Favourite Cocktails???

Hey guys, I am going on Liberty of the Seas in June. Im Irish and I guess we dont have a big cocktail culture here! Im pretty boring...all I ever order are margaritas and mayeb sex on the beach. I dont like anything thats too strong tasting (like tequila sunrise can be). I prefer to not taste the alcohol! Any suggestions for new cocktails for me? Whats your favourite??

I love the Champagne cocktails in the Champagne Bar.

Bellini's are good; they taste like a fresh peach, and my husband loves Flirtinis. We always visit the Champagne Bar and have a few before dinner.

I dont like anything thats too strong tasting (like tequila sunrise can be). I prefer to not taste the alcohol!

I'm the same way. You could always try a Strawberry Daiquiri made with Vodka instead of Rum. Careful though, with a good mix you may forget you're drinking alcohol...:eek:

Pat

I love a bellini and also love a french martini.......i got hooked on the french martinis on our serenade cruise....a great bartender from Bulgaria (mladin sp?) made them and they are the best I have ever tasted since. Most bartenders, even on the ships, will make them with either too much alcohol or don't know how to make them at all...they come out looking like cosmos.....i like the taste of alcohol but too much ruins a french martini

Mango mojitos in Boleros - fabulous!!! :D

I agree!!! Absolutely THE best! It is the "taste" of cruising...

-----------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2001

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

Something in 2009 - just have not decided yet

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - April 17, 2010

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day - 2011

Cosmo's and Mango Tangos. Look out as well for cocktails of the day, a lot of these are fruit based. Some can be strange in colour green/blue so I steer away from these.My fav is Long Beech Iced tea but may be to alcoholy tastinn based on what you have said...b

I love a bellini and also love a french martini.......i got hooked on the french martinis on our serenade cruise....a great bartender from Bulgaria (mladin sp?) made them and they are the best I have ever tasted since. Most bartenders, even on the ships, will make them with either too much alcohol or don't know how to make them at all...they come out looking like cosmos.....i like the taste of alcohol but too much ruins a french martini

Do try a French Martini....but no more than two at a time:).....if made correctly they are very addictive because they are so smooth. I love them. (Andrew's DP)

Well I just got back from my first Royal cruise on Liberty of the Seas...and I have to admit my favorite drinks were the Coco Locos at Coco Cay and the Labadoozes at Labadee.... I also really enjoyed Lava Flows too.

What exactly is a Bellini and a French Martini?

I too was intrigued

Apparently for a French Martini

1 1/2 oz vodka

1/4 oz Chambord® raspberry liqueur

1/4 oz fresh pineapple juice

1 twist lemon peel

Pour each of the above into a tall bar glass. Shake with ice, pour into a cocktail or martini glass, and serve.

To make a Bellini

Pour peach purée into the base of the flute then gently add the chilled sparkling wine. Stir gently, garnish with a slice of peach and serve.

To make a Bellini

Pour peach purée into the base of the flute then gently add the chilled sparkling wine. Stir gently, garnish with a slice of peach and serve.

That's the classic Bellini. We love them in the mornings with breakfast, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas. We don't use the peach slice as a garnish, we put several slices into the glass with the champagne.

RCI uses a different mix for their Bellinis. They add a shot of Hiram Walkers Peach Schnapps to a glass of champagne. Still tastes good according to Moneypenny. It's her favourite drink on board.

I too was intrigued

Apparently for a French Martini

1 1/2 oz vodka

1/4 oz Chambord® raspberry liqueur

1/4 oz fresh pineapple juice

1 twist lemon peel

Pour each of the above into a tall bar glass. Shake with ice, pour into a cocktail or martini glass, and serve.

To make a Bellini

Mmmmmmmmmmm!:D

Archived