QM2 - 25May2009 WB

Vic The Parrot

Good morning from the North Atlantic.

It's been smooth sailing til yesterday. 10-15 ft swells right now, and a whole lotta rockin goin on!

A passenger (oops .. "guest" :rolleyes: ) had to be medivac-ed from the ship.

The unfortunate person fractured her hip, and is now resting in a Cornwall hospital, thanks to the RN chopper that picked her up.

Greg, Rob, and Simon have been behaving themselves, and send thier love.

Time for bed, as this weary night owl is feeling the effects of way too many pints, and the beautiful sound of waves banging against the hull. ;)

Hope everyone is well, and I'll be back on Wed night.

:)

Hi Vic,

Hope you're having a great cruise. It would be good to have the wave action during the night. I would sleep good - just like a thunderstorm.

Enjoy and have a drink for me.

Ed

So far, the sea conditions haven't improved.

It's still windy and rough out there. (Angela ... looks can be deceiving. Even tho the bridge-cam showed calm all over, plenty of whitecaps all over, and it's difficult to walk outdoors on the promenade :( )

Commodore Warner mentioned that it's only gonna get worse. And it feels like it! :eek:

And speaking of the Commodore, I have to badger him as to why he ceased the noon whistle.

So far, no whistle at sea since leaving Southampton. :mad:

And the lady with the hip fracture is said to be doing well in Cornwall.

More bits and pieces later ...

Be good!

Vic, I am jealous! I'd love to be on QM2 with some moderately rough seas right about now! Maybe later this year...

Enjoy yourself thoroughly...

Thanks buddy!

It sort of feels like a real crossing with the roughness. You have to time it perfectly. So look into something for January 2010 (QV winter crossing ... exactly the same feeling. ;) hint hint ... wink wink ... nudge nudge :D )

Hi Vic,

Hope you're having a great cruise. It would be good to have the wave action during the night. I would sleep good - just like a thunderstorm.

Enjoy and have a drink for me.

Ed

Been sleeping like a baby ... and the pints help! :D ;)

Catch ya soon

Vic, thanks for posting. Yes, the bridge cam is deceiving. Even though it looks smooth you can be rolling and I love it when she rolls. Please take care of the QM2 since I will be boarding on Sunday.

Linda

Good afternoon, everyone.

The wind has finally decreased as of yesterday, and it's now possible to enjoy time outdoors without the fear of being blown across the deck. :eek:

Very sunny right now, and the temp dropped a few degrees. We are now off the coast of Newfoundland, close to where Titanic went down.

And the noon whistle is back! :D

I never said anything to anyone, so guess the Commodore read my mind? :rolleyes: ;)

I'll make a mental note, and ask him at tonite's party.

Time for my pre-lunch rounds ... see ya'll later!

Vic,

Please give my best to all of those charter members of WREC's onboard, and remind them that the "real" liner buffs will be on the QM2 this coming January!;)

Regards,

Frank

A.K.A., Calliope

Thanks buddy!

It sort of feels like a real crossing with the roughness. You have to time it perfectly. So look into something for January 2010 (QV winter crossing ... exactly the same feeling. ;) hint hint ... wink wink ... nudge nudge :D )

Hint well taken!

I keep trying to make a winter crossing work for me... looks like April 2010 or Jan 2011 might be winning...

Glad to hear your winds died down finally. Enjoy the rest of your crossing!

Good morning ...

It's 230am, Atlantic Time, and the weather is a balmy 68deg F ... quite a difference from a few hours ago. (Think it was around 50-55 earlier today. It's drizzling, and the foghorn is doing it's thing, serenading me to sleep! :) )

Just left G32 a while ago, and a few were still there partying it up.

Greg, and the rest of the gang seemed to have vanished tonite ... either they have wimped out, and turned in; or went to explore the crew quarters. ;) :cool:

This tired crosser is calling it a night as well ...

Catch everyone later!

Hey Vic!

You need to mix those pints with some shots of Jagermeister, leave some vomit comets for the stewards around the ship. :eek:;):D

Glad your well, have a great cruise.:cool:

Mark...

Good morning ...

It's 230am, Atlantic Time, and the weather is a balmy 68deg F ... quite a difference from a few hours ago. (Think it was around 50-55 earlier today. It's drizzling, and the foghorn is doing it's thing, serenading me to sleep! :) )

Just left G32 a while ago, and a few were still there partying it up.

Greg, and the rest of the gang seemed to have vanished tonite ... either they have wimped out, and turned in; or went to explore the crew quarters. ;) :cool:

This tired crosser is calling it a night as well ...

Catch everyone later!

Hey Vic! Good to hear you are having an interesting crossing! Only two days back of QV here and still not able to catch up on sleep! :eek:

I kept saying to Brian....l will sleep when l get home!....easier said than done!

Jackie :)

I'm also on the May 25th crossing and would not have called the conditions earlier in the cruise rough, you could feel some movement but really nothing too bad. I wouldn't want anyone worried about the QM2's ability to handle moderate waves.

I was on the Med cruise just prior to this crossing and it was actually more movement as we crossed the Bay of Biscay (southbound only)

It's foggy now over George's Banks (as usual). Back home tomorrow after 23 lovely days at sea. It's been a wonderful voyage, I hate to see it end.

Well, it's almost time for dinner.

The fog is back after a sunny afternoon here south of Cape Cod.

(It's so pleasant to hear that familiar 'toot' after lulling me to sleep last night. :) )

Just finished the dirty deed of packing a while ago ... and I'm ready to jump from Cloud 9. :(

But, all good things must come to an end, and looking forward to the next one.

Hope I can get on later ... supposedley, the computers stop functioning after 10pm on the last night.

Which is something new to me.

Anyways, hope everyone is well, and I'll drop a line in a while.

I'm also on the May 25th crossing and would not have called the conditions earlier in the cruise rough, you could feel some movement but really nothing too bad. I wouldn't want anyone worried about the QM2's ability to handle moderate waves.

I was on the Med cruise just prior to this crossing and it was actually more movement as we crossed the Bay of Biscay (southbound only)

It's foggy now over George's Banks (as usual). Back home tomorrow after 23 lovely days at sea. It's been a wonderful voyage, I hate to see it end.

Yea

The show is over ...

It's now 1am EST, and the lights of Long Island have appeared on the starboard side.

Have to say that this feels like a repeat of the January QV crossing. Everything is shut down, even G32!

But a few of us enjoyed a last conversation in the Golden Lion, even possibly recruited a new Cutic member! But have to confirm this with Rob. (Rob, if you're reading this, drop me an email or PM)

It was a great crossing, and looking forward to the next one. January 2010, anyone? ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good morning ...

I think I know where Greg was at that hour....

Let's just say we had rather more than we bargained for that morning, in our room service order, like breakfast for six!!!!!!

What we should have done was call him up to let him know his breakfast had arrived, we spared him though!

We have some cereals left over, if anyone gets hungry, and is on board... ;)

Archived