Ferry to hamilton...

bickee

I'm a bit confused about some of the public transportation options so bear with me!

If you take the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton does it drop you off right in town? Or do you need to take a bus?

Am I correct in thinking that you can buy a transportation pass in town rather then wait in line right off the cruise ship? Is it easy to find?

Thanks!

...If you take the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton does it drop you off right in town?....

Yes

...Or do you need to take a bus....

No

...Am I correct in thinking that you can buy a transportation pass in town rather then wait in line right off the cruise ship?...

Yes, but since you would need at least a token to take the ferry and you would stand in line to buy it, why not buy the pass then?

... Is it easy to find?...

I believe passes can be purchased at the Visitor Service Bureau just off the wharf or you may be able to buy them your cruise ship.

SBtS

Thanks! I meant can I buy transportation passes in Kings Wharf, not Hamilton. I appreciate the help!

I live in NYC so you'd think I'd be calm and collected about the busses/ferries. I just hate the unknown. :0)

Thanks! I meant can I buy transportation passes in Kings Wharf, not Hamilton. I appreciate the help!

I live in NYC so you'd think I'd be calm and collected about the busses/ferries. I just hate the unknown. :0)

Bickee - We're considering a visit to NY, incorporating a 5 day Bermuda cruise out of Cape Liberty, notice you are from NY and was wondering if it's easy to get to the port from Newark(thinking of staying at the Hilton Penn Station Hotel - direct train link to Penn NY)? Also, is it convenient for a post cruise stay of a few days in Newark or would you suggest staying in NYC itself (have noticed the hotel prices are very much higher in NYC than in NJ, is it worth it for the convenience to the sites)? Would appreciate any comments. Thanks:).

I live about 20 minutes from Newark and my husband works there..trust me, stay in NYC. Much more to see and do and a whole lot safer! :rolleyes: Newark only really has one district now that I would consider safe to stay/walk around in and there isn't much there. It's down by the Federal Building and the new Prudential Center and Penn Station.

I will be docked in St Georges. Do you know where the best place is to buy the bus/ferry pass? Do you know if they sell it on NCL Magesty? Thank you for any help you can give me.

NCL doesn't sell the passes onboard. When you get into St Georges the bus/ferry pass can be purchased at the VIC (visitor information center) on Water Street (first street on the left past the White Horse Tavern.

NCL doesn't sell the passes onboard. When you get into St Georges the bus/ferry pass can be purchased at the VIC (visitor information center) on Water Street (first street on the left past the White Horse Tavern.

Thank you!!

RC sold the bus/ferry passes at thGuest Services at the Purser's Desk and the Shore Excursion Desk. We didn't realize that and walked off the ship and they had small building right there that sold them.

We took the ferry into Hamilton and it didn't seem to take long at all. Drops you off downtown on Front St. We took a cab to the Swizzle Inn in St. George and then the bus back to Hamilton to The Pickled Onion. Crossed the street and walked a very short distance for the ferry back to the ship. Nice and easy.

This is a picture of the building where they sell the passes. It's right in front of the Grandeur.

When we in St. George on the Majesty, they sold tickets in the first shop off the ship.

2803901960051977359S600x600Q85.jpg

FYI - Royal charged $12 for an all day pass -- the token to Hamilton bought outside was $4 each way. It really depends on how much time you have whether it is a bargain or not. The big ferry from the ship to Hamilton is also available via the token and it leaves at 9:30 a.m. directly across from the ship. The local ferry is about 1/4 mile further to the right and is a catamaran type smaller ferry.

For my scooter/wheelchair friends, both are completely accessible. The larger ferry has a moderate ramp and the smaller type ferries carry a steel ramp but as people get on, the ferry goes down, therefore not always necessary. To my knowledge only Hamilton, The Wharf and St. George are accessible. It's a scenic ride all by itself. Vicki:)

Archived