Currency? on Half Moon Cay...

whalers4ever

If I'm not mistaken everything can be charged to your sign and sail card. The only reason to carry cash would be for tips (e.g. person who puts your clamshell together or for the crew of an excursion) if you're so inclined.

You will need cash for the three or four stalls in the straw market and if you want to send any cards from the post office. US Dollars.

EDIT:(I just got to thinking after I posted this, the stalls may take the ship's charge. I'm just not sure, but I believe the post office requires cash. Maybe someone will clear the fog for me on this. Thanks)

I also think the post office is the only place that requires cash. Please make sure you drop your postcards early enough. Wanted to drop my postcards just before the last tender left (4 PM) and the postoffice was already closed. I could give the cards to a nice lady at the strawmarket.

Also, the shops seem to close also quite some time before the last tender. There were two ships at HMC when we were there and the other left before us. When I was in the shop buying postcards, there were passengers from the other ship trying to make some last minute purchases but they were told that the shop staff from the other ship already had left and that the remaining guy only could do charges to our ship.

Marc

Archived