NYC port...hotels?

deanna1178

You are really caught in the middle. Their travel dates are coming up very soon - July is less than a month away. At this point I would recommend Hotwire for them for Midtown Central, Empire State or Times Square - a 3.5* or better, certainly not less than 3*. They can specify up to 4 people and probably should do so to ensure two beds. Right now I am seeing a 3.5* hotel in Midtown Central for $132 and a 4* in the Empire State area for $143. Any hotels in this category would be "suitable" and safe and the price is certainly right. However, the offerings can change moment to moment. These would be nonrefundable rooms.

If money is no object ( I would consider spending $250-$300 per room somewhat in that category), I'm sure other will chime in with their favorite hotels.

thank you! I have told them the same and that if they wait longer, they may not have a choice where they stay.

Got to chime in here and maybe y'all can help me solve my hotel dilemma...

Arriving June 26th for Triumph sailing June 29th. Traveling with DH and DS (who will turn 18 turning the trip). Looking for hotel in that sort of 3 star range. Clean comfy and safe. Looking at Hampton TS/North because is LOOKS as if we could walk to the pier if we planned to travel light....

What do you think? Also looking for great pizza recommendations. Lombardis? Famous Rays?

Any shuttle recommendations from EWR?

(want to pack for me too?!:rolleyes:)

Thanks!

OK - I'm clueless. What is ROFLMAO?

I see someone gave an answer to this already. But, in the future if someone is wondering what something is and does not want to ask here, or wants an answer ASAP - just go to http://www.google.com and you will have an instant answer.

Google is your friend!

http://worldofwarwick.com/index.cfm?PID=668&ID=5469,0,0&S=opllhvqruq

Our favorite Midtown Hotel is the Warwick. They have great rates this summer, if you use the link above. Look at the AAA and AARP rates if you are members. We found a deal for $164/night in August. There is also a Hampton Inn about 10 blocks north of Times Square that gets good reviews, but I haven't stayed there.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the list of hotels. I have been researching and reading these boards for hours, trying to figure out where to stay in NYC. We are just beginning to research our plans for our cruise, which leaves from the NYC passenger terminal on 12th Ave @ 55th St. Looks like midtown Manhattan will be the best for us!

• 3 years later...

Archived