Ports in Stockholm and Copenhagen

malily

We are booked on the 7/31/09 Baltic cruise embarking from Stockholm and debarking in Copenhagen. We have arranged for transfers to and from the airports but need to make our own arrangements by taxi from hotel to port and vice versa in each city. Can you tell us how difficult it is to get a cab, how expensive it is and how far (roughly) it is from the ports to central hotels in the tourist areas (we are staying in the First Reisen in Stockholm and the Strand in Copenhagen?) Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Super easy in both ports. Last year, we just asked for a cab at our hotel in Copenhagen. It was right there in a jiffy and took us to the port. In Stockholm, we walked off the ship and there was a line a cabs there waiting for fares.

Will be embarking in Copenhagen in 2 weeks again. No need to make any prior arrangements.

Super easy in both ports. Last year, we just asked for a cab at our hotel in Copenhagen. It was right there in a jiffy and took us to the port. In Stockholm, we walked off the ship and there was a line a cabs there waiting for fares.

Will be embarking in Copenhagen in 2 weeks again. No need to make any prior arrangements.

Thank you, Rachel, but we will be doing just the opposite, ie, going to the port from the hotel in Stockholm and going from the port to our hotel in Copenhagen. We think we read somewhere that it can be hard to get a taxi from the Copenhagen port.

When we were on the Voyager in the Baltic in '06 we docked near the Langelinie - walking distance to the Little Mermaid. There were taxis waiting when people disembarked but we chose to take the Regent transfer to the SAS Radisson Hotel.

If you were to get the number to call for taxis in Copenhagen and put it into your mobile, then if there are no taxis, you could call one. The dock is really "in" town so it wouldn't take long for a taxi to get there and I have yet to find a Danish taxi driver who doesn't speak English!!

here is a link to the Copenhagen Tourist Board's page on taxis, with their phone numbers -

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/tourist/plan_and_book/transport_in_copenhagen/taxis/

malily,

Last year we stayed at the Sheraton in Stockholm. There were numerous taxis available outside the hotel. It took us 15-20 minutes from the hotel to the Frihamnen port at a cost of approximately 300 SEK (today about $39).

malily,

Last year we stayed at the Sheraton in Stockholm. There were numerous taxis available outside the hotel. It took us 15-20 minutes from the hotel to the Frihamnen port at a cost of approximately 300 SEK (today about $39).

We had the same experience. We did ask at the bell desk to secure us a taxi with space for our luggage and they were very helpful. We were on the Oceania Regatta for two weeks so we had extra baggage.

Thank you, Rachel, but we will be doing just the opposite, ie, going to the port from the hotel in Stockholm and going from the port to our hotel in Copenhagen. We think we read somewhere that it can be hard to get a taxi from the Copenhagen port.

We did this exact cruise late Aug. 08 on the Voyager. Getting off the ship for people in Copenhagen was the pits if you where getting transfers/taxis on your own...there just did not seem to be much transportation available..maybe I am crazy but what I remember was being really really glad that we decided (while on the ship) to pay for transfers to our hotel thru the cruiseline. I did this a couple days after boarding the ship and frankly don't remember the cost but it was not much...included a two hour tour as I recall. Those without Regent transfers just seemed to be overwhelmed with that lack of help and it was not pretty.

We loved Copenhagen and spent three days there after the cruise, actually plan to go back and spend a month in an apartment.

Stockholm was a fast taxi ride from the hotel to the port - though the ride from the airport to hotel was more than 30 min. airport is way way out of town. Hope this helps, we loved this cruise.

- Mariner 12/20/2009 Panama Canal !!!! Can't wait...

We were a the Radisson in Stockholm and just happened to ask at the desk about a cab. The desk clerk said we'd better get one right that minute, and called one for us. Turns out there was a gay pride parade just around the block from the hotel and all the roads were blocked. We made it fine--all the cabbies seem to know where the port is, but ours did have a little trouble finding the Voyager--but found it--and we loved the cruise. You will, too.

Elena

That's helpful for me too. Regent tell me that I can make arrangements whilst on board for transport from the dock to Copenhagen Airport on disembarkation on 10 July. As we will have a wheelchair, I don't want to leave it to chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Malily - We also are booking transfers to hotel though the ship. It reduces the stress of looking for an ATM machine in order to pay the taxi in Denmark Kroners. This is going to be the downside of this cruise, different currencies at every port.:rolleyes:

See you on the cruise

Hi Malily - We also are booking transfers to hotel though the ship. It reduces the stress of looking for an ATM machine in order to pay the taxi in Denmark Kroners. This is going to be the downside of this cruise, different currencies at every port.:rolleyes:

See you on the cruise

Archived