mascara recommendation

ajpack

For me, the biggest culprit for clumping is dried out mascara. Even if I haven't used the tube very long, it tends to get dried out quickly, especially in Colorado were the ambient air is much drier.

One mascara that I do not have this problem with is La Femme, which is a cake mascara. Each time you use it, you moisten the brush that comes in the case and swirl it around on the surface of the cake until you get the desired consistency. If I use a little extra water, the product on the brush is thinner, and less likely to clump. I also like the fact that I can wash and dry the applicator after each use (much more sanitary). Plus, it's not liquid, so when flying it is not subject to the ridiculous TSA liquid restriction.

Covergirl lash blast is awesome - for volume and length. Colossal by Maybelline is great too. I used to use Lancome until I discovered these two mascaras. Now I'm saving $$$ without sacrificing quality.

Latisse does work - my friend used it and her lashes are noticeably longer! Very impressive. I want to get it but I can't afford it now. My top lashes are pretty long and luscious but bottom lashes are super short, thin, and sparse.

Covergirl lash blast is awesome - for volume and length. Colossal by Maybelline is great too. I used to use Lancome until I discovered these two mascaras. Now I'm saving $$$ without sacrificing quality.

i have short and thin eyelashes...so im going to try both of these..if not im going to have to get false eyelashes...

I really want to find a mascara that is waterproof and smudge proof. Years ago I had an aweseome brand called Elfie (made in China) hadn't been able to find since the mid-nineties. Does anyone know of Elfie? Or can someone recommend a waterproof/smudge proof mascara.

Thank you.

Kathy:)

has anyone tried...Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Mascara??

ULTA is having a buy 1 get 1 free on certain mascaras and this one looks interesting...i want to get 2 different new mascaras...hopefully Cover girl Lash Blast is sold there and included in the sale...i really want to try that...i really want to find a over the counter mascara.....my lashes are so short and thin...

all suggestions are greatly appreciated...thanks =)

I have straight eyelashes that point down. I need a mascara that will hold up to the eyelash curler.

Everyone I try my lashes just fall back down. My DS got the long eyelashes.:(

Any suggestions that will hold up?

Thanks

Denise

Loreal Voluminous Mascara is my new HG! I was in love with Maybelline's XXL before, but it started to make my eyelashes really "crunchy".

My new Loreal one maintains their softness. And it's available in a waterproof version.

For those looking for waterproof and smudgeproof, I found one accidentally that falls into that category. Loreal's Double Extend. It's the one with the two steps, the first one is white and the second is the mascara. It forms the "tubes" around each lash. The coolest thing about this is while it is waterproof and smudgeproof, it comes off with warm water. You put your fingers in warm water and just take hold of your lashes and hold for a few moments. It's the warm water that dissolves the mascara.

Clinique has come out with their version of the "tubes" but it's only one step (which I being the mascara novice, love). It's called Lash Power. They gave me a tiny sample, but I've only used it twice, so I can't really compare to the Loreal above yet. It also is taken off the same way - they said no eye remover would do it. I didn't test them on that, but the warm water does the trick.

Mally Mascara from QVC. So awesome! I absolutely love it & would recommend it for no clumps, more volume & more length!

I have not tried this but it is a Award winning mascara and had excellent reviews. They recently had a duo special on QVC for it. I'll probably get some soon.

I did just buy a TSV (from July 4th) of a 3 piece eye set of TARTE. It did include a mascara and I found out it's actually clinically proven to increase lash volume by 424% in a single application!

Today is my second day wearing it and I love it. The bottle is actually made out of recycled material too. It goes on so smooth and it's clump free. Gotten quite a few compliments already. ;)

Clinique has come out with their version of the "tubes" but it's only one step (which I being the mascara novice, love). It's called Lash Power. They gave me a tiny sample, but I've only used it twice, so I can't really compare to the Loreal above yet. It also is taken off the same way - they said no eye remover would do it. I didn't test them on that, but the warm water does the trick.

I have a review of the Clinique Lash Power - and it works great! Turns out it was formulated for high humidity areas and I can testify that it stays on through tears. Comes off easily with warm water.

I tried Lash Blast from the many recommendations here, and it is not for me (not the waterproof one). Looks great on but it started coming off and leaving flakes around my under eye area. Now, it is running about 105 here lately and with some humidity, so in cooler weather it might be better.

has anyone tried...Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Mascara??

ULTA is having a buy 1 get 1 free on certain mascaras and this one looks interesting...i want to get 2 different new mascaras...hopefully Cover girl Lash Blast is sold there and included in the sale...i really want to try that...i really want to find a over the counter mascara.....my lashes are so short and thin...

all suggestions are greatly appreciated...thanks =)

I just finished using my Lash Stiletto mascara. Looks great at the beginning of the day. Really only works as an lengthener and not as a volumizer. But, by the end of the day I had little flakes all around my eyes. It just didn't stay put for me. Won't buy again. I went back to the same mascara that has seemed to work for me. Maybelline's XXL volume + length (microfiber mascara). It is labeled 1 and 2 on the ends. The 1 side is for volume. You apply and allow 30 seconds to dry. Then apply the 2 side for length. I apply 2 coats of the 2 side since I want more length and don't need as much volume. I've really liked it. I have also read great reviews on a mascara out of China called Fiberwig. It is pretty pricey if bought in the U.S. $25, but I found a company out of China that sells it on ebay for $13 (shipping and handling included). It is really supposed to give lots of volume if that is what you want. I am going to order it and give it a try.

My absolute favorite mascara, literally for years and years now, has been Maybelline Full'n'Soft. It has a really full applicator brush, which I think helps prevent clumping. My lashes "fan out" a little, while still getting a lot of volume.

It seems like every product I really love gets discontinued :rolleyes: and if that ever happens to this mascara, I will be spending a lot of money trying to find a replacement . . .

I cannot recommend the Artistry brand enough! I LOVE it. You can order it online. It is a bit expensive, but it is the best I have ever found. My lashes are soft, but it is completely waterproof. I rarely get clumping. I love the brush so much, that I will often sterilize it in the dishwasher and use it with cheaper mascara brands if I cannot afford to purchase Artistry for the month.

Archived