Radiance of the Seas Alaska Photos (Aft Balcony)

Wow - awesome photos which I imagine sums up an awesome holiday. My hubby and I are cruising to Alaska on Radiance on 31 July and just can't wait. So good to see your photos and get a glimpse of what is ahead for us - thanx so much.

Thanks for sharing the photos! We leave for the Rhapsody.................tomorrow!!!!!!!!! it's finally here. Now we can 'share' similar photos! We'll probably take the train tour, too. Sounds like alot of fun. And of course, shopping at Victoria.

christine

OOPS! Forgot to mention, too, that we have an aft junior suite. I love being back there. A different perspective.

I just checked the weather, and it's supposed to be 75* in Skagway on Monday!!!!! No rain forecast, and also nice later in the week in Juneau.

Thanks again for your great pics.

OOPS! Forgot to mention, too, that we have an aft junior suite. I love being back there. A different perspective.

I just checked the weather, and it's supposed to be 75* in Skagway on Monday!!!!! No rain forecast, and also nice later in the week in Juneau.

Thanks again for your great pics.

Have a wonderful time...

FreqTraveler

Thank-you for sharing your photos. Awesome!

I loved first the shot of Golden Gate Bridge.

Really cool sunsets too.

I am looking forward to my aft cabin (1604) Aug 28 09

Did you have a guide to Mendenhall? This is something I really want to do but I am nervous about the safety of it. Please share your thoughts on this.

Did you have a guide to Mendenhall? This is something I really want to do but I am nervous about the safety of it. Please share your thoughts on this.

Yes, we had a guide through Above and Beyond Alaska (beyondak.com). Our guide, Ed, was born and raised in Juneau and said he has hiked on the glacier since he was 9 years old. I was a little nervous when we first got on the glacier, but he was very cautious and wouldn't let us wonder around on our own. He also let us look over the edge at the water flowing through, but made us stand one at a time near the edge. I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone, but it is a 8 mile hike round trip with about 2 miles being pretty strenuous. It ended up taking us over 7 hours (normal time is 5 hours) to do the hike, because we had 2 people that weren't able to go very fast and had a hard time. Let me know if you have any other questions.:)

Mike and Theresa, thanks so much for the wonderful photos.

Your photos make it look like I've already been there! Looking at your photos has made me even more excited about our cruise there next summer.

Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the photos, it sure is gorgeous up there!

I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming Alaska cruises as much as we did! Sounds like the good weather is going to continue!

Cheers!

Great photos! BTW - how did you like the ship? We have never been on a RC cruise. We're planning a Panama Canal cruise next Fall - Radiance is one of the ships we're thinking about.

Great photos! BTW - how did you like the ship? We have never been on a RC cruise. We're planning a Panama Canal cruise next Fall - Radiance is one of the ships we're thinking about.

Hi Bogeydi,

I really liked the ship. We'd only been on the Dawn Princess prior, which is much smaller. It was in very good shape and our room and all the public rooms were really nice. I didn't use the spa, but went to the gym frequently and it was very nice and had a lot of equipment.

The service was excellent as well. One of my favorite things about RC is that if you say "thank you" to someone, they always say "my pleasure" back to you. I just got a kick out of that.

I don't think you'll go wrong chosing RC.

Can't wait for our trip in less than one month! We are going on the same ship and I have to thank you for sharing your photos! I got goosebumps looking at them. My husband and I are taking our two oldest grandchildren (9 and 7) for his 60th birthday celebration! Again, many thanks! :D

Hi Bogeydi,

I really liked the ship. We'd only been on the Dawn Princess prior, which is much smaller. It was in very good shape and our room and all the public rooms were really nice. I didn't use the spa, but went to the gym frequently and it was very nice and had a lot of equipment.

The service was excellent as well. One of my favorite things about RC is that if you say "thank you" to someone, they always say "my pleasure" back to you. I just got a kick out of that.

I don't think you'll go wrong chosing RC.

Thank you for the recommendation - sounds like it will stay a contender!

I totally agree with you. I cruise 10 times a year and that is the greatest thing about Royal Caribbean. I think that if you love cruising Princess Cruises on their Golden and Star Princess in Alaska offer a much better cruising experience. The standards of service are higher, especially if you are looking for a classy cruising experience. If you need more details please ask, I know all cruise lines other than Carnival intimately. Children and youngsters will always get a kick out of Royal Caribbean all the time.

Happy Cruising y'all :)

Archived