SD on the Travel Channel

DisneyJen

SeaDream will be featured on the Travel Channel's "Cruises We Love" on June 20 at 10:30 p.m. Eastern and Mountain time and 9:30 p.m. Central and Pacific.

This 30-minute program will be dedicated to SeaDream in Croatia.

I wish I could set the TIVO now:D

Jen, thank you so much for sharing this information. Literally 10 minutes before I read your post I was in the process of booking our fourth SeaDream cruise to guess where? Croatia! I am so excited to see this program.

Do you know if it is new stuff or more Travel Channel re hash of old footage?

J.

This is a new series so I am presuming that it is new footage. Tomorrow night the series premieres and features Regent's Navigator.

Jen, thank you so much for sharing this information. Literally 10 minutes before I read your post I was in the process of booking our fourth SeaDream cruise to guess where? Croatia! I am so excited to see this program.

Glad to be of help!

I have heard wonderful things about Croatia. I am hoping that this show will pique DJ's DH's interest in the Med:p

I set my tivo! Will get me excited for our July 4th cruise to the Med!!!

Sounds like a plan volntitan:cool:

Jen, our interest in Croatia was piqued by a very well traveled (SeaDream & other trips) passenger whom we met on our last SeaDream cruise. She raved about the Venice to Dubrovnik cruise - said it was one of the best she had ever taken. I had previously been hesitant regarding SeaDream in the Med for a couple of reasons. First, when on SeaDream we love to enjoy the ship. But when in Europe we want to see as much as we can. So there's a conflict there, but we decided to take a chance and see how we like it. Secondly, we have always used private guides rather than ship's tours. But SeaDream's itineraries, at least in the Caribbean, are more suggested itineraries than actual. I don't know if this is true in the Med. Things tend to change a bit with them, more so than with other cruise lines. And that is certainly no problem for us, unless we have made arrangements with guides. So for this trip, we are going to take the ship tours, which I suspect on SeaDream may be superior to the tours on some of the other cruiselines. This is an anniversary trip for us, and we're very excited about it, even though it is a year away.

Jen, our interest in Croatia was piqued by a very well traveled (SeaDream & other trips) passenger whom we met on our last SeaDream cruise. She raved about the Venice to Dubrovnik cruise - said it was one of the best she had ever taken. I had previously been hesitant regarding SeaDream in the Med for a couple of reasons. First, when on SeaDream we love to enjoy the ship. But when in Europe we want to see as much as we can. So there's a conflict there, but we decided to take a chance and see how we like it. Secondly, we have always used private guides rather than ship's tours. But SeaDream's itineraries, at least in the Caribbean, are more suggested itineraries than actual. I don't know if this is true in the Med. Things tend to change a bit with them, more so than with other cruise lines. And that is certainly no problem for us, unless we have made arrangements with guides. So for this trip, we are going to take the ship tours, which I suspect on SeaDream may be superior to the tours on some of the other cruiselines. This is an anniversary trip for us, and we're very excited about it, even though it is a year away.

Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate (we did so in March on SD2:D).

I will be interested in your review of the Med on SD!

The DVR is set!! Finally a Cruise show that doesn't always document NCL or Carnival! :D

Host Dan

I laughed so hard when I read your comment Dan. Isn't it the truth?:D

The DVR is set!! Finally a Cruise show that doesn't always document NCL or Carnival! :D

Host Dan

How true, Dan! Also, dont forget "Queen Mary 2, Birth of a Legend". It has been on at least two million times. We were on QM2 Maiden Voyage and even we are sick of it. Hope they do more new cruise segments for all us junkies.

J & L.

Does anyone know if this will be shown in the UK? It would be great to see it. Maybe someone could put a few clips from the show on a website with a link on here so that anyone outside of the US to see it too?

Does anyone know if this will be shown in the UK? It would be great to see it. Maybe someone could put a few clips from the show on a website with a link on here so that anyone outside of the US to see it too?

I haven't seen anything on air dates in the UK.

Perhaps SD will out it or a link on their website:confused: If I learn of anything I will let you know!

I thought the show on the Regent Navigator was well done. I am sure SD will look great but you know it will mean more bookings so you better get what you want early. It is amazing how many people who cruise have never heard of SD.

Jim.

I thought the show on the Regent Navigator was well done. I am sure SD will look great but you know it will mean more bookings so you better get what you want early. It is amazing how many people who cruise have never heard of SD.

Jim.

I also thought the show on the Navigator was well done. Up next on "Cruises We Love" is the Clipper Odyssey.

The show on SD should be very good if the show on the Navigator is an indicator of the quality of the production. I did check on the Travel Channel and this is a new 12-part series.

You have to wonder how many people actually book a cruise on a line like SD after seeing a TV show about it or reading an article in a travel magazine.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed seeing this post originally. Glad that I happened to notice the blurb on the SD website last night!

I understand that this show was filmed last August on SD2 so is relatively current. We've been to Croatia a couple of times with SD and all I can say is Wow! Do it, if possible. Then, if you're like us, you'll want to do it again!

No chance of missing it here. When you first posted it was beyond the 14 days in advance which I can TIVO, so I TIVO'd the entire series.

I DVR'ed the series as well. I really enjoyed the first two episodes. Can't wait to see the SD episode.

I missed seeing this post originally. Glad that I happened to notice the blurb on the SD website last night!

I understand that this show was filmed last August on SD2 so is relatively current. We've been to Croatia a couple of times with SD and all I can say is Wow! Do it, if possible. Then, if you're like us, you'll want to do it again!

What do you mean you missed this post? Don't you read everything I write/post:p

I DVR'ed the series as well. I really enjoyed the first two episodes. Can't wait to see the SD episode.

What do you mean you missed this post? Don't you read everything I write/post:p

Did we see the same show DJ?? I thought the first 2 episodes were DREADFUL!!! I'm hoping with fingers and toes crossed, that the SD episode will be different!

Host Dan

Here's the thing. I used to do a show called "RV Today". Not that is wasn't an OK show, it was basically the ONLY RV show on at the time. So RV fans loved it because really only choice. There aren't many Cruise shows out there. I agree, it isn't that great, but it is out there.

Did we see the same show DJ?? I thought the first 2 episodes were DREADFUL!!! I'm hoping with fingers and toes crossed, that the SD episode will be different!

Host Dan

LOL ... I think I am just so excited to have NEW shows on cruising:p

The real test will be the SD episode for sure.

Here's the thing. I used to do a show called "RV Today". Not that is wasn't an OK show, it was basically the ONLY RV show on at the time. So RV fans loved it because really only choice. There aren't many Cruise shows out there. I agree, it isn't that great, but it is out there.

Exactly!!

Thanks for the link. I just checked out the preview and I hope we get to see more ship that ports:D

I'm with you. The name of the program is cruises we love, not ports we love, :)

I liked parts of it and was disappointed with others. I guess what all us SD loonies want is "Ships we Love". I know it is their program, but I would have rather had Richard, the AD on board in the opening clip, interviewed along with the Captain than hearing from all the travel writers. Also, they did not really touch on what makes SD so special. In one scene, a crew member was seen giving sunglasses back to a passenger but no mention that the crew member had cleaned the sunglasses. Also, IMHO, the show gave the impression that the cabins were much larger than they are by showing the Owner's Stateroom (even though we all love our cabins, right?). All in all, fun to see but not really that much about SD. Did really make me ready to go though (like we need reasons?).

Jim.

Archived