Help!!!! Tour assistance for Bora Bora

We will be on the PG June 13th. I contacted Patrick about doing a tour with him several months ago and we had planned to go with him however he has not been able to get others for this date and we have not gotten any responses from our CC posts. So...the lagoon tour alone will be over $500 which is more than we care to spend for a day.

Question is...What is a must for BB. We will be in Moorea for 5 days and Papeete 3 days before the cruise. I know we can see stingrays in Moorea and have been told the snorkeling might be better there too.

We are thinking of a 3.5 hour tour with the ship that will go through the island and then to the lagoon to snorkel. Since the PG has its own Motu is there anything we would be really missing or need to see while in BB?

I had hoped we could do the all day with Patrick....4by4 and lagoon but alone that would be almost $1000. Shared with others much more reasonable. I think we are just safer booking with the cruise ship as I don't want to miss out on this spectacular Island when we only have an overnight there..

Thoughts???

Karen

Hi! We'll be on the PG the week after you and have booked the full day with Patrick (We're a party of 8). At any rate, Patrick probably will continue to have the date open. Have you tried looking for others for that date on the forum with other cruise ships? Or if he continues to keep the date open, perhaps you can wait until you get on the ship and talk to others to see if you can get a group together. Patrick seems like such a nice man and I'm sure he'd love to have a tour that day. I ran into the same problem in St. Petersburg getting a group together. I wish I had kept the tour guide as a possibility because there were many others on the voyager that were interested.

The stingray ballet on Bora Bora is, in my opinion, much better than the comparable stingray trip on Moorea. It's not just "seeing rays", but the whole excursion. I believe several companies do this, and one of them provides the Regent excursion of this name. It's quite memorable.

Remember that while in Bora Bora, weather permitting, you can spend part of the day on a private motu with a beach and great water. There is snorkelling there too, although in fairly deep water. Don't miss this if you like vegging out on the beach.

The 4x4 trip around BB is also spectacular. You might be able to do both. They are pricey using the Regent excursions, but nothing like what you mentioned.

We will be on the PG June 13th. I contacted Patrick about doing a tour with him several months ago and we had planned to go with him however he has not been able to get others for this date and we have not gotten any responses from our CC posts. So...the lagoon tour alone will be over $500 which is more than we care to spend for a day.

Question is...What is a must for BB. We will be in Moorea for 5 days and Papeete 3 days before the cruise. I know we can see stingrays in Moorea and have been told the snorkeling might be better there too.

We are thinking of a 3.5 hour tour with the ship that will go through the island and then to the lagoon to snorkel. Since the PG has its own Motu is there anything we would be really missing or need to see while in BB?

I had hoped we could do the all day with Patrick....4by4 and lagoon but alone that would be almost $1000. Shared with others much more reasonable. I think we are just safer booking with the cruise ship as I don't want to miss out on this spectacular Island when we only have an overnight there..

Thoughts???

Karen

Aloha renroc13;

We might be able to help you out with a private boat tour on BoraBora if your interested you have to let us know. We have access to a private Bayliner that is very fast and private only six people max. We book this every year for just the two of us and have brought a couple ship employees last year. We brought Norman Piche the travel concierge and one of the dancers and had a great time. We are going to book the boat for three weeks in a row and might have room the week your on the ship for about half the price you were quoted for Patricks tour. We get to go where we want when and do what we want with no crowds:D If you have an interest in going on a very exclusive private tour for a really great price let us know right away and we will see if it's possible'

Aloha for know

Larry and Cindy

Aloha renroc13;

We might be able to help you out with a private boat tour on BoraBora if your interested you have to let us know. We have access to a private Bayliner that is very fast and private only six people max. We book this every year for just the two of us and have brought a couple ship employees last year. We brought Norman Piche the travel concierge and one of the dancers and had a great time. We are going to book the boat for three weeks in a row and might have room the week your on the ship for about half the price you were quoted for Patricks tour. We get to go where we want when and do what we want with no crowds:D If you have an interest in going on a very exclusive private tour for a really great price let us know right away and we will see if it's possible'

Aloha for know

Larry and Cindy

We've done this trip many times. It is the most exclusive trip on bora bora catering to what we want to do and when & where we want to go for a third of the price you pay on the ship. 6 people max, but we usually go with 4. He has access to a private motu where there will no one but us. Let us know soon as we have to get in touch with him.

We walked around town during the morning. We had hired a small pvt motrocraft w. driver to take us touring and fishing around the lagoon. This view of the island from the water is a neat way to see BB and if you wish, you can stop and snorkel.

Wow! What an Anniversary gift you have all given me today! I will attempt to respond to all.

Misha- I have posted for months on CC and other sites and there does not seem to be too much activity on these sites for this specific sailing. It is quieter than any ship we have ever taken pre cruise but I understand that is not unusual with Regent.

I have been corresponding with Patrick for several months. He has another ship on the 17th but the time frame will not work for us.

We can risk waiting but since we are in BB for such a short time I prefer having something booked. Will be in Moorea a total of 7 days so I am not too concerned there. And we are already booked for Dr Poole's trip. Have been emailing him directly as well and we have lived in the same areas in Miami.

...............................................................................................

Wendy- Thanks for letting me know about the stingrays and the better site in BB. We are considering doing that and the 4 by 4 or Le Truck now after rereading everything before these responses came in and vegging on the Motu the rest of the time. We do a lot of snorkeling in the ocean in the Caribbean so I am ok with deep water.

