Tip - bring a travel mug

Milaandra

I just finished my first cruise and I have to pass this along. If you are a coffee drinker, bring a travel mug! We often drank our coffee(s) on the promenade, watching the ocean, and it would have been far more convenient.

We have cruised twice and I have always brought my Tim Hortons Travel mug. (It remind me of home) I'd have my coffee in it and take it or lemonade off the ship with me.

Kat

I loved having my travel mug with me on my last cruise. I used it for hot tea or hot cocoa in the morning and for lemonade or iced tea in the afternoons. WAY more convenient than running back and forth to the Lido every time I was thirsty.

Great idea for a number of reasons.

Tidal waves in the ship's mug as I was carrying them down to the cabin is one that springs to mind.

These travel mugs with lids are much safer and bigger.

Berwyn

Wouldn't it be more convenient for those people that fly to their port of embarkation to wait until they are onboard and buy a travel mug in one of the ship's giftshops to save room in their luggage?

Wouldn't it be more convenient for those people that fly to their port of embarkation to wait until they are onboard and buy a travel mug in one of the ship's giftshops to save room in their luggage?

was just thinking the same thing...as well as a mug to drink out of, you will also have a great souvenir..:)

They don't take up that much space and we can always pack something in them to travel so don't waste too much space.

And they only cost £1 (approx $1.30) in the supermarket.

Berwyn

We have cruised twice and I have always brought my Tim Hortons Travel mug. (It remind me of home) I'd have my coffee in it and take it or lemonade off the ship with me.

Kat

Plus you've got a great conversation starter explaining "Double Double" and "Cruller"

We keep a small nightlight, ginseng tea bags, pre-mix instant coffee, a 3 oz. hand sanitizer in it, mini-LED flashlight and few bandage in it - you will be surprised how much fit into that tall 16 oz. plastic mug (got quite a few of these promo items at work & others given out at conference & shows, etc. so it's easily disposed of if we need that tiny bit of space in the luggage or decided to pickup a souvenior one while on vacation/cruising.

It's good for coffee/tea in the buffet and in the statement while cruising, and for bringing that extra orange/apple juice back to keep in the mini refrigerator for a nice afternoon/midnight treat without running up/down to the "snack bar" area that's open or calling room service.

A full travel mug of liquid with a lid to prevent spills is like 3 "mugs" of coffee or juice as used/served on NCL ships that we sail on.

We plan on bringing our mugs, just not sure which ones. My DW has a 44oz that she fills with slurpies every morning and I have a 64oz I fill with water everyday. Doubt very seriously that we will bring these - don't want to stand out TOO much. But we do have some 24 / 32oz cups that I was planning on bringing. I know these aren't too big - but would they be out of place in comparison to what others usually bring on?

I'd say bigger the better, especially if you are using them for water. I kind of figure one would have to do a lot to stand out.

I am a big fan of underpacking and not bringing any extra "junk" (ducttape, power strips, kitchen sink etc.) but I DO bring my travel mug - as mentioned it's not dead space if you pack stuff in them.

There's some differences, but that's a reasonable comparison.

Tim Horton's is the best!!! :D

Best coffee. Best cafe mocha. Best iced capp. Best breakfast sandwiches. Best donuts.

Tim Horton, the great hockey player, died in a terrible car wreck on the QEW a few months before i was born in 1974. :eek: :(

Im from the Buffalo area and grew up watching the Buffalo Sabres play hockey. Horton was a Sabre for two seasons. The Sabres retired his jersey number 2 in 1996. He was a Toronto Maple Leaf for many years winning the Stanley cup with the Leafs four times in his storied career in Toronto. He was also a 7 time All Star. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1977. Horton is also a member of the Buffalo Sabres Hall of Fame.

Or go to the ship's store and buy a Carnival one. I'd rather take that home and use it so it reminds me of the cruise. When we travel, I bring a lot of extra unnecessary things - but a travel mug won't be one of them.

Archived