Nachi Cocum reviews

lass01

Hi,

I've been reading some terrific reviews about Nachi Cocum and have decided that We'd like to go there. We will be on the Freedom of the seas arriving at Cozumel on January 15th from 10am to 7pm. I have heard that they close at 5pm. So depending on what time we get off the ship will it be worth our while to buy the AI?

Also, would we be able to see the Mayan Ruins on the way back to the ship? If that's not possible can someone suggest a plan for the beach for a couple of hours then see the ruins?

I was hoping someone could also tell me the name of the pier RCCL docks at and how much it will cost to get to there and approximatly how long the ride takes?

Sorry for all the questions I have never been to Cozumel and those are the two main things I'd like to do:)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Liz

I was just at Nachi this past Saturday. It was ABSOLUTELY beautiful. :D Jeffers (sp??) was our waiter for the day...really sweet man and did a great job in keeping our thirsts quenched all day...even gave me DH a Corona for the taxi ride back.

DH & I did the snorkeling...it was awesome. Banjo & Pepi did a great job as our guides. Our friends did the parasailing and really enjoyed that. Later in the afternoon we rented the mats and just floated around.

The food was really good. Although they weren't on the menu, I requested fish tacos and Jeffers said "no problem." They were spicy but very good. We got the nachos with it and the salsa was fresh...yum! Never had "authentic" mexican food but thought it was very good.

If anyone has questions, just post and I will be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Hi,

I've been reading some terrific reviews about Nachi Cocum and have decided that We'd like to go there. We will be on the Freedom of the seas arriving at Cozumel on January 15th from 10am to 7pm. I have heard that they close at 5pm. So depending on what time we get off the ship will it be worth our while to buy the AI?

Absolutely. Our ship docked at the same time and we had plenty of time to enjoy Nachi. They do close at 5 p.m. It was all but 5 p.m. when we left to go back to the ship. We arrived a little after 11 a.m.

Also, would we be able to see the Mayan Ruins on the way back to the ship? If that's not possible can someone suggest a plan for the beach for a couple of hours then see the ruins?

We didn't see any ruins on