Paula-Glad to hear one can pick up a last minute trip too. Plan to walk around as well. Thank you.

Cindy and Larry- Are you both Seafaring and Aurite...the same people?? Hope you had a great trip in Vegas. The private boat is tempting except we have never been to this end of the world and might want to see some of the "touring" stuff that you have already done.

I don't mind paying the money for the ship trips as long as I know we will catch some of the sites. I had read so many good things about Patrick that I jumped on that right away but do not want to wait much longer since there is little activity on the roll call. We have paired up with others many times in the past on roll calls. Since we live on the East coast and will find ourselves in Europe as often as you are in Tahiti we don't want to miss much on this limited trip.

Please email me so I can ask you some more details. We are certainly looking forward to meeting both of you.

ljb0468@aol.com

Karen (and Len)

Happy Anniversary Renroc13! I checked the post that BGSS posted about the ships in port for our week starting the 20th and saw that the PG was the only ship at each of the ports each day. You can check your week

http://www.cruisereport.com/PortsOfCallList.aspx If the PG is the only ship the week you are in Bora Bora, you might be able to talk Patrick into being on stand by to see if you can get other PGers to join you. You could call him at the beginning of the cruise and let him know. Just a suggestion

Are you in Miami now? We're in Ft. Lauderdale and also do many more trips to Europe. This is special trip for us with many hours in the air just to get there.

b1brownfamily I'm not sure if you were talking about the boat tour with Patrick, but we have him booked June 25th. He had the 26th open several weeks ago. Here is his website www.maohinui.net and you can contact him at

patrick.bora@mail.pf

Cindy and Larry ... I thought you were on the sailing the 20th???? Darn....

Happy Anniversary Renroc13! I checked the post that BGSS posted about the ships in port for our week starting the 20th and saw that the PG was the only ship at each of the ports each day. You can check your week

http://www.cruisereport.com/PortsOfCallList.aspx If the PG is the only ship the week you are in Bora Bora, you might be able to talk Patrick into being on stand by to see if you can get other PGers to join you. You could call him at the beginning of the cruise and let him know. Just a suggestion

Are you in Miami now? We're in Ft. Lauderdale and also do many more trips to Europe. This is special trip for us with many hours in the air just to get there.

b1brownfamily I'm not sure if you were talking about the boat tour with Patrick, but we have him booked June 25th. He had the 26th open several weeks ago. Here is his website www.maohinui.net and you can contact him at

patrick.bora@mail.pf

Misha, we're also on the June 13th cruise, we're going a total of 3 weeks on the PG. You say you have Patrick booked on June 25th, but we'll be in Bora Bora the 23 & 24th, the 25th we'll be in Moorea. Larry & Cindy

patrick.bora@mail.pf

Thanks for the site Misha. Patrick said the Pacific Dawn will be in port June 17th. Quite frankly this is getting to be too difficult so we will just book something. We travel around the world and always hire private guides. I suspected this might not work out several months ago when there was not much activity showing on the roll call for this cruise. And in all honesty there are many places in the world where I would wait until the same day but there are not many choices to wait for the last minute on this one. I am certain whatever we do and see will be fine.

We live in PA now. My husband is originally from Miami and has been at Penn State 38 years. I am from New York and lived in Miami for 18 years but have been in PA for 18 now.

Yes it is a long trip. We are lucky to have time in the summer (forced layoff) so we will stop in Hawaii on the way to Tahiti and then come back to Hawaii for 3 weeks on the way back. It lessens the trauma of 15 hours of flights. We leave next Wednesday.

Thank you for the port site. I have filed it for further use. Next summer Greece and Turkey.

Karen

We are a group of six (sailing on 20 June) and would love to book the private boat tour. How do we go about doing this? Thanks!

Sue

Aloha Sue, we were just in contact with our friend in Bora Bora and he has room for you on 6/24. Let us know your e-mail and we'll send you the information.

Thanks, Larry & Cindy

Aloha Sue, we were just in contact with our friend in Bora Bora and he has room for you on 6/24. Let us know your e-mail and we'll send you the information.

Thanks, Larry & Cindy

Here's our email address so you can get in touch with us: cvisions@msn.com

Larry & Cindy

Oops, too many dates and details. We have Patrick booked the 24th and he had the 23rd open. Wow, 3 weeks on the PG, Awesome. Glad that we'll be with you on part of your tour.

Karen, your husband being at Penn State for 38 years tickled me. I've been in high school for 22 years and still am not graduating. Have a wonderful trip. Leave some coconuts in FP so that we can have Mai Tais also! We're also planning on Greece next summer.

Jan

Oops, too many dates and details. We have Patrick booked the 24th and he had the 23rd open. Wow, 3 weeks on the PG, Awesome. Glad that we'll be with you on part of your tour.

Karen, your husband being at Penn State for 38 years tickled me. I've been in high school for 22 years and still am not graduating. Have a wonderful trip. Leave some coconuts in FP so that we can have Mai Tais also! We're also planning on Greece next summer.

Jan

Aloha Misha,

Misha don't sweat the dates and details just get ready for a great time!:D

We're glad to be a part of your cruise as well!! They have plenty of coconuts don't worry, no matter how many len and karen have we will make sure you have some the next week, so we can partake then as well!

Greece? sounds fun we will have to talk!

Aloha for now

Larry and Cindy

Archived