Catholic Mass on Azamara

jot47

Does anyone know if Azamara usually has a Priest on board their ships? On every Celebrity ship we've been on, there has been a Priest. RCI hit and miss. We are looking forward to our Aug. 30th cruise.

Does anyone know if Azamara usually has a Priest on board their ships? On every Celebrity ship we've been on, there has been a Priest. RCI hit and miss. We are looking forward to our Aug. 30th cruise.

There was certainly an RC priest on Quest Singapore to Athens but it was Easter during this cruise. The priest officiated at RC masses and, once or twice, a non-denominational service. For ANZAC day, an Australian passenger held a special service.

Sue

Good morning Jot47,

unfortunately there wasn't a priest on my last cruise on Journey.:(

As for this aspect, Azamara should learn from Costa Cruises, where the priest on board is very valuable especially for the crew.

Best regards,

ItalianGuest

As for this aspect, Azamara should learn from Costa Cruises, where the priest on board is very valuable especially for the crew.

We've had Catholic priests on our Celebrity cruises, but not on our Azamara cruise. While I agree that it's beneficial for some passengers and crew members, it's probably not feasible to have a Catholic priest on every cruise ship year round... whether for economic reasons, due to a lack of available priests, or perhaps because the cruise lines like to accommodate those of other religions as well.

We've had Catholic priests on our Celebrity cruises, but not on our Azamara cruise. While I agree that it's beneficial for some passengers and crew members, it's probably not feasible to have a Catholic priest on every cruise ship year round... whether for economic reasons, due to a lack of available priests, or perhaps because the cruise lines like to accommodate those of other religions as well.

Hi Susan-M,

you're right, It can be dependent on many variables.

But, I'm sure, "want is power" ! ( Italian proverb. I don't know if the translation do justice ).

I hope that Azamara will be able to provide this important service as soon as possible.:rolleyes:

Ciao

ItalianGuest

Thank you for your responses, it would have been nice to have mass said on board...

You're welcome!:)

... but oh well we'll still enjoy our cruise

Also because there is full of catholic Churches along your itinerary!!! ;)

Have a nice cruise.

ItalianGuest

You might have one - we did!

We had a priest on the Quest January 30 cruise from Hong Kong to Tianjin. Monsigor Villamide celebrated mass in the Looking Glass (or Library) EVERY DAY at different times depending on the day itinerary!!

MC

Archived