Favorite thing about Rhapsody of the Seas

DBF and I just booked an Alaskan cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas for the end of August. I haven't been able to find too many threads about Rhapsody. Our last cruise was on Liberty of the Seas and there were so many discussions. I'm starting to wonder why nobody talks about Rhapsody. If you've been on Rhapsody of the Seas before please let me know what makes her special. I love having little things to look forward to seeing/doing on the ship. :)

Me and DH were on Rhapsody in 2003 for a New Years Cruise out of Galveston...my favorite thing was the adult pool area...it's got an Egyptian theme, and I have tons of pictures with cool Egyptian looking stuff. It was usually empty back thre, we had it to ourselves quite a bit of the time.:D

Enjoy!!

DW and I are booked on a June 26th Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. So I'll report back in mid-July. I'll try and post a trip report.

I know how you feel - we're three weeks and a day from leaving for Seattle. I can't wait. If I can help you when YOU'RE three weeks from sailing, I's be happy.

We've cruised only once before on Disney Cruise Lines. This time its just DW and myself so I expect it will be much different.

I think the ship itself is darling. I love the covered solarium (adult) pool. It's smaller size makes it so much more intimate. But the best thing about Rhapsody is the awesome crew. They are the best!

Derek Lewis is now sailing out of Galveston on Voyager. At least he was last winter.

If I had to choose from whatever everyone has said, I would choose to be sitting in the Schooner Bar by an ocean window, listening to Derek Lewis late at night. The Rhapsody's Schooner Bar, though not very big, is one of the nicest in the fleet.

The Solarium is a great place to spend your afternoons, but not when you are in could weather. Don't get me wrong. It is nice and cozy in there, but it gets very crowded and they start bending the family rules. So get there early. No saving chairs.:D

She may not get talked about so much anymore as she spends the (northern) winter down here in Australia these days. And she is doing very nicely too!! :)

Our favorite spot was the Viking Crown lounge:

- great views all around the horizon.

- non-smoking (when sailing out of Australia, anyway).

- 'Quiet zone' until midday. Grab a table overlooking the main pool, read a book and ... bring yourself up to date on the latest swimsuit fashions! :D:o (Oh, perhaps not on an Alaska cruise!)

- DJ nightclub, the most popular late-night spot.

The newer / larger ships appear to have split this space up into multiple lounges, so I'm hoping they haven't ruined the ambiance.

Cheers

Our very first cruise was on the Rhapsody, and we've sailed her many times. We will be sailing on her in just 8 days for an Alaskan cruise. You may not read many things about her, because she's not a mega ship (no ice rink, promenade, or flow rider). I'm not stating this as negative, just fact. There is a rock climbing wall. We love the Rhapsody.

I love the amount of glass everywhere so you can always see outside. The Centrum is a beautiful area of the ship. I look forward to seeing the "DNA" hanging sculpture in the Centrum. That's just what my hubby and I call it! :)

To me, the Rhapsody is one of the most relaxing ships we've ever sailed.

Have a great cruise!

Out of all the RCI cruises we've been on -- the Rhapsody is by far our favorite (and she was our first RCI cruise). She's not a mega-size ship, but just classy. She also has many quiet spots both inside and out to sit and watch the world go by. You don't see very much of that on the Voyager and Freedom class ships. And also the crew was the very best we've ever experienced.

Just returned last week from Rapsody of the Sea. Its like I told my wife...we're taking Rapsody because the ship has a Solarium and we can hot tub and swim in the pool. Not only that but just of the pool area is the Spa where you can use the Sauna and Steam room for no charge. I have sailed on Splendor, Legend, and now Rapsody....all three ships are very similar except Rapsody does not have a Putt Putt golf area. You will really enjoy this ship if you are going to Alaska. Tim

Just got back from our Alaska cruise last week and I can assure you that the Rhapsody of the Sea's will be a pleasant surprise for you. Having sailed many times on the Rhapsody, she is quite honestly, one of the most intimate, nicest ships in the RCI fleet.

