3 in 1 jackets for plus size?? Help

pagalandguy

Look at Lands End - they have a 3-1 Squall Jacket under Men's.

I think your best bet is to look in Men's Jackets - you will have better luck. Also, with Land's End - you can return anything to Sears and they will refund your credit card. So if you are unsure of sizes, order more then one.

I've bought the men's jackets for years. Not only are the more ample in size, but the often have more pockets and other features.

I like them too because they are not "form fitting" - at least for my body, they fit better.

If you can wait until you get to Alaska , they have very nice jackets selling for $19.99 plus tax . They were in all our ports and they were a hit as many people were buying them. Our friend bought one for her husband to wear , a large size and it fit him and looked great. By the way it was not that cold and we just returned on May 24 from Alaska. We layered and that worked just fine.:)

Definitely check out the men's sizes. The Lands End site has a good interactive sizing feature and also detailed size charts. Our jackets just arrived(dh got a large and i got a ladies small) and they are true to size)

If you can wait until you get to Alaska , they have very nice jackets selling for $19.99 plus tax . They were in all our ports and they were a hit as many people were buying them. Our friend bought one for her husband to wear , a large size and it fit him and looked great. By the way it was not that cold and we just returned on May 24 from Alaska. We layered and that worked just fine.:)

Thanks for the helpful post! Can you remember the name of the shop(s) that featured these? (Since you saw them in several ports, I thought it might be the same company.)

I bought a geat coat at WomanWithin online- sizes from 14 to 50. Good quality and good prices- I bought a car coat length water proof jacket with hood and a zip-out liner- perfect for Alaska- we went all the way to the Arctic Ocean and it was just right- Glacier Bay is also a cold, cold day. I've purchased lots of stuff from Woman Within and had problems with them- accurate descriptions and reviews from people who have already bought the items.

My husband and I each bought one of these. He got the men's XXL (as big as it gets) and I got the women's 3X. I can get his jacket on but while it is bigger through the chest, it is too snug through the hips where I have the highest need (60"). The women's jacket, however, is great. I think it is going to be perfect for Alaska in late August and early September. The two pieces together have been good for our coldest temps here in Fredericksburg and separately they have been handy since then.

We got them back in February when they were on sale for $100. Also, got the Windfall waterproof shoes when they were on sale at Sears for $12.50. I did find that the men's shoe fit me better than the women's because the men's shoe comes in a wider width.

Sears had men's jackets in the store but I could not find anything but misses sizes in the women's jackets.

Best of luck. I know how hard it is to find things in plus sizes.

and ask about women's plus size 3-in-one jackets. That is how I found mine. I was ordering one for my husband, they asked if I needed anything else and I told them I did not find a plus size for me and the rep on the phone found me one, in my size, in my favorite color (hot pink - inside jacket that color). I was so excited! 1-800-963-4816 The rep told me they do not list items on the web that only have 1 or 2 left in a size. Good luck!!!:)

I have looked and looked and I can only find 3 in 1 jackets in XL. Unfortunately I am a larger woman than that and I think XL would be too snug. Any other plus size women out there who have found better luck?

Go to Lands End and look at their plus sizes. I bought a 2xl it was a 20-22 v. roomy - allows jacket underneath to be comfortable and allow layering. Unfortunately I did not get a good colour choice; black with grey only available, but happy with this as I will wear colourful scarf etc. I ordered mine from the USA to Australia as the prices are so much better for 3 in ones.

Hope this helps.:p

You know - I live in the state where Cabelas is headquartered and I forgot to mention them. I forget that they are well known through out the country.

As far as buying jackets in Alaska - there are TONS of places in each of the major ports. There is a big tshirt place across from Mount Robert's Tram in Juneau that sells tons of tshirts, jackets, sweatshirts, etc... (directly below where Capt Larry/Orca Enterprises is). I think it is called Alaska Shirt Company or Juneau Shirt Company.

Skagway and Ketchikan also has many places that also sells tshirts, jackets and sweatshirts. It is one of those things that you can't get away from on the main streets in the Alaskan ports.

They also sell a lot of rain gear also. Don't worry - if you need it, you will be able to find it in the large ports.

I got my 3 in 1 jacket from the REI website. Most of their 3 in 1 jackets are on sale (under the REI outlet tab) since they are out of season. I just went with a mens jacket since they make them in larger sizes.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice. I did contact LandsEnd and they were very helpful in directing me to the plus size page for the 3 in 1 and provided the item number. It wasn't located on the regular shopping page, but at the bottom of the screen under "business" tag. I may order one women's plus and one men's just to see which fits better. The shopping tips at the ports are very helpful to know. This is my first time using this forum and I'm so delighted everyone is so willing to share and help. Thank you all.

fann1sh ....... My friend bought the jacket in Ketchikan our first port a shop right on the dock. Believe me the jackets were also found in Juneau and Skagway at the same price of $19.99 plus tax. Last year I purchased a fleece jacket for $19.99. The same jacket are now $14.99 plus tax. I purchased 3 as gifts.The prices have not gone up from what we saw. My girlfriend bought t-shirts, hats and perfume in Junea at a discount store . In Kechikan near Creek Street I purchased 3 matted scenic prints ay $18.99 each . We also purchased some perfume at a shop for cruise passengers only, no tax. This shop has been there many years and I don't know how we have missed it. When we go next year I want to purchase Canadian wine. I should say that they have a great selection of perfumes and wine and liquors at competitive prices with the ships. When we boarded there was a large cage that contained purchases from this store. My friend wanted to purchase David Doff Adventure and they did not have it on the ship. It was a Eau DE Toilette 1.7 for $41,larger size was $54. I had seen a Walrus necklace at Scallon's Gallery last year for over $600 m they said the price had not gone up. At the shop wher I purchased my prints the same necklace was $ 400. hope that I have helped.:)

Archived