Port Canaveral Question

For anyone familiar with Port Canaveral, is there a curb side place to drop off our luggage and family before I park? Or, do you have to drag it across the parking lot?

Looking at the web cam and google satellite photos there doesn't seem to be enough parking for 3000+ people plus other ships that come and go during the week. How far away did you end up parking?

Also, I've read about a $20 all you can stuff into it laundry bag service. Is this available on Freedom and do they provide the bag or do you use your own?

Thanks!

We have left out of Port Canaveral 3 times and it is great. There will be someone to direct you where to pull up to unload your luggage first. Then you can drive into the parking deck. We left one person to get in line while the other parked. It is quick and easy. People were very friendly there.

Yes, there is a place to drop family and luggage at the terminal before you park ($15 per day by the way)... the parking area isn't that far away (I've never been able to zoom in close enough to actually see it)... the garage is many levels plus the not covered level parking...

I've used the $20 per bag laundry service on a couple of different RC ships so I imagine it's available on Freedom... they supply the bag... it's not super big but you can cram a fair amount of stuff in there....

PC is one of the best ports to cruise out of. Easy to get to and easy to navigate. There is plenty of parking at the port. I don't know which pier you'll be leaving from, but it appears to be the one Glory uses (10) and it has a large parking garage as well as lots, plus there are multiple lots at the port. We've parked there twice and there are always empty spots, not all in the garage, but in the lot also.

Also, remember probably less than 1/2 of cruisers will be driving to the port. A lot come by bus from the airport or from a nearby hotel that has parking.

One nice thing about Port Canaveral is that you prepay for parking. They will know which ship you are sailing on then charge you 7 days x $15 for the FOTS. When you finish the cruise, you just leave. Port Everglades, on the other hand, can backup with individuals paying at the booth.

I agree that this is very easy to do at Port Canaveral. We usually take a shuttle, but my parents drive. They pull up to the curb and get out with their luggage and my DH goes and parks their car for them so that they don't have to walk back from the parking garage. When you leave, it's also a good idea to leave the family with the luggage on the sidewalk and go get the car. Although it isn't far to the garage, it's all up hill in the garage lugging the suitcases back to the car.

Archived