What happens when....

I contacted Carnival and found out that there's only one spot left for an embarkation day ceremony and reception and that it's first come first served so I have to book asap. I can't book today because I'm waiting for money to transfer into my checking....that will clear on Thursday.

There's also 3 open spots to have the wedding in St. Thomas.

I wanted to do an embarkation day wedding, but if it's not possible I will book a St. Thomas wedding. What happens, though, if there's some reason we can't go to that port? Do they move the wedding? I want an onboard wedding because none of the dresses I like would be good on the beach.

Hey I did this in the past with booking a cruise with carnival. If you do a check over the phone with them it takes like 2-3 days to clear.

I don't know how it would work if you miss a port for a St Thomas wedding but I'm sure there'd be some compensation, just ask...

Also if you want more info since you're a budding dw bride:) check out the best destination wedding forum. I'm sure there'd be someone on there to answer your questions. Here's a link: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/index.php?referrerid=12137

Good Luck and welcome (also I'm getting married in St Thomas and they're one of the least missed ports so you should be fine either way).

What happens, though, if there's some reason we can't go to that port?

All shipboard ceremonies on Carnival have to be performed in port prior to sailing. If you don't get married prior to sailing, you won't have an onboard wedding. Each port has different requirements you must fulfill to get married, so if you miss the port in which you planned to get married, you probably will come home not married.

We hit a tropical storm (not during hurricane season) on our last Caribbean cruise, and did make St. Thomas, but had a very short two hour stop there because we had gone so far off course to avoid the storm.

It's just a drawback of a cruise wedding; no guarantees.

Thanks! That's one of the reasons I wanted to have the embarkation day wedding, so I'm praying there will still be a NY spot when I call on Thursday! If my TA gets the group booking website up tomorrow, I'll be able to book our room and then call the wedding dept to ask to do a check over the phone or to mail a check since it won't clear until for a few days anyway.

I spoke with the wedding department today and they put a 48 hour hold on the NY wedding so as long as my TA has everything together by tomorrow, it will all work out!

I hope you are able to get your embarktation date! Let me know if once you book your cabin if you had to pay for the entire cost as well as the entire cost of the wedding. I wanted to get married port side while in St Thomas, but thought they (Carnival) was a little unreasonable with asking us to pay for the cabin (in full) and the Wedding package (in full).

We decided to get married on the island with a wedding planner instead.

Good Luck!:)

I hope you are able to get your embarktation date! Let me know if once you book your cabin if you had to pay for the entire cost as well as the entire cost of the wedding. I wanted to get married port side while in St Thomas' date=' but thought they (Carnival) was a little unreasonable with asking us to pay for the cabin (in full) and the Wedding package (in full).

Good Luck!:)[/quote']

That's strange that they wanted you to pay for both in full. Was it really close to the sail date? I booked ours about 6 months early and we had to pay for the wedding in full but only the $500 deposit for the cruise. I am getting married on the Conquest in Galveston on June 28th.

I hope you are able to get your embarktation date! Let me know if once you book your cabin if you had to pay for the entire cost as well as the entire cost of the wedding. I wanted to get married port side while in St Thomas' date=' but thought they (Carnival) was a little unreasonable with asking us to pay for the cabin (in full) and the Wedding package (in full).

Good Luck!:)[/quote']

I was able to get it!

They wanted me to leave a $600 deposit for the cabin, but we asked if we could leave $300 and still book the wedding, and they let us do that.

Archived