Electrical outlets?

ShannonP

Are there any electrical outlets near the beds (when they're pushed together as a king)?

I'm wondering if I can just bring my tiny electric alarm clock instead of buying a travel alarm clock that I'll never use again??

Are there any electrical outlets near the beds (when they're pushed together as a king)?

I'm wondering if I can just bring my tiny electric alarm clock instead of buying a travel alarm clock that I'll never use again??

I believe there are only two outlets in a cabin. One in the bathroom over the mirror (at least I think on most ships) and the other near the dressing table.

No. Take your cell phone. Set it for manual time zone changes.

Unless you're in a suite the answer is no.

The electrical outlet is normally located just above the desk:

IMG_1353.jpg

ARRRGHHH I finally beat you to the scoop and what do you do....through up a nice big pic of a plug.....LOL

I'm assuming your machine has the typical 5-6 ft. cord. I'm thinking you should bring a 10 ft. cord, with ground, of course, to reach your bed. Bringinga power strip of some sort wouldn't hurt either.;)

I'm assuming your machine has the typical 5-6 ft. cord. I'm thinking you should bring a 10 ft. cord, with ground, of course, to reach your bed. Bringinga power strip of some sort wouldn't hurt either.;)

Good idea as there is only the one plug.

I already bought two of those Belkin 3 port power adapters that have the two USB plugs. I just need a cord for the CPAP from there. With 6 of us going I really want 6 carry-ons and 2 large checked bags.

Others have reported electric clocks run slow due to power fluctuations on ship.

No. Take your cell phone. Set it for manual time zone changes.

Good suggestion if your phone has the setting. Mine does not and the ships time zone and mine did not match a lot of the time.

Good suggestion if your phone has the setting. Mine does not and the ships time zone and mine did not match a lot of the time.

You have a cellphone that automatically changes time? Unbelievable! Which make model is this? Maybe you can keep the phone from connecting to the network totally?

Just set a wake up call thru the phone in your cabin. We used it everyday on our cruise and never had any problems.

Why bring a longer cord? If you are using it to get up set the clock by the plug and just get up to turn it off since that is what you are using it for.

You have a cellphone that automatically changes time? Unbelievable! Which make model is this? Maybe you can keep the phone from connecting to the network totally?

Cell phones don't automatically change time... the time changes as the phone registers with new cell phone towers as you travel.

If you set your phone in 'airplane' mode it won't communicate at all and the time will remain the same.

Most often the ship will remain on homeport time so adjustments will need to be made for ports...

:)

ARRRGHHH I finally beat you to the scoop and what do you do....through up a nice big pic of a plug.....LOL

It took me a second to find the pic...

I try to take pictures of EVERYTHING but I recently discovered that I'm lacking!! There's a thread about controlling temperature in the cabin and I have NEVER taken a shot of the air flow control on the ceiling!! FOO!!

That's one for the list on the next cruise...

:)

.....Cell phones don't automatically change time... the time changes as the phone registers with new cell phone towers as you travel. If you set your phone in 'airplane' mode it won't communicate at all and the time will remain the same. Most often the ship will remain on homeport time so adjustments will need to be made for ports..

Thats exactly what I mean.

How far from the plug to the side of the bed. I have a CPAP and want to take as short of a cord as I can. TIA

I take a surge protector with several outlets and a 6' extension cord. I duct tape the extension cord from the dressing table to the nightstand and connect my CPAP. In the mornings, I dump out the water, unplug the CPAP and place in the compartment under the night stand.

There IS an outlet behind the bed, it doesn't look conventional, and I have never tried to figure out the plug type (Never thought to take a picture). I don't want to take any chances in blowing out my CPAP machine.

There are two ways around this:

1) Put the alarm clock on the desk near the electrical outlet. Since the reason for an alarm clock is to wake you up, having to get up to turn it off should not be a problem.

2) Buy an extension cord. It should cost less than a travel alarm clock.

If all else fails, travel more, so you don't feel like you wasted any money on the travel alarm clock. :)

Archived