Mariner...4/25/04 Eastern Sailing...Review

rockyhue and Razl...

I appreciate your comments about the Radiance class ships and we may give them a try. However, I am not sure that the service issue is a Voyager class issue since the service on Explorer couldn't have been better.

Feline...

I am sorry that we didn't meet. I was looking forward to the torture device. And I am glad you were watching my behind go up the wall icon_wink.gif

Ocean B. Unfortunately your trip on Explorer was two years ago. Alot has changed at RCI. I know when we go on Mariner in June we will be comparing her to our trip on Explorer in 2001; but I think Explorer has probably changed since then. Fortunately, we do have our wonderful memories.

For those of you that had to wait on your luggage when you got off the ship early...what colored tag did you have? were you suppose to get off the ship as early as you did? I also wonder what time you put your luggage outside your stateroom door? What time was it picked up outside your door?

We are wanting to get off early as well. Can you take your own luggage off without being hassled by customs?

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

mafig...

We were on Explorer only one year ago though I agree that is plenty of time for things to change. I can only hope that they haven't. And yes, the memories are forever.

Family of 14...

We had early tags and yes we were supposed to get off as early as we did. We had the bags out in the hall by 9PM and they were not picked up until after we went to bed which was past midnight.

Do not confuse immigrations with customs. First you go through immigration and they could care less if you have your bags or not. Your luggage is not their concern. You go through customs after you pick up your bags. You hand them your declaration ans they decide if they are going to search your luggage. They are not going to hassle you for carrying off your own bags.

I was going to say immigration, then changed it to customs. Thanks for the explaination.

As for the luggage. I was thinking that maybe if the luggage had been put out late, that your bags would be last coming off the ship. That theory was shot down. What about decks. Which were you on?

If we don't need to worry about our luggage being search JUST for carrying it off ourselves, then that seems like the easier thing to do. We will have mostly rolling luggage anyway.

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

OceanBoy

Thanks for the review. Compared to our ealier cruises it may be possible that the waitstaff are more concerned about efficiency than personal touch. Last week on Majesty the dinnig room staff were very friendly, always smiling (even clowning for us during the staff presentation of "Ole Sole Mio"-sp?)but had to tend to other tables besides us, a group of 4.

So we didn't get the more personal attention we had in the past. And relly that's the main reason we go to the dining room. (My wife hates to dress up). Any way we'd love to do a Voyager class ship again in the future; perhaps it will be Mariner

BTW have youever cruised to/ around Hawaii? Would love some input if possible. Thanks

Another thing that may be of interest to some is that I think RCI might be cracking down on alcohol coming on board.

I heard our cabin steward question the people in the cabin next door about the bottles of alcohol that he saw in the room. It was the last day of the cruise and they explained to him that they had bought it on board and that the ship had already delivered it to the cabin. He was fine with the explanation.

So if you do manage to get it on board, and there was a sign at the gangway during port calls addressing this issue, you may want to keep it out if sight when you are not in your cabin.

Hi! I just wanted to mention that I too sailed on Explorer over 2 years ago and she immediately became my favorite ship. We returned to Explorer just a couple of weeks ago and found her to be every bit as wonderful as the first time! The ship was still amazingly beautiful. The service was top-notch. The food was actually better than the first time! We had yet another perfect week on Explorer! We were in the same cabin both times too and "our" cabin hadn't even changed in two years! Everything was great! I am sailing in a couple of months on Voyager and we are booked on Adventure in 2006 (again the same cabin) so I hope we are as pleased with both of them as we were Explorer! I just LOVE Voyager-class ships!!!!

Bonnie Voyager...a.k.a. "Bon Voyage"

“Enjoy whatever cruise you choose....just be sure and choose to cruiseâ€

Inspiration 9/99

Triumph 6/00

Victory 8/00

Victory 6/01

Regal Empress 7/01

Explorer of the Seas 4/02

Triumph 6/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

Norwegian Dawn 12/02

Disney Wonder 3/03

Pride 7/03

Explorer of the Seas 4/04

Victory 6/04

Voyager of the Seas 7/04

Carnival Legend 10/04

Majesty of the Seas 6/05

Adventure of the Seas 4/06

...and more in the works :-)

Oceanboy,

I have been on the Voyager and Adventure as well as the Dawn Princess. We loved both size ships. The smaller ships are just different and we were pleasently surprised by the experience. I didn't think I would enjoy any other ship after the Voyager Class ships, but we did. Having said that, we are doing the Explorer in Oct. LOL

ag00612_.gif

Gary

Explorer of the Seas 10/24/04

Dawn Princess 10/12/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01/02

Adventurer of the Seas 4/21/02

Sea Breeze 06/98

Atlantis 06/70

Time to Set Sail

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;10;24;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Bonnie...

It is really nice to hear that someone had the same experience, and has the same feelings about Explorer, as I. I'm glad to hear that she is still the same.

gkrebs...

My biggest issue with trying a different class ship is I really think we would miss the Royal Prominade. I know that some folks do not think it is a big deal and see it as nothing more than a shopping mall. But I see it as a place that is always changing. With most ships once you see it there is no change all week. But the Prominade is always changing. Whether it be the lighting, decorations, entertainment, sales. It is different every time you walk through and we really look forward to that. It is the major factor that has kept me from doing a Radiance class ship yet.

oceanboy, I share you sentiments regarding the Royal Promenade! My Husband and I just love the promenade! We definitely miss it when we sail on "traditional" ships! I think the promenade is a destination in itself! Morning, noon, and night there is something new and exciting going on (or there is a lovely and relaxing sense of calm in the very early morning!) We still sail on other ships and enjoy ourselves immensely, but we always look forward to the next Voyager-class cruise just so we can spend time on the promenade!

Bonnie Voyager...a.k.a. "Bon Voyage"

“Enjoy whatever cruise you choose....just be sure and choose to cruiseâ€

Inspiration 9/99

Triumph 6/00

Victory 8/00

Victory 6/01

Regal Empress 7/01

Explorer of the Seas 4/02

Triumph 6/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

Norwegian Dawn 12/02

Disney Wonder 3/03