need to change from trad dining to anytime. When should I make change

cruz guy

Looking for advice from all of you.

Leaving on Golden Princess on Sat. I signed up for traditional late seating dining and now have reconsidered after looking at our port schedule and want to have anytime dining.

Since we are leaving this Sat. should I just wait till I get on ship to make the change to anytime dining, or should I try to call my travel agent to see if she can change it now? Its all rather last minute.

Thanks to all for any suggestions!

Leaving on Golden Princess on Sat. I signed up for traditional late seating dining and now have reconsidered after looking at our port schedule and want to have anytime dining.

Since we are leaving this Sat. should I just wait till I get on ship to make the change to anytime dining, or should I try to call my travel agent to see if she can change it now? Its all rather last minute.

This close to sailing, I would wait until I boarded the ship to make the change. Bon voyage!

Too late to change now, you will have to see the Maitre'D once onboard. ;)

I was told that you could change to Anytime....well anytime.

Might as well wait until you're onboard and then decide what you want to do.

Yes, it is very easy to switch from traditional to anytime dining, but it is almost impossible to switch back. ;)

There is surely a long waiting list of people who would love your spot in the traditional dining room! If you wish to give it up, do so as quickly as possible to open up the spot for someone else.

Perhaps the table assignments haven't been made yet, so it wouldn't hurt to have your TA call now. If it's too close to sailing to put in the request now, then see the maitre-d as soon as you board.

Check with the Maitre 'd after you board. I doubt Princess will make a change within 5 days of sailing. The Maitre 'd is the one who does the seating assignments and since changes are made all the time, it's not a big deal to do it after you board.

I don't think it would hurt to call Princess and ask them, since they probably don't have the cards printed yet.

Donna,

What cards are you talking about? I've only seen numbers on the tables in the dining rooms

Ciao for now!!!

Not meaning to hijack, but my question is related and I'm hoping someone can help.

We're currently waitlisted for first seating traditional dining. Does that mean we're presently assigned to the second seating of traditional dining, or are we assigned to anytime dining?

Not meaning to hijack, but my question is related and I'm hoping someone can help.

We're currently waitlisted for first seating traditional dining. Does that mean we're presently assigned to the second seating of traditional dining, or are we assigned to anytime dining?

You'll be in anytime if you don't clear the waitlist for 1st seating----- 2nd seating has its own, separate waitlist. If you feel strongly about 1st seating, you can talk to the maitre d' on the afternoon of embarkation day, the time will be posted in the Patter. You can also request the same table, same time in one of the anytime DRs, not quite the same but close.Or, you can try anytime and see how it goes.

We never cleared the waiting list last year, and was assigned anytime. It was very important to us to have the same table and wait team every night, and the maitre-d/head waiter on the Caribbean Princess would NOT take reservations or make this arrangement for us. (Despite reassurances on this message board that it wouldn't be a problem). We found that since we wanted early dining anyway, it was no problem to show up at the anytime dining room when it first opened, and then we had our choice of tables/wait teams, and were able to get the same assignment every night. However we had to work this out for ourselves.

Donna,

What cards are you talking about? I've only seen numbers on the tables in the dining rooms

Ciao for now!!!

Your cruise card/room key will have your dinner time, like 1st, 2nd or anytime listed on the cruise card and if you are 1st or 2nd they will have your table number also on it. (:D You should know that or did you have patches on both eyes Captainron?????:D)

OP has left already so nothing I or anyone else says will make much difference, but to any of you who want to know, you can switch from traditional to anytime, whenever you want, the other way is not that easy and yes, if you miss your traditional one night you certainly can choose "personal choice" for that night.

Nita

If you have traditional dining and miss your time, can you go to any of the anytime dining rooms or do you have to resort to the buffet?

On our last several cruises they were checking your cruise card to see where and when you are assigned to eat. They were turning away the Traditional Dinners that were trying to get in the Anytime. Now if you were coming in and it was not busy, they might let you in. This is the only fair way since so many were taking Traditional spots and then not using them and going to Anytime.

Sooner the better since then are many who want Traditional Dining.

Nancy:D

OP has left already so nothing I or anyone else says will make much difference, but to any of you who want to know, you can switch from traditional to anytime, whenever you want, the other way is not that easy and yes, if you miss your traditional one night you certainly can choose "personal choice" for that night.

Nita

Actually, that's not right. It's supposed to be one or the other. It isn't fair to the anytime diners if those in traditional to eat in the anytime rooms at their whim. It causes long lines for those who are actually assigned to anytime who should be able to get a table in their dining room without having to compete for space with traditional diners. In fact, on many cruises lately, they are checking Sea Passes and not allowing traditional diners into the anytime rooms, and rightly so.

I almost always am waitlisted for late seating or put into anytime dining, which I personally do not prefer. It's nothing a visit to the maitre'd and forty bucks cannot fix. The added bonus is he'll remember you and pay more attention to your table (as if that were necessary). I would head to the maitre'd first thing, however, to be sure. There's nothing else to do when you first board anyhow.

If you're switching to anytime dining, I really don't see how that could be a problem; it's usually the other way around.

Since we are leaving this Sat.

You can not change it now,

it's to late for your TA to make the change.

If you wanted to change it you had to do that 3 weeks prior to your sail date.

So, the day your board, go to the Maitre d and have him change it. He will be more than happy to help you.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived