Pools HEATED on the Dream??

gapopes5

I would guess since none of the other ships have any heated pools, that they wouldnt be heated on Dream either.

They pull in ocean water and fill them and then drain them it looks like pretty often. So, they will be whatever temperature the ocean is at cruising time ... and salt water.

I would guess since none of the other ships have any heated pools, that they wouldnt be heated on Dream either.

This isn't true. I thought that before my last cruise, and so I never went in the pools. But the pools on the Paradise were heated, and people have said the Splendor pool is heated too (the water slide on the Splendor was freezing according to my kids).

This isn't true. I thought that before my last cruise, and so I never went in the pools. But the pools on the Paradise were heated, and people have said the Splendor pool is heated too (the water slide on the Splendor was freezing according to my kids).

According to this thread, the only time Carnival heats pools is in the Baltic, or Mediterean, or to Alaska, other times they are not.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=925283

Im still willing to bet that Dream which doesnt go to any place cold they will not heat the pools (yes the spa might have a heated pool, I assumed OP meant regular free pools).

this one says only the spa pool on Splendor is heated. Not regular pools.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09131/964399-37.stm

OK still doing searches, found one about the Dream finally.

http://www.familytravelgurus.com/intcarnival0409.pdf

Interview with Alicia Steuart from Carnival Cruise Line

In 2010 she will offer 7 day cruises round trip from Seattle to make it more

convenient for our guests to get to the ship. The Spirit has a lot of great features

that make her a perfect fit for Alaska cruising…80% of the staterooms are ocean

view with 80% balconies. Also, this ship has a heated pool along with several hot

tubs to enjoy while sailing in the cooler climate of Alaska.

It sounds like this part refers to Spirit going to alaska, but apparantly there are ships where they COULD heat the salt water, but I dont think they do unless they are going to a cooler climate.

OK still doing searches, found one about the Dream finally.

http://www.familytravelgurus.com/intcarnival0409.pdf

It sounds like this part refers to Spirit going to alaska, but apparantly there are ships where they COULD heat the salt water, but I dont think they do unless they are going to a cooler climate.

I went in the pool on the Paradise 5/11 to Catalina. The water was very very warm--at least 80 degrees. Heated.

Is that really true? The water is directly from the ocean? :eek: We have a salt water pool here at home but it does not give one that sticky feel that ocean salt water does.

Your drinking water is treated ocean water too. The ocean is where the ship gets all its water.

Is that really true? The water is directly from the ocean? :eek: We have a salt water pool here at home but it does not give one that sticky feel that ocean salt water does.

It's very well filtered. But you definitely need to rinse off when you get out of the pool, or you'll have a coat of fine salt all over you!

Archived