questions regarding Maldives and Seychelles

ariellejesse

I am trying to decide if a cruise stopping at various ports in the Seychelles and/or Maldives ( i.e., Costa or VOD) will give me enough of the flavor of these islands. Can one enjoy enough of the beach scene or shopping scene with a one day stop? Voyages of Discovery makes a number of Seychelle ports. Are these worth the visit? I am having a difficult time with the logistics involved in exiting the ship, private tours, etc. I am grateful for any help given. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the Maldives on a one day stop from Sun Princess. I took the ferry to the airport and was able to buy a round ticket to one of the Islands. Looking from the air certainly gave me the flavour. We had no trouble with US$ and Euro being accepted.

We hired a car in Seychelles ad drove easily around the island. Yes I would be happy to go back tere.

• 2 months later...

We were in the Maldives on Nautica last year for one day. We toured the Male in the morning and spent the afternoon out on one of the island which was more than enought time to get the flavour

Cheers

• 3 years later...
We were in the Maldives on Nautica last year for one day. We toured the Male in the morning and spent the afternoon out on one of the island which was more than enought time to get the flavour

Cheers

So did you hire someone in Male to take you out to a beach? Love any info you have, going in December on the Azamara Journey. Thanks

The Seychelles are the most beautiful place I have ever been. Spent a week there a few years back. They are also one of the most expensive.

Sightseeing is much better than shopping there. There are a few shops

downtown Mahe, and a nice art gallery on Praslin.

Sherry

Archived