Heard from the grapevine...

Maybe he wanted to get away and relax while allowing his daughter time to play with other kids. He and his wife could relax and take all meals in the Royal Suite while his daughter enjoyed spending time with other children her age. Since most people would not recognize her, it would be a win, win in my book.:cool:

I agree with the majority here that it's highly unlikely.

I believe he and his family periodically cruise on a ship that the Scientologists own. There's no reason for them to cruise with the masses especially when they're still trying to adjust to the loss of their son.

That this week John Tavolta is sailing on the Enchantment. I don't want to disclose any names, but a friend of mine who works onboard told me last night.

Too bad your friend told you and that you're posting it on CC. Shouldn't he be left alone with privacy?? I mean, why post this here for everyone to read??

If what the OP said he heard is true, his friend might be playing a prank on him. We were on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago, and they announced that John Travolta was going to make an appearance at the 70's theme dance in the centrum. Of course it was Marc, the CD dressed like JT in Saturday Night Fever. :p And I must say, dude sure looked good to be wearing a white polyester leisure suit! :D

John was on the Voyager, too! :D

I think the crew member that told the OP about JT was confused or playing a prank. To date, we have seen John Travolta, Elton John, and The Beatles on our cruises. All impersonators! We have seen the real John Davidson and some other less famous entertainers on our cruises as well. :)

It's my opinion, too, that it isn't true.

But it could be. Celebrities with large financial resources DO cruise on Royal Caribbean.

The most recent report that I recall was Howie Mandel and his family. They, too, could afford to cruise on Crystal or Silversea, but chose RC. Perhaps they just like the family atmosphere???

Was Howie performing on board the ship?;)

John Travolta on this ship.....................im sure its just Pulp Fiction!!!

Still with all the chair hogs on board he shold be fine for getting a sunbed............. assuming he can still move like Grease Lightening!!!!

Boom Boom...........OK OK, I'll get my coat!!!

If I were an Officer for RCCL right now, I'd be doing everything I could to find the Crew Member who had so little disgression as to share this information with someone who could even think about putting it on the internet. It gives RCCL, the ship, and the OP a bad name. Sorry but that's my opinion. Flame away.

If he is already on the ship everone else is locked out any way so I don't see this as an issue , as my on opinion I could care less what he or any other movie star does I don't worship them.

If what the OP said he heard is true, his friend might be playing a prank on him. We were on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago, and they announced that John Travolta was going to make an appearance at the 70's theme dance in the centrum. Of course it was Marc, the CD dressed like JT in Saturday Night Fever. :p And I must say, dude sure looked good to be wearing a white polyester leisure suit! :D

I think the mystery has been revealed. :D That's why he said it was John TAVOLTA! lol

And I'm sorry, but John Travolta is not going to go on a mass-market cruise ship just so his daughter will have some "kids her age" to play with. I assure you they don't need to go out and mingle with the public to find playmates for their child. The security risk alone would preclude that.

Yes, some celebrities go on mass-market cruises - but as others pointed out, they usually have a reason to be on there. And we're talking about different stratospheres of celebrity. You would no more see John Travolta on a Royal Caribbean cruise than you would Brad Pitt.

In any case, I think it's pretty clear that we're talking about a confused staff member who misunderstood a skit done by entertainers onboard. Which is actually pretty funny.

Pretty sure this solves all the mystery and debate.

Maybe he wanted to get away and relax while allowing his daughter time to play with other kids. He and his wife could relax and take all meals in the Royal Suite while his daughter enjoyed spending time with other children her age. Since most people would not recognize her, it would be a win, win in my book.:cool:

The royal suite of the Enchantment would be pretty tacky digs for Mr and Mrs Travolta.

there Daughter spending time with the other kids! :eek:No she wouldn't stand out a bit with those body guards hovering over her..

People that are of the status that John Travolta is do not just let there children go play with strangers. There is a constant threat of kidnapping for ransom.

I think the mystery has been revealed. :D That's why he said it was John TAVOLTA! lol

And I'm sorry, but John Travolta is not going to go on a mass-market cruise ship just so his daughter will have some "kids her age" to play with. I assure you they don't need to go out and mingle with the public to find playmates for their child. The security risk alone would preclude that.

Yes, some celebrities go on mass-market cruises - but as others pointed out, they usually have a reason to be on there. And we're talking about different stratospheres of celebrity. You would no more see John Travolta on a Royal Caribbean cruise than you would Brad Pitt.

In any case, I think it's pretty clear that we're talking about a confused staff member who misunderstood a skit done by entertainers onboard. Which is actually pretty funny.

agree 100%!

