For those who want to watch her hit the water.

:D

I guess I'll have a very late night then because on the east coast, that will be 1:30 am! She's looking beautiful! Can't wait to see her sail.

Unless I'm mistaken - which could very well be the case - it looks like Solstice and Equinox will be in the same port for the first time on August 23rd in Ephesus. We'll be on Solstice then, and with a little luck they'll be side by side for a great photo opp and chance to compare.

Vince-

If you get to see this, I sure hope you will post some nice photos for us!

Please!!

Bev

One difference I just noticed between the two ships is below the waterline. Both will have the X dark blue at the waterline, but under it Solstice is red and Equinox is blue.

You can see Equinox's blue in the above pics, and Solstice's red in the attached picture.

Kind of makes you wonder what color they have planned for Eclipse. :p

I just had a look at cruisecal and you are right. There together on the 23rd. Those on Summit will also get to see her two or three days beforehand in Rome and also Naples. I love sharing a port with another Celebrity ship. The battle of the ship horns as one leaves can be fun:cool:

Phil

Hi

Meyerwerft says the sailout will be at 7:30am on June 6. What time do I have to be on my laptop to see it? We will be on her Dec 4th.

Thanks

Joann and Bob

The time difference is 7 hours.

Archived