All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

We just returned from our cruise this past Sunday. Luckily, a couple in our group had VIP boarding. They went right to the excursion desk and got the last available cabana. People in line behind them offered to buy it from them. The cabana was worth every penny!!

We just returned from our cruise this past Sunday. Luckily, a couple in our group had VIP boarding. They went right to the excursion desk and got the last available cabana. People in line behind them offered to buy it from them. The cabana was worth every penny!!

WOW, this does not look good for me to get one.

I am cruising during Spring Break (toward the end)

I am not VIP or anything else. I am going to get to the port early and hope for the best:o

Hi! I've read the entire thread and now have just a couple of questions that weren't completely answered:

I noticed the ship has a snorkeling excursion. Do they take you out by boat or is it off shore? If it's off shore, can you snorkel off that area on your own?

Do the paddleboats have a weight limit?

Are the lockers still avalible? Where would I find them? How much? Do they sell out?

Does anyone have a map handy?

WOW, this does not look good for me to get one.

I am not VIP or anything else. I am going to get to the port early and hope for the best:o

Don't be so sure, demand varies from sailing to sailing. Make the Shore Ex desk your number One priority.

Don't be so sure, demand varies from sailing to sailing. Make the Shore Ex desk your number One priority.

I will get to the terminal as soon as we can (can anyone tell me the earliest time I can get there?) I have no problem being the first ones there:p

I have already told DH and DS that once we can board they can meet me at the excursion desk because I am going for it:D

Edited by reno3

Hi! I've read the entire thread and now have just a couple of questions that weren't completely answered:

I noticed the ship has a snorkeling excursion. Do they take you out by boat or is it off shore? If it's off shore, can you snorkel off that area on your own?

I'd love to know this too. Anyone take a snorkeling excursion on HMC? Was it through the ship?

I'd love to know this too. Anyone take a snorkeling excursion on HMC? Was it through the ship?

Just looked at my reservation and the snorkel tour is called Half Moon Cay Snorkel by Boat....I've not done this, but the Carnival excursion listed for my reservation does indicat that it is by boat. Don't know how far the boat takes you or if you could do it on your own.

If I have purchased alcoholic beverages fron Bon Voyage, is there any reason that I couldn't take some of them with me to HMC? Probably would only do this if I was lucky enough to snag a cabana.

No reason at all, HMC is merely an extension of the ship.

Well I think I have read all the post but I still have a couple of questions. I may have read the answers but I get a case of old timers sometimes so I will ask anyway.

What is included in the Oasis. I think I read that it is $1200. Second question is, are there more than one restroom area. I am thinking of trying to get a cabin toward the end like 14 or 15. Being beer drinkers we don't want to get to far for the restrooms. Is it correct that if you have a cabana that far away, they will take you to it? I love this board and have learned alot. Thank You.

Second question is, are there more than one restroom area. I am thinking of trying to get a cabin toward the end like 14 or 15. Being beer drinkers we don't want to get to far for the restrooms. Is it correct that if you have a cabana that far away, they will take you to it? I love this board and have learned alot. Thank You.

Restrooms are not a problem. There are restrooms located behind cabana #10 (green), and the larger building is located near cabana number #1(taupe). After the many times at HMC, I've never seen any lines. I suppose that would be a possibility if there are two ships there.

Thanks Typhoon1 for the quick response. I may try to get #10. Does someone pick you up and take you to your cabana or do you have to walk? Just one more question, do the waiters come around for bar orders? Or do we have to go to the bar for our drinks. I was thinking about just buying a bucket of beer since they have a fridge. Thanks again.

Typhoon1 I just found most of the answers on the other board. I'm still trying to find out about the waiters. I need to do more research. Thanks again.

You'll find waiters roaming the beach, and they will stop by your cabana periodically. I'm guessing you know that the Tram will deliver you to your cabana or you can walk.

Let the waiter know you will need regular service by rewarding him/her generously, and you will see him/her more often.

Thank you Typhoon1, you have answered all my questions. I am going to get cabana #10 if I can. Thanks so much for all the help.

Sandra

The restroom building will be right in your backyard. Keep the beer flowing. :D

Edited by Typhoon1

I rented the red cabana.. #14, I think? It was fabulous. All the way down near the end far away from the crowd..Just what I wanted. Try your best to get a cabana, you will love it.

I absolutely loved Half Moon Cay. I also went on the Wave Runners..It was such fun.