Speaking of different status of Celebrity..........Danny Bonaduce was on one of our Vision of the Seas cruises with his family.. No one bothered him a bit. He had to actually TRY to get attention... LOL:D

agree 100%!

Speaking of different status of Celebrity..........Danny Bonaduce was on one of our Vision of the Seas cruises with his family.. No one bothered him a bit. He had to actually TRY to get attention... LOL:D

Doesn't he (Danny Bonduce) always try to get attention?

That this week John Tavolta is sailing on the Enchantment. I don't want to disclose any names, but a friend of mine who works onboard told me last night.

I find it hard to believe he would sail a line like RCCL, or any of the mass lines.

Holy crap, people, it appears that he WAS on the Enchantment. This is from a news website in Belize:

"When it comes to movie stars - you don’t get any bigger than John Travolta which is why the big news tonight is that the star actor was in Belize today. He was scheduled to leave around 6 pm on his private jet from the Phillip Goldson International Airport. But Travolta arrived this morning on Royal Caribbean’s ‘Enchantment of the Sea.’ He along with 2,000 other passengers was unable to leave the ship this morning because of a swine flu fear – which we’ll tell you about later.

The all clear was given at midday – but he stayed on the ship the entire day until 4:15, just 15 minutes before the ship’s departure. He came off in a chartered boat and got off at the Radisson pier where he was processed by an immigration officer as well as a Customs officer. We were also there but he didn’t want to talk to us. We were told he is on a vacation and wanted his privacy.

Initially, the “Pelham 123” star actually refused to leave the boat because of the media and a good number of fans. He did however leave and waved to the crowd. He then entered the Radisson and was scheduled to be there until 6 pm which is when he would have rushed to the airport and onto his plane. We are not sure if he’ll be the pilot because he is also a licensed pilot. Travolta appeared to be with his wife Kelly Preston.

Travolta again is a first rate actor. He has won two academy awards and is widely known for his hit movies Saturday Night Fever, Grease, and Pulp Fiction. His movie career spans almost 40 years. His newest movie, “The Taking of Pelham 123” with Denzel Washington opens in U.S. theatres tomorrow. Travolta has kept a low profile since the death of his son Jeff in January in the Bahamas."

MEA CULPA!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Okay, I am looking up the sky and seeing PIGS FLYING! :o

http://ambergristoday.blogspot.com/2009/06/john-travolta-cruises-into-belize.html

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/06/miami-based_cruise_ship_carryi.php

http://www.belizeans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26052

I take back everything I said...EXCEPT that I still think it was improper for the cruise line employee to tell the OP...and I think it was disrespectful for the OP to post it here.

But I fully admit that I was WRONG! (Doesn't happen often :p, but when it does, at least I'm not afraid to admit it!) CClurry - you may now enjoy the spectacle of seeing all of us eat a little crow.......

Doesn't he (Danny Bonduce) always try to get attention?

Yep... I posted that with Sarcasm..:D

OH CRUD! You have got to be kidding! I have not checked back on this thread until just now. Wow!

Now I want to know why? Seriously this does not make sense to me.

MEA CULPA!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Okay, I am looking up the sky and seeing PIGS FLYING! :o

http://ambergristoday.blogspot.com/2009/06/john-travolta-cruises-into-belize.html

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/06/miami-based_cruise_ship_carryi.php

http://www.belizeans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26052

I take back everything I said...EXCEPT that I still think it was improper for the cruise line employee to tell the OP...and I think it was disrespectful for the OP to post it here.

But I fully admit that I was WRONG! (Doesn't happen often :p, but when it does, at least I'm not afraid to admit it!) CClurry - you may now enjoy the spectacle of seeing all of us eat a little crow.......

Believe me, 99% of us thought it wasn't true. I have NO idea why he'd go on the Enchantment or why he'd pick THAT ship. Very odd. More power to him though. Must've been fun for the other pax to see him onboard.

PS I don't think it was so horrible for the OP to post it here. What are we gonna do about it? It's not like he was spotted in a restaurant and a bunch of fans and stalkers could go running to the ship to harrass him. :)

Oh, good grief. Yes, it would make perfect sense for him to be on the Enchantment...because that is what he and his family wanted to do.

What is unfortunate is that the cruiseline has an employee who would leak the information out to someone who then chooses to publicize it on the Internet. Not to mention the media who chooses to disclose the information. Who cares whether he was or wasn't. The man was on vacation, which even famous people are allowed to do. It shouldn't mean that others broadcast the information. It also shouldn't cause others to question and/or criticize his choice in vacations.

...stepping off my soap box...

Archived