Yum Yum

Shogun

Does Princess serve this on ALL cruises? I swear we've only been offered Baked Alaska on the Alaska cruise! :eek:

We're always have Anytime Dining and we in the Dining Room on Formal nights (as opposed to eating at the Buffet or in the Specialty Restaurants). Also, we start dinner early--usually between 5:30 and 6:00 PM to assure we get seats at the early show. Perhaps this is why we've only been offered it on the Alaska cruise? :confused:

Does Princess serve this on ALL cruises? I swear we've only been offered Baked Alaska on the Alaska cruise! :eek:

We're always have Anytime Dining and we in the Dining Room on Formal nights (as opposed to eating at the Buffet or in the Specialty Restaurants). Also, we start dinner early--usually between 5:30 and 6:00 PM to assure we get seats at the early show. Perhaps this is why we've only been offered it on the Alaska cruise? :confused:

on the anytime dining menu it is called Bombe Diplomate...same thing, just no parade.

I totally agree with you. Of all the desserts served, this is also my least favorite. :(

Mine too (least favorite) but I have to say with the temps in the 90's today - it actually looks pretty darn good IMO.

Hi Folks,

There is a story of out standing service behind this photo, from Jan this year,

While on board the Sea Princess, the one every one is complaining about,

it was my DW birthday so I had a message played on MUTS before they showed the movie I picked,

but we missed baked Alaska due to the time the message was shown,

so while watching my movie two waiters appeared on deck and strarted walking to my DW with a baked Alaska one was our table waiter not wanting us to miss out he had brought it to us.

This is out standing service.

yours Shogun

It's certainly not MY least favorite. We eagerly await it on the last night of every cruise, every line. The last night of a cruise on the Coral, none of our tablemates showed up, so my hungry family of 4 (including two teens) had a WONDERFUL time with our own personal low-cal delight (no, we couldn't finish it, but we tried hard). We barely rolled off the ship the next morning.

Les

We have found differences amongst the Baked Alaska from different ships. The only one we did not like was on Regal.

On our first cruise on Regent Sun our waiter couldn't get the candle to stay lit & was walking thru the dining room flicking his Bic instead.

Steve

Shogun,

You are not being fair. He is me trying hard:rolleyes:, well maybe just trying a bit, to lose lots of weight before October and you post lovely photos like these.

I like the baked alaska and the parade of the flaming bombs. I also like Sea Princess.:D

Archived