Disappointed in the Brilliance...

We know that the crew the backbone and soul is of a ship and if you have a good crew you basically have a good ship. With that said the crew rotates every 6-7 months, so in theory none of your TA crew in 2007 is still on board the Brilliance..

Hate to blow your theory, but I personally know several crew members on the Brilliance that have been on that ship since it's inaugural season in 2003. Rusti and Erik are two that just about everyone that has sailed on this ship know.

Aubie

Hate to blow your theory, but I personally know several crew members on the Brilliance that have been on that ship since it's inaugural season in 2003. Rusti and Erik are two that just about everyone that has sailed on this ship know.

Aubie

There are always exceptions, but most of them have moved to another ship.I have been told about 2 waiters who stayed from day 1 on Sun Viking till the last day it was delivered to another cruise line.

You are missing the OP's point!!! it's irrelevant how many elevators there are or what the Compass says--the point is that one elevator was BROKEN THE WHOLE TIME & THE FRONT DESK STAFF DIDN't KNOW THE SPECIFICS OF THE TIME CHANGE.

And, IMO uh...solarium...on the Brilliance is either too hot & muggy or too cold & over-air conditioned and ALWAYS reeking of heavy chlorine smell.

You can disagree but everyone's opinion should be respected--that's what these boards are for: OPINIONS.

I am neither disagreeing nor disrespecting, just questioning. I am allowed to that:mad:

There are always exceptions, but most of them have moved to another ship.I have been told about 2 waiters who stayed from day 1 on Sun Viking till the last day it was delivered to another cruise line.

Even with the exceptions, I would hope that things have changed since 2007:eek:

The CD (Clo) has also been on the ship since 2003 right up through our last cruise in the fall, with the exception of when she was on vacation and on maternity leave. I would venture to say that less than half turn over from contract to contract.

Aubie

The CD (Clo) has also been on the ship since 2003 right up through our last cruise in the fall, with the exception of when she was on vacation and on maternity leave. I would venture to say that less than half turn over from contract to contract.

Aubie

We have always had great service in the MDR and the WJ. We appreciate the hard work all of the service staff do. These two we had on the Brilliance should not be on any ship, no matter what line. I remember the waiter as "Mr. Eze" from Costa Rica. I don't remember the assistant waiter's name. She was also from Costa Rica. The room steward was definitely the worst we have ever had, but it is a thankless job. I think the combination of the three just added up to a bad experience. Sometimes you can overlook the food quality if everything else is fine. This is the first cruise I couldn't wait to leave. We went on the Jewel TA March 30, 2008 with some trepedation and I must say, it was a great cruise. The food was still just fair, but the staff was wonderful. It DOES make a difference!

Archived