royal caribbean questions

leximom

Hi

I am new here and totally new to cruising. I am booked for 7/22/10 ont the Explorer of the Sea 9 night to Bermuda and Caribbean (can't wait)to celebrate 40th Birthdays with my 2 best friends (lucky me I will still be 39 LOL:D)and my 10 year old daughter ( she will be 12 on the cruise).

My daughter can sometimes be shy, do they make the kids feel welcomed in the teen clubs?

Also do they make towel animals on Royal Caribbean cruises? I hope so :)

Most kids LOVE the kids club...do take her on the 1st evening, as that's when everyone meets. If you wait, the kids will have already started making friends and she will feel like the "new kid in school".

We've always gotten towel animals at some point during the trip.

Hi

I am new here and totally new to cruising. I am booked for 7/22/10 ont the Explorer of the Sea 9 night to Bermuda and Caribbean (can't wait)to celebrate 40th Birthdays with my 2 best friends (lucky me I will still be 39 LOL:D)and my 10 year old daughter ( she will be 12 on the cruise).

My daughter can sometimes be shy, do they make the kids feel welcomed in the teen clubs?

Also do they make towel animals on Royal Caribbean cruises? I hope so :)

Our kids have always participated in the kids clubs over the years, moving into each new group as they got older over our cruising years. They have always made friends - some of which they still are in touch with. Our youngest is now 18, but still looks forward to the activites on the ship for her age. RCI has done a good job over the years with these groups and I'm sure your daughter will have a good time and meet kids to hang out with. Remember, unless they are travelling with friends, all the kids are in the same situation with not knowing anyone and looking to meet others to be with.

The kids staff is supposed to make it a fun, inviting atmosphere and generally there are very perky people working there. There will be orientatations the first night and they will try to make every opportunity to help the kids make friends.

As another poster noted--getting your daughter to the teen club on the first night is ultra important. The kids all make their groups of friends on that first night. Once that happens, she won't want to spend any time with you. :p

We made our kids have dinner with us every night except one night when the teen club ate together.

Towel animals are very dependent on your particular cabin steward. Sometimes they're everyday, sometimes twice during the week. Let your steward know you like them and maybe you'll get one every day.

Archived