NCL Star concierge for Oct09

RCDR

Anyone know who the concierge will be for Mexico cruise from LA in Oct 09?

Also, is Cagney bfast and lunch for suite guest also on this ship? We were on the Jewel and really enjoyed Cagney, but it looks like the layout of Cagney on the Star is different? Cagney on the Jewel was seperated into two sides, one for dinner and one for bfast and lunch....

Thanks in advance.

Also, is Cagney bfast and lunch for suite guest also on this ship? We were on the Jewel and really enjoyed Cagney, but it looks like the layout of Cagney on the Star is different? Cagney on the Jewel was seperated into two sides, one for dinner and one for bfast and lunch....

Thanks in advance.

Cagney on the Star is were breakfast and lunch is served for suite passengers.

To early for concierge name.

Big green

Thanks in advance.

Unless something happens to change things, your Concierge will be Simone. She is taking her holiday begging of Dec to get married to the head chef of the Star, Andre. He is a very nice guy and Simone is a DOLL. We just fell in love with her and she is an AMAZING Concierge. She is the standard by which we judge all other Concierge.

We are sailing on the Star for the third time May of next year and we are keeping our fingers crossed she will be back onboard by then. I know I have read that she and Andre want to return to the Star after they are married, but of course that is always up to NCL.

As far as Cagneys, it is divided into two areas, however for breakfast, lunch and dinner we have always been seated in the same "main" area of Cagneys. I honestly do not know if I have ever seen anyone being seated in the "alternate" area, although I would not be surprised if there have been people seated there. We have probably eaten close to 1/2 of our dinners aboard the Star in Cagneys and so far always in the main dining area. Same for breakfast and lunch.

You will love the Star, by the way. She is our favorite NCL ship so far.

When we ate in Cagneys, we also sat mostly in the main dining area. One morning for breakfast, however, we were sat in a smaller room that was off to the side of the Star Bar and they also had a buffet of fruits, pastries, salmon, juice, etc. set up just outside this room.

Most likely you will have Simone for your concierge, since she is on vacay now and will be back on June 13th, and as Terry said, she and Andre will be getting married in Dec.

Unless something happens to change things, your Concierge will be Simone. She is taking her holiday begging of Dec to get married to the head chef of the Star, Andre. He is a very nice guy and Simone is a DOLL. We just fell in love with her and she is an AMAZING Concierge. She is the standard by which we judge all other Concierge.

We are sailing on the Star for the third time May of next year and we are keeping our fingers crossed she will be back onboard by then. I know I have read that she and Andre want to return to the Star after they are married, but of course that is always up to NCL.

Terry,

We agree whole heartedly that Simone is the BEST. We were in the GV in February and Simone said that she and Andreas were returning to the Star on January 16, 2010 after their wedding. We were already booked on the Star for the January 2nd PC. When we found out the Simone would not be back until the 16th, the 1st thing I did when we returned home was change our trip to the 16th. :D We couldn't imagine sailing on the Star without Simone. :eek:;)

Terry,

We agree whole heartedly that Simone is the BEST. We were in the GV in February and Simone said that she and Andreas were returning to the Star on January 16, 2010 after their wedding. We were already booked on the Star for the January 2nd PC. When we found out the Simone would not be back until the 16th, the 1st thing I did when we returned home was change our trip to the 16th. :D We couldn't imagine sailing on the Star without Simone. :eek:;)

I don't know to be happy about this or not.. LOL..(although I am happy for you). I can't remember if their contracts are 4 months or 6 months. If they are four months I am going to be sad because we are sailing on the Star May 22nd and that means they will probably not be onboard. If their contracts are six months long, then she will still be onboard. Honestly, some may read this and think it is silly, but I would honestly be heart broken to go onboard and not have Simone there. For us, it is like visiting family. In fact, I have asked some NCL insiders how to get an email address for Simone so we might could send her a little wedding gift, but haven't been successful yet. Next time I see her.. you can bet I will get her email address.. LOL

thank you all for your comments. We just asked because we wanted to see if we have Alex again on this trip, he was ok but his assistant was excellent! It does sound like Simone, if we do luck out, will be much better!

We did had a horrible butler on our last trip, which we finally stopped using, hoping for better this time!

thank you all for your comments. We just asked because we wanted to see if we have Alex again on this trip, he was ok but his assistant was excellent! It does sound like Simone, if we do luck out, will be much better!

We did had a horrible butler on our last trip, which we finally stopped using, hoping for better this time!

Our butler was not great on the Star last year...this year we will have a different one...hopefully better.

I know what you are saying about Simone...DH wanted to change our sailing to the next week because Simone wasnt going to be back yet for our sailing....but it cost several hundred dollars more and it wouldn't be during the week of our anniversary on the 8th of June, we already made our plane reservations, yada yada....so we kept the June 6th sailing. :(

The good news is that we heard that concierge, Belkys is really wonderful! No one will compare with Simone, but I am trying to keep an open mind. ;)

The only bad Butler experience we have had was also on the Star..Leo was his name... Won't go into all the details again (Im sure people are tired of me posting about it..LOL).. but lets just say it was horrible. All other Butlers, including Roy on the Star have been excellent.

I don't know to be happy about this or not.. LOL..(although I am happy for you). I can't remember if their contracts are 4 months or 6 months. If they are four months I am going to be sad because we are sailing on the Star May 22nd and that means they will probably not be onboard. If their contracts are six months long, then she will still be onboard. Honestly, some may read this and think it is silly, but I would honestly be heart broken to go onboard and not have Simone there. For us, it is like visiting family. In fact, I have asked some NCL insiders how to get an email address for Simone so we might could send her a little wedding gift, but haven't been successful yet. Next time I see her.. you can bet I will get her email address.. LOL

You're right...She is family. Why don't you email her on the ship after june 13th and ask her for her email address. Or let me know and i'll email her and ask. We'll be seeing her on aug 15th anyway and hope to go to wedding in south africa in december. We actually had been booked on princess for a different itinerary for those two weeks and they messed up the reservation when i changed a passenger name and lost one of the three cabins (no GV, so we need three). Anyway, i looked at my DH (No Pirates Please) and said, let's go visit Simone instead. We did a back to back with her once and will do so again.

I don't really want to post my email here and i'm not sure how to do a private message. If you know how, tell me and send me your email and i'll send it along to her.

The only bad Butler experience we have had was also on the Star..Leo was his name... Won't go into all the details again (Im sure people are tired of me posting about it..LOL).. but lets just say it was horrible. All other Butlers, including Roy on the Star have been excellent.

So funny you mentioned Roy...we had him last year on the Star. While I wouldn't say he was horrible...I also can't say he was wonderful. Yes, he did bring our snacks each evening...but we only saw him once when we happended to be in the cabin when he delivered some canapes. I guess it is our fault...since we never had a butler previous to that and never really knew what to call him for.

Of course as fellow "fans of Simone club", you know that she made herself available and went out of her way to check on you, I just thought the butler would be more like that.

• 3 months later...

Archived