We met up with so many of our crew friends from past cruises and it was so nice to be able to enjoy the laid back feeling that the Rhapsody seems to exude. Not rushed but you want to do so much!

Derek Lewis is definitely back on the Rhapsody and I actually like him better here than on the Voyager! The crowd really gets into all the tom-follery that Derek brings to his shows. And DO NOT forget to participate in "The Quest" adult scavenger hunt! It's held in the Shall We Dance lounge and always lots of fun!

I know you'll enjoy the Rhapsody and I am now booking my next group for our 2010 Alaska cruise back on the Rhapsody.

Peace!:cool:

went on ROS twice last year and now booked for September. She is a lovely ship and has a great crowd on board to look after you. enjoy it as they we are only here for a short time and a good time!!

We just sailed on Rhapsody on her first Alaska cruise this summer. It was our first time on Rhapsody, but our fourth Alaskan cruise on RCI. This ship is much less crowded than the larger vessels even though our cruise wqas completely sold out. It just seemed tghat the elevators were never jammed, that the lines in the WJ were never huge, and that there was always a cozy place to sit and watch the incredible landscape float by. I wrote a review of this cruise, which I'm sure you can find on the reviews thread.

:(Ok....here goes. We did not enjoy the ROS at all. We were a family of 8 traveling. Ages range from 6 to 87. First complaint was food...just terrible. Steaks were so touch you couldn't hardly cut them...more like tear them. Desserts were not too great either. Second entertainment...the shows were so ridiculous. Those people really need to learn to sing. Third stateroom...the smallest room I have ever seen. We were on deck 7 inside room. Fourth....we purchased a coke sticker. Every morning and early afternoon we had 2 choices of places to get a drink....other than the disgusting tea or nasty lemonade. You really have to search out a place to be open in order to get a drink. One night in the dining room they ran out of ice...and were adding water to the cokes! Gross. They of course were flat. Not to mention that in the Windjammer the cokes came from 2 liter bottles. The food there was the same every morning....and barely edible at lunch. No good movies were shown. The kids club was beyond small and boring...even for a 6 year old. We spent a lot of time in the crown lounge up on the 11th deck. The windows were great to see everything out of. No naturalist could be heard as we sailed...very sad.

Overall.....we will stick to DCL. We all just guessed we have been spoiled by them. Oh well. We are currently booked on a Celebrity Summit cruise and hope the food/shows will be better.

:(Ok....here goes. We did not enjoy the ROS at all.

Okay, while I respect your right to have a differing opinion to others, I fail to see why you even bothered to put THIS post in here...... did you not read the title at all??:confused::confused:

We are going on Rhapsody in September and we hope to have a better time than you appear to have had on your trip, however everyone to this point has written here in the spirit of the OP.

Those of us who wish to be well informed read good and bad things and this allows us to form our own opinion. If you wish to post this information please do so, there is a number of places on these boards for you to air your disappointment but, THIS is NOT the thread for your opinion on this occasion.

Okay, I will get off my soapbox now and go back to looking forward to my first ever cruise.

Cheers

David

YES! The Centrum with its fabulous hanging sculpture -- and the water views side to side -- glass everywhere. I would love to sail on Rhapsody again -- my favorite ship!

But then there was the Legend, previously my favorite ship! I must say I prefer the slightly smaller ships that emphasize the SEA and not the inside of ship as in the mall-like Promenade. Some people love that, though, so to each his own.

Our very first cruise was on the Rhapsody, and we've sailed her many times. We will be sailing on her in just 8 days for an Alaskan cruise. You may not read many things about her, because she's not a mega ship (no ice rink, promenade, or flow rider). I'm not stating this as negative, just fact. There is a rock climbing wall. We love the Rhapsody.

I love the amount of glass everywhere so you can always see outside. The Centrum is a beautiful area of the ship. I look forward to seeing the "DNA" hanging sculpture in the Centrum. That's just what my hubby and I call it! :)

To me, the Rhapsody is one of the most relaxing ships we've ever sailed.

Have a great cruise!

Archived