Fresh off the Miracle 5/24-6/1

We are literally just off the boat 30 minutes ago. What a fantasic cruise!!! Came back with a few interesting tidbits for you all and some stories, most of which Nicole (nicole721) will write about in quite possibly the longest review of the Miracle in history.

First of all, I don't know if any of you have heard this already, but we were told straight from the horses mouth (our head waiter) that they are getting rid of the supper clubs on all the ships bc they're not profiting from them. We heard that they are going to introduce a steakhouse in it's place. My impression is that it will be more like the steakhouse on princess.

We also found out that because of the economy they fired 2 female dancers from each ship to cut costs. This came straight from one of the veteran dancers (joe) who was quite upset about it.

Besides that, the cruise was wonderful despite some bad weather and the staff was beyond amazing! A lot of them remembered us from our cruise in January and they went out of their way to treat us special. If anyone has any questions at all, both Nicole and I are trapped in a car for the next 13 hours until we are home and have plenty of time to answer :)

We are literally just off the boat 30 minutes ago. What a fantasic cruise!!! Came back with a few interesting tidbits for you all and some stories, most of which Nicole (nicole721) will write about in quite possibly the longest review of the Miracle in history.

First of all, I don't know if any of you have heard this already, but we were told straight from the horses mouth (our head waiter) that they are getting rid of the supper clubs on all the ships bc they're not profiting from them. We heard that they are going to introduce a steakhouse in it's place. My impression is that it will be more like the steakhouse on princess.

We also found out that because of the economy they fired 2 female dancers from each ship to cut costs. This came straight from one of the veteran dancers (joe) who was quite upset about it.

Besides that, the cruise was wonderful despite some bad weather and the staff was beyond amazing! A lot of them remembered us from our cruise in January and they went out of their way to treat us special. If anyone has any questions at all, both Nicole and I are trapped in a car for the next 13 hours until we are home and have plenty of time to answer :)

Cant wait to read!! It's sad for me to believe that two cruises have come and gone since ours on May 8TH !! LMAO~

Frazzle: Welcome back. We were leaving as you were boarding. Loved the cruise.

I'm not surprised about the supper club; it always had lots of empty tables and we ate there twice! The location was very nice though.

I loved HMC and think it's one of the best Caribbean stops!!

Satellite

Steve

Are they still pulling the satellite feed from Denver? YES but i was glad I could watch NCIS!!!

Have they finally switched the VCR's to DVD players? NOPE

yes

Big sexy was not the CD it was Brent Mitchell (again)

Are they still pulling the satellite feed from Denver?

Have they finally switched the VCR's to DVD players?

Thanks,

Steve

Yes the feed is still from Colorado. I wouldn't know about the VCR's bc we were not in a suite.

Keep the questions coming, I have all day (literally!) LOL

Frazzle: Welcome back. We were leaving as you were boarding. Loved the cruise.

I'm not surprised about the supper club; it always had lots of empty tables and we ate there twice! The location was very nice though.

I loved HMC and think it's one of the best Caribbean stops!!

HMC was truly paradise!!! The water was gorgeous and the sand was the finest i have ever seen. Plus it was the only port that didn't rain

So glad that you enjoyed your cruise! And very happy that you are around to ask questions...:) I have a few, I'll be boarding next week:

Which night was the past guest reception?

Which days were the formals..I know that the 1st one is on the 2nd night, when was the 2nd one?

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!!!:D

Hey Fraz, finally!! I've been waiting for your return. So glad to hear you had a great cruise. Tell Nicole I'll be waiting to hear all about it. Please drive carefully back to Chitown. Sharon

We leave on the Miracle on June 9th!!! Can't wait!! Did you do the anytime dining? If so, how was it? We are scheduled for the anytime dining and I am really looking forward to it. What did you do in Nassau? When was the past guest party? Which nights were formal night?

Welcome back and thanks for your answers in advance.

Hi, just got home from the same cruise and did you see the fantastic "Music Unlimited" at Frankie and Johnies? I'm still a big fan of Music Boardwalk but Music Unlimited was just as awesome. Heard them every night. Shows were all great as well. Mary49

OK - where did Big Sexy go? He was telling us on our cruise (May 8th) that he would be leaving in a few months and that Brent was coming back, but I guess he left a little sooner. Any idea what ship he went on?

Glad you had a great cruise!

steveu44 - yes they do have the Miller Lite in plastic bottles!

Hey all! Nicole here! I'd sign in myself, but my phone is in the charger. We were so sad to leave this morning (we're somewhere in PA right now), but I'm so excited to begin writing our review when we get home tonight :-) Lots of juicy stuff to share (my fav being the POOL SECURITY!!! at the adults only pool). Anyways, Steph's eating lunch and I'm bored, so I'll help her out with this :-)

Don't know if you're a beer drinker, but did you happen to notice if they still sell Miller Lite in 16oz plastic bottles ? I want to pack properly, you know.

Steve

No idea...sorry! I'd assume so since they still sell Bud in the aluminum bottles.

So glad that you enjoyed your cruise! And very happy that you are around to ask questions...:) I have a few, I'll be boarding next week:

Which night was the past guest reception?

Which days were the formals..I know that the 1st one is on the 2nd night, when was the 2nd one?

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!!!:D

Past guest was Grand Turk afternoon (4:45) and the formal nights were the first and third sea days. If I can find the time, I'll try to scan the capers when I get home, but I have all of them at hand so I can definitely answer any questions on those :-)

Hey Fraz, finally!! I've been waiting for your return. So glad to hear you had a great cruise. Tell Nicole I'll be waiting to hear all about it. Please drive carefully back to Chitown. Sharon

Thanks, Sharon! I took over 1000 pictures and it'll definitely be a LONGGGGG review!

Hi, just got home from the same cruise and did you see the fantastic "Music Unlimited" at Frankie and Johnies? I'm still a big fan of Music Boardwalk but Music Unlimited was just as awesome. Heard them every night. Shows were all great as well. Mary49

Music unlimited was AMAZING! Only got to see them a couple of times. Were you there when they did Freebird??? That guitar solo was SICK!

Just a suggestion, protect your sources of information.

Are the lines long for anytime dining?

Since you had lots of rain what activities were there during the day??

Do most of the shows start late at night???

Thanks![

We didn't see lines that long... Around 6:30 it got kind of busy and we would see a bunch of people carrying beepers around the ship.

A lot of the rain was in port. In grand Turk it was just a light sprinkle for 20 minutes. Nassau was super hot when we took our excursion to the Atlantis and on our way back at 1ish it was a downpour for the rest of the night. I was bummed bc we were going to go to senior frogs but we were already soaked. The ship had plenty to do regardless of the weather... We liked going to trivia shows during the day (Nicole finally got a ship on a stick, with my help of course ;) )

Usually the shows have two showings, one for early seating dinner (8:45) and one for late seating (10:30).

Archived