Equinox is looking great!

marinearchit

I was on Meyer Werft's blog and wanted to post this picture from it. I know a lot of people may not wander over there, so I thought I'd post it here.

S%2B676_MG_4548.jpg

I'd say she is looking just like Solstice looked not too long before her float out.

While a specific date for the float out hasn't been announced, Meyer's press section has it projected for mid June.

AWESOME!

If you take a look at the webcam in the Meyer Werft website -> http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=d&main=2&subs=0&did=826 you can see the Lawn Club area and It seems to me that there really is an extension on the covered area for the Glass Show as Celebrity was announcing they would expand it :)....what do you think?

Will the old steel "X" be on the funnel this time?

I noticed on the Solstice that the X didn't look right...like it was an afterthought. Then I saw post construction photos without it.

What was the deal with that?

Aquahound,

They seemed to have originally thought that the X on the balcony railings would be sufficient, it wasn't, so they welded the afterthough X to the Solstice's forward funnel.

For Equinox I'm hoping to see a true X, but nothing has been formally stated.

Aquahound,

They seemed to have originally thought that the X on the balcony railings would be sufficient, it wasn't, so they welded the afterthough X to the Solstice's forward funnel.

For Equinox I'm hoping to see a true X, but nothing has been formally stated.

In my opinion they should have done it with 1 funnel that has the same shape(or similar) to the ones on previous ships....the X on the railings look great but I don't like the little tiny X on one of the funnels while the second one does not have.....If they descided to have 2 smaller funnels(which I think one larger would look better) they should leave BOTH with no X and just the railings one on.....that's my opinion :rolleyes::D:cool:

I like the double funnels and, dare I say it, I actually don't mind the current X, I just like the big one that is on the C and M class.

The dark blue double funnels with the small X reminds me of the early Celebrity/Chandris ships. I would like to see a white X on both funnels, though.

Here's what I mean...

http://www.maritimematters.com/images/britanis-3.jpg

The current Solstice funnel's X is even similar in how it isn't prefectly centered.

The problem with a single funnel on the Solstice is that it isn't an easy thing to do. This results from a few factors. The Lawn Club's configuration prevents them from putting a funnel in the center of it. This also wouldn't work too well, as it would completely disrupt the flow of the lawn and Hot Glass Show, which would make them both relatively pointless.

Although they don't release it to the public, I think the configuration of the different galleys (Epernay, specialties, Oceanview), and the aft crew stairways/accessways work better with the seperate funnels.

Finally, the two funnels evenly split the ship's exhaust, making it look like there is less of it, thus helping the whole "green" idea of the ship.

I like the double funnels and, dare I say it, I actually don't mind the current X, I just like the big one that is on the C and M class.

The dark blue double funnels with the small X reminds me of the early Celebrity/Chandris ships. I would like to see a white X on both funnels, though.

Here's what I mean...

http://www.maritimematters.com/images/britanis-3.jpg

The current Solstice funnel's X is even similar in how it isn't prefectly centered.

The problem with a single funnel on the Solstice is that it isn't an easy thing to do. This results from a few factors. The Lawn Club's configuration prevents them from putting a funnel in the center of it. This also wouldn't work too well, as it would completely disrupt the flow of the lawn and Hot Glass Show, which would make them both relatively pointless.

Although they don't release it to the public, I think the configuration of the different galleys (Epernay, specialties, Oceanview), and the aft crew stairways/accessways work better with the seperate funnels.

Finally, the two funnels evenly split the ship's exhaust, making it look like there is less of it, thus helping the whole "green" idea of the ship.

Yep I also think the configuration they did with specialty restaurants right over MDR and Ocenview a couple decks above but in the same part of the ship(aft) worked really well and I'm sure the second funnel is used for them....the first one if probably for Glass Show and other things I don't know :p and I understand your point about the old ships but then they should not have the large X on the railings and have it in both funnels....I don't know but one big X and one smaller right above it seems to me too much advertisement :rolleyes:

Well I think that they done what they could and wanted....they had a least 5 years working on that so what can I say :confused::D:cool:

Hmm, I had that problem but it seems to work if you right click and select Show Picture.

I'll try again though:

S%2B676_MG_4548.jpg

If it still didn't work, here's the direct link to the blog...

http://meyerwerft.blogspot.com/

I hope this is okay - to quote from the meyerwerft website. I used German to English translation. This is what the website says about the ship.

"Is energy save in cross shipping possible? After the successful delivery of the Celebrity Solstice of the Meyer shipyard, no more doubt exists on that. For the first of five ships for the shipping company Celebrity Cruises convinced not only through its size – with almost 30 percent energy savings is the Celebrity Solstice also remarkably environmentally friendly. Now the second cruise giant of this type follows: Also the Celebrity Equinox surprises with newest solar technology.

That the Celebrity Equinox receives the subject of energy efficiency, is unmistakably – also here were mounted contribute a photovoltaics plant and a special lower water Anstrich, just as as an optimized hydrodynamics and an especially efficient illumination system to considerable energy savings. So the Celebrity Equinox distinguishes itself through the equipment with two different types of photovoltaic cells: While the first module variant is related with a so-called solar foil, the second in form of insulating glass in the glass roofs of the Solariums and the Atriums regains itself.

Cost and sets energy-saving the Meyer shipyard therefore new standards in cross shipping: A considerable part of the carbon dioxide emission can be saved by the installations. Green outlooks therefore, for a booming industry."

Quick update!

20090525_07-49-47.jpg

If you look at the aft portion of the hull, in the bottom right corner of the picture, you can see that they've completed paintimg "Celebrity X Cruises". I think that her livery is probably now complete.

Also, forward of Equinox, the Eclipse looks to be coming along quite nicely!

We have just booked on the 31st July MAIDEN VOYAGE!!!!!:D:D

Looks like she will be ready for us - well, as ready as any ship can be!!:o Just off the Voyager and had a really good time.

Who is the Captain?

Archived