Getting to Miami Airport

jenvalet

We're leaving on Saturday for our first every cruise (and it's our honeymoon!) What's the best way to get back to the airport from the cruise port? Take a cab? Or do you book a transfer through Carnival? What would it cost either way?

Thanks!!

We're leaving on Saturday for our first every cruise (and it's our honeymoon!) What's the best way to get back to the airport from the cruise port? Take a cab? Or do you book a transfer through Carnival? What would it cost either way?

Thanks!!

I don't know either of the costs, but I would bet that Carnival transfers are cheaper. Something to consider: What time is your flight? (does this impact how you will need to get there, Carnival transfer will be longer as they wait for a full bus)

For the two of us we always take a cab and the cost is around $24.00. The cabs are all lined up right outside of the terminal and you will be at the airport in 20-25 minutes.

With the CCL transfer you may have to sit on the bus until it is full to the max.

Carnival Transfer is $32/person USD but that includes from the airport to the pier before the cruise and then after from the pier to the airport

So I guess its $16/person USD for one way

They also suggest that if you use their services that when you arrive, your flight comes in no later than I THINK 130pm

and when you are flying out, that your flight leaves no earlier than 11:30am (this one I am sure about)

I don't know either of the costs, but I would bet that Carnival transfers are cheaper. Something to consider: What time is your flight? (does this impact how you will need to get there, Carnival transfer will be longer as they wait for a full bus)

CCL transfer is $16.00 p/p if I am not mistaken for a one way to MIA airport.... cheaper to take a cab and not have to wait on the bus to fill up, then wait for driver to unload all luggage before allowing passengers off bus. Flights inbound to MIA day of cruise should not arrive later than 2pm and outbound flights headed home, no earlier than 11:30am, but I suggest 12 noon or later just in case of ship delays at the end of your cruise !

And the Valor offers Luggage Express if you are on a participating airline I fly American.

That service you pay $20pp Carnival prints your boarding pass and luggage tags. You put your luggage out the night before like normal then don't see it again until you get to your home airport.

I always take a taxi from the pier $24 total and a 20 or so minute trip. You go straight though security to your gate.

It's the best thing about cruising out of Miami, but your flight can't be before noonish.

We take a cab because it's the quickest and the easiest, and you don't have to wait around. I think Miami has a set cab fare from port to airport, and as others have said, costs around $20 something.

The taxi fare from the port to MIA is $24 flat rate.

Be careful, if the driver turns on the meter, ask politely, "isn't it a flat fare to the airport".

In April, we hopped in a cab and the sticker on the window has the $24 scratched off. The driver told me turned on the meter then asked for $2 to exit the port. I told him, it would be deducted from the flat fare.

Just to give you some idea of the fares. A taxi from MIA to downtown hotels is $20-25. A taxi from downtown hotel to POM is $7-12.

I guess the flat fare should be about $30 considering there's the $2 port fee. But hey, I didn't make the fares.

if time is not an issue..we take a shared shuttle..on disembarkation

day there are so many option s just waiting outside the terminal..

you can call ahead a reserve a towncar..we made reservation s the week befor and when we arrived in port the following week..the driver was waiting outside the terminal exit to help with our bags..of course this was

in Seattle s Pier 66..but, the driver s strive to be as close to the terminal

as possiible to get you on your was ASAP..

we passed on the transfers cuz sometimes it can take quite a while to fill the bus s..cabs are just as fast as the towncars..but the price differance may not be all that different..your coming back from a honeymoon so splurge:p..and then there s the shared shuttles..though they won t leave till their full also...the fill alot faster than a bus..

Thanks!!

ABSOLUTELY use the cabs!!! Cheap and so efficient.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT use any shuttle service. Waste of time and money.

There will be a line of cabs waiting as you disembark. If you want you can share and even save a few dollars more!

Congratulations!

Archived