Cabin UpGrade Question

Just a quick question.. Our cabin was upgraded on our cruise that is coming up this Sunday. We realized that our luggage tags still reflect our old cabin #. When and how do we get the new tags with our new cabin # on them? Thanks for your help. :)

You can just pick up generic luggage tags from a porter on the pier. You'll need to fill in your cabin number, so I'd bring a sharpie... ink pens don't work well on the paper they use...

Congratulations on the upgrade.

See you Sunday! :D

Just a quick question.. Our cabin was upgraded on our cruise that is coming up this Sunday. We realized that our luggage tags still reflect our old cabin #. When and how do we get the new tags with our new cabin # on them? Thanks for your help. :)

Hey.... enjoy that upgrade:D Just let the Porters take care of your tags... .show them your set sail and that's it.... have fun.... can't wait for your de-brief :)

In the past, we have covered up the existing stateroom numbers with a blank label, and then written in our new numbers. That way, we don't have to worry about it when we get to the pier.

Did you upgrade the stateroom yourself, or was it a surprise from RCCL?

In the past, we have covered up the existing stateroom numbers with a blank label, and then written in our new numbers. That way, we don't have to worry about it when we get to the pier.

I just got an unexpected upgrade myself on Monday's sailing of the Monarch of the Seas. When I went to print out SetSail pass out I just happened to notice the deck/stateroom number change. What a pleasant surprise!!

This is our first upgrade so I'm not sure how they normally alert you to it?

I just tossed out the previous baggage tags and figure I'll get generic ones at the pier.

Hey.... enjoy that upgrade:D Just let the Porters take care of your tags... .show them your set sail and that's it.... have fun.... can't wait for your de-brief :)

Hi Doris! Thanks! :) Yes...I'll give you a "de-brief" when we return. :)

You can just pick up generic luggage tags from a porter on the pier. You'll need to fill in your cabin number, so I'd bring a sharpie... ink pens don't work well on the paper they use...

Congratulations on the upgrade.

See you Sunday! :D

Hi Ellen! :) Looking forward to seeing you Sunday. :) Thanks:D

We were surprised by the "Upgrade Fairy" :) We are very pleased! :) Thanks! :)

We were surprised by the "Upgrade Fairy" :) We are very pleased! :) Thanks! :)

Just out of curiousity, if you don't mind- What type of upgrade did you get? Do you know how full the ship is/ I am still hoping to encounter the upgrade fairy one day:D

Just out of curiousity, if you don't mind- What type of upgrade did you get? Do you know how full the ship is/ I am still hoping to encounter the upgrade fairy one day:D

HI 2skidids...We were originally in a E1 class. We got upgraded to a Jr. Suite. :)

I don't know how full the ship is. They've been running some great prices though for new reservations. Good luck!

P.S. This is our first time for a upgrade by the Upgrade Fairy. :)

HI 2skidids...We were originally in a E1 class. We got upgraded to a Jr. Suite. :)

I don't know how full the ship is. They've been running some great prices though for new reservations. Good luck!

P.S. This is our first time for a upgrade by the Upgrade Fairy. :)

Just out of curiosity, will this be your first RCCL cruise?

Has anyone ever encountered the upgrade fairy on their first cruise with RCCL? We are sailing at the end of June and have a Jr Suite. It would be an awesome anniversary present if the fairy thought to upgrade us.:D

In the recent past, it looked like RCCL was upgrading first timers (perhaps to lure them to book again, or in a higher category). There were some complaints from loyal RCCl cruisers as to why they were never upgraded.

To answer your question, no...I do not think you have a chance, because you started at the top with a Junior Suite. ;)

The best chance would be to book a lower category Guarantee. That way, your assignment would be made at a later time and you might get a slight upgrade, from one deck to the next, or from one category to the next. For instance, an Inside, to an Outside.

We are Diamond members, and have always booked a balcony or above (except for one time when we booked last minute in an Inside Guarantee. We were upgraded to an Outside). For our next 30th anniversary cruise, we have booked a JS. I would love to be upgraded to a GS or higher, but not counting on it. ;)

Archived