HELP! Sign & Sail

sherizel

I had my debit card in my pants pocket, forgot to take it out and I washed my pants last night! It's completely warped and all the numbers are off the back, I think it's ruined. This is the card I used for my sign and sail account when I signed up online. I'm leaving for my cruise tomorrow (yay!) but don't know what to do now. Do they need the actual card to activiate the sign & sail account, do they need to swipe it?

Yes, they need the actual card. I would go to your bank right now and withdraw the cash and put that up on your S&S. Unless you have a CC to secure your account with (which I think is better), then I just pay it off with the cash in my debit account when I get home.

My experience is that they swipe the card.

Perhaps you can contact the CC company, explain what happened and have Carnival make a call to allow use of your account...

Lemme see if I can find a contact number at Carnival for you to call...

:)

Yeah... I think that's the best route... Call the CC company first then contact Guest Services at

305-599-2600 and explain the situation...

They may ask for documentation from your CC company...

Best of luck!!

I agree with the others that say Travelers Checks. It sounds like you planned on basically paying cash (because that is how a debit card it treated on board), you should have the funds in your bank account to withdraw it now and turn it into travelers checks.

I wouldn't mess around with it at this late date. Good Luck.

Take the TC's or cash... I would never suggest using a debit card for your S & S account... too many issues i.e. holds on cards, possible unauthorized charges that will be taken from your account and then to get it corrected....possible over drafts occuring.... too many risks using that debit card and what happened to your card may be a blessing in disguise.

Have a Grrrrrrreat Cruise

Some banks can issue a new debit card on the spot, others have to be ordered from the card company, i.e. visa, matercard. Call your bank and ask. Otherwise a CC or travelers checks are you're best bet.

Archived