Are you a Super-Taster/Medium-Taster/Non-Taster?

There's a lot of discussion here about food on RCL vs other lines. But food opinions without context are meaningless.

There are basically 3 types of people when it comes to food. So which are you? A super-taster, medium-taster, or non-taster? Let us know, and then tell us how you like the food on RCL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster#Identifying_a_supertaster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/body/articles/senses/supertaster.shtml

Looks like I am a supertaster. That explains quite a lot. My DH and kids all enjoy spicy and sour foods (lemons, grapefruit, jalapenos, hot wings), but I can only take a small amount of these, if any. Very interesting to have it explained.

Says I am a supertaster, but the definition is way off for me. I like just about everything, the spicier the better, and I will try absolutely anything. I would love to go on holiday with either Andrew Zimmern or Tony Bourdain and eat the really exotic native stuff.

That said most of the questions involved restaurants, and we really do not eat out when at home, as I like to cook all of our meals. So my answers probably were not very accurate.

I am also one of those people that think the food is always good, and has to really have something wrong with it for me not to like it.

I would be a really bad food critic

Says I am a supertaster, but the definition is way off for me. I like just about everything, the spicier the better, and I will try absolutely anything. I would love to go on holiday with either Andrew Zimmern or Tony Bourdain and eat the really exotic native stuff.

That said most of the questions involved restaurants, and we really do not eat out when at home, as I like to cook all of our meals. So my answers probably were not very accurate.

I am also one of those people that think the food is always good, and has to really have something wrong with it for me not to like it.

I would be a really bad food critic

I've actually been proven to be a super-taster. In a school science class, we had to taste litmus paper with that chemical on it, and as much as many people on this board are going to say they're super-tasters, they're probably not. In my class of 30+ students, only me and one other person could taste the chemical.

That said, I agree with Mation101's post in that I love food. People in a joking way call me a super-taster because I love the taste of everything. Instead of turning me off, I can't STOP eating. I've heard that about super-tasters too. They like tastes so much that they can't satiate the want for more of that flavor.

Thank God I've learned to keep my diet in check or I'd be quite heavy. Thank God, too for being a super-taster because, while I'd just about kill for anything creamed, fried or covered in bacon, I also love salad, fish and vegetables, lol.

Said I was a super-taster...

and from the description I could agree...

I am sensitive to bitter foods....though I do like spinach....but hate the other foods listed.

Interesting for sure!

That is interesting. The quiz said I am a supertaster, and there are an awful lot of things I don't eat, and don't like the taste of. "Picky" also comes to mind.

Regarding PROP-propylthiouracil I was also a non taster of that. Back in high school at least. I thought I remembered that name from our Graves disease board. It is an anti-thyroid drug for treating hyperthyroidism, and many people taking it complain on the message board about the awful bitter taste. I took a different drug. :D Thanks, interesting.

The quiz said I was a super-taster and a normal taster. I don't think I am super taster because I like most of things that were listed that a super taster would not like. Go figure.

I found the questions kind of difficult to answer because I could have answered a couple of ways on a couple of them.

It was a fun quiz though and interesting results.

Archived