mascara recommendation

ajpack

I have tried so many different mascaras...Dior show, Lancome, the one that has an orange tube, the yellow one, Max Factor 2000 Calorie.... and they seem to clump for me. I am interested in volume, not length...any suggestions?

I have tried so many different mascaras...Dior show, Lancome, the one that has an orange tube, the yellow one, Max Factor 2000 Calorie.... and they seem to clump for me. I am interested in volume, not length...any suggestions?

The only mascara I have ever been able to use is Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara. It doesn't clump, but I can't say it really provides much volume. It is the only one that doesn't clump for me. Unfortunately, I think the ones that do thicken lashes tend to be the worst clumpers.:(

I am keeping a close eye on this thread - I am always on a quest to find the perfect mascara. Dior show is the best I have used so far but it isn't perfect. Keep posting your recommendations ladies!:D

I'd second the recommendation to try Lancome's "Cils Booster" which is a mascara base. And you might try L'Oreal Splash-Out (or Lash-Out, if you don't need the waterproof variety) -- available at Target and most drugstores. The formula is a little thinner than their parent company's Lancome products and you might find it less clumpy. Otherwise, the solution may be that you're simply using too much of the product.

Givenchy is good. I got mine at Sephora...The one w/the ball w/spikes on the end. It's pricey, but worth it. The spikes act as combs so you can separate your clumps. I actually don't mind some clumpiness as long as the clumps aren't balls, if that makes any sense. I also used to put on a primer and then put on the mascara. I barely wear mascara, though, nowadays.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P218317

There's also another option that supposedly helps w/volume (as well as length, but you're not interested in that): Latisse. You have to get it from a plastic surgeon's office/medspa. It's about $120 for 2 months. Pricey, but worth it, from what I hear. I don't have any experience w/this, though. I'm thinking about getting it when I get money. I figure things are worth trying at least once. And yes, it's been FDA approved.

http://latisse.com/

The only mascara I have ever been able to use is Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara. It doesn't clump, but I can't say it really provides much volume. It is the only one that doesn't clump for me. Unfortunately, I think the ones that do thicken lashes tend to be the worst clumpers.:(

I love this one too. I didn't wear mascara for the longest time simply because I didn't like the way it felt (more accurately, it was that my bottom and top lashes seemed to cling together for just a moment).

Latisse has the same active ingredient as prescription glaucoma medication. My mother has glaucoma and a side effect of the medication is that her eye lashes are very long.

You definitely want to consult with a professional before using Latisse - you only have one set of eyes and need to make sure you don't have any other problems that could lead to eye damage.

Estee Laudee Magnascopic. maximum volume mascara......or Sumptious which has bold volume and lift....I find this one particularly good for evenings when going out, gives very good lift. Also Doublewear mascara is very good....glides on easily...a thinner brush..and last really well.. zero smudge and lengthens.

why not try having your eyelashes tinted? takes about 20 mins at a beauty salon you need a patch test 24 hours before ,in case of an allergic reaction ,it lasts about 6 weeks .I have had mine done for ages now and hardly ever use mascara.

why not try having your eyelashes tinted? takes about 20 mins at a beauty salon you need a patch test 24 hours before ,in case of an allergic reaction ,it lasts about 6 weeks .I have had mine done for ages now and hardly ever use mascara.

I have very dark eyelashes...upper and lower....tinting does nothing for volume ...does it???

I'm on my 4th Lash Blast by Cover Girl and am very happy with it. It increases both volume and length. If it starts to clump, its probably at the end of its life and needs to be replaced.

Is this water and smudge proof?

I just bought the Loreal collagan volume mascara. It really is amazing.

I am always trying the new products as I just can't seem to find a nonclumping mascara and I have tried many that others say do not clump but I seem to have clumping problems. Maybe I try to apply too many layers??

Anyway, I love the new Loreal mascara. It really does give volume and with no clumping!!

I use Benefit Bad Girl Mascara. It's bit pricey (25$) but looks awesome!

This is also my favorite, I love it. The best solution I have found for clumping no matter what the mascara is an eyelash comb. I just put on one coat of mascara, comb through my lashes, another coat of mascara, comb again and voila! - perfect! It gives me volume and length with no clumps.

Archived