Automatic Free Upgrades for Elite?

Why is it pretty funny? AT Celebrity it's policy, their elite members get a one category upgrade (and you pick your own cabin in the next category it's not random) when you book so it's not unreasonable to ask if another cruise has the same perk. I see people compare parks between cruise lines all the time.

I am elite on Celebrity. You get a one category upgrade in the same type of cabin. For example, we book a oceanview category 6 and pay for oceanview category 7. I don't believe they move up a category from oceanview to balcony. Although, once we got upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony. That was nice but rare.

Who cares what Celebrity does, this is the Princess site and the original question pertained to Princess.

:eek: :eek:

Emerald Princess Trans Atlantic to Oslo. Booked Mini Suite for a party of three. Two of the three are novices with Princess, the third party, me, Elite. Booked AA for our travel agent suggested we keep the booking at that level for possible upgrade. Eventually we were upgraded to full Penthouse Suite.

Now what triggered that upgrade is unknown. Were they trying to impress the novices? They did! Were they trying to impress me as the host of the novices? They did! Is the fact that a stateroom enjoys three full passenger payments for the same space? Would they have upgraded us if we had booked AC or AB? How much of the financial history plays a part, i.e., what is the spending level on previous cruses? We could ask on and on but we have no answers as to why they upgraded us, we are simply most appreciative that they did.

Ont-CA Oh my gosh - it's nice to see a member of CATS (our CC group was Cruising the Atlantic to Scandinavia) posting here!! I guess you were referring to the cruise we just got off, except maybe you jumped ship in Oslo rather than being kicked off in Copenhagen as we were. I know you fulfilled the "requirement" for being an official member of CATS by getting your name badges at the sailaway M&G. How cool that you guys got a PH suite. I've only visited people in one once - now THAT is what I call an upgrade. Denise

Archived