Can you buy a can of soda?

sloth

Is is possible to buy a can of soda (Diet/Regular Coke) on the Grand Princess, and if so, can I use my soda sticker to get one?

Last cruise I had a soda sticker and only remember seeing fountain pop in the bar areas, but I never actually asked about getting a can.

Thanks!

Cindy

Is is possible to buy a can of soda (Diet/Regular Coke) on the Grand Princess, and if so, can I use my soda sticker to get one?

Last cruise I had a soda sticker and only remember seeing fountain pop in the bar areas, but I never actually asked about getting a can.

Thanks!

Cindy

Soda stickers are good for fountain sodas only onboard. Cans are not included. But you can purchase a can, as stated, from your stateroom supplied soda, or at a bar, but you will be charged for each can.

Thanks! Sometimes I just prefer a can of soda poured over ice, as once in awhile the fountain pop seems a little "flat". Is the cost of a can reasonable, as in a couple of bucks?

Cindy

Thanks!

Cindy

Yes, you can buy a can of soda. I believe they are $1.95 plus tip. The soda sticker only gets you fountain drinks, not cans.

Thanks! Sometimes I just prefer a can of soda poured over ice, as once in awhile the fountain pop seems a little "flat". Is the cost of a can reasonable, as in a couple of bucks?

Cindy

Buy it ashore and carry it on board.

Cindy

Me too! That's why I don't buy the soda card. If you buy a canned soda at one of the bars you can also get a shot of grenadine added for a very nice cherry coke/cherry sprite. :cool:

I drink a lot of soda, so I bought a soda card the first day of my first cruise (Golden Princess in Feb 09). I soon discovered the fountain sodas were not to my liking -- about half flat and with an aftertaste I can only describe as "perfumey." I've honestly never encountered this with any other fountain soda. I drank 4 of them before realizing it just wasn't for me. After that I would purposely ask wait staff for a can of soda. But whenever I showed my cruise card they would see the soda card sticker and try to explain to me it was for fountain sodas only and not cans. I would acknowledge this and say that I still wanted a can and was indeed willing to pay for a can. There was only 1 waiter who understood this and would actually bring me a can, the rest would always return with a fountain soda anyway. The only way I could consistently get canned soda was to approach the bartender myself and buy 4-6 cans at a time. Unfortunately it didn't dawn on me to just peel the darned soda card sticker off of my cruise card and end the confusion. Live and learn.

Soda Pop Cans we bring aboard with us. Here so many Supermarkets compete.

Dr. Pepper my Fav... just cost me 12 cents a can. NJ does not have a Deposit Return Tax New York Does!

Also I have learned wait till your offshore to Buy your Soda Sticker..otherwise your Taxed at NY Rates... another C Line gimmick I think...:eek: and to Boot they Tip themselves on the TAX too... *YIKES* I hate being a TAX Tipper...:mad:

Other Ports may have a similar TAX.. so ask first ..:cool:

The only way I could consistently get canned soda was to approach the bartender myself and buy 4-6 cans at a time.

You can also order from room service, and they have a 'package'

-- pay for five, and get six.

Archived