Alcohol

skiman1

Just wondering if bottles of alcohol (whiskey or rum) can be purchased on board for use in your cabin? I know Princess and HAL did have this option through room service about two years ago. My wife and I enjoy a few drinks in our room while getting ready for dinner. We don't want to try to smuggle alcohol on board and don't mind paying a little more for this option. Dave

You can pre-order liquor through the Celebrity website.

If you go to your reservation at their website, then look down at the bottom of the page where it says "Shop Celebrity" and click on "Order Celebrity Gifts".

Then go to "Gifts by Celebrity"

Then "Shop Aboard"

Then "Spirits, Cellars & More"

Here is a link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/category/viewCollection.do;jsessionid=0000-fwJIEmzFEa7d6cp6s33eB1:12hdbcveb?cat=SPIRIT&coll=LIQUORPKG

It is more expensive, but if you'e willing to pay a bit more then it is worthwhile!

And you can buy pretty much any alcohol, except for Brandy. It's the only thing we drink and they would not sell us a bottle for comsumption in the stateroom under any circumstances. We could buy whisky, gin, rum, vodka, bourbon - but not brandy. And they would not allow us to bring a bottle onboard in ports - even though they could not supply us with what we wanted!!:(

Princess and Hal will sell bottles of Brandy for comsumption in your stateroom but not Celebrity - I wonder why?

• 2 weeks later...

So do we have to pre-order wine via the "shop onboard" website or can we buy wine at this price while on the ship? Is there a wine shop on board or do you have to have a steward deliver the wine? What is the best price?

Thanks in advance :)

YOu are allowed to bring 2 bottles per cabin on board at embarkation. After that you can order in the dining room.

I understand that new "packages" are being unveiled by the end of this year as to ordering of liquor, wine, soda, etc. We're sailing on Mercury next March and always order a liquor package. It's nice, as many have said, not to have to lug liquor, especially if you fly and board the same day. However, this time around we're going to wait and see about these new packages before doing anything definite.

Can anyone tell me if you can order a bottle of wine as part of room service. I see on the CC breakfast menu there is a champagne option so presume that we could order a bottle of wine in the evening if we wanted to? I like a little wine pre-dinner while getting ready :o

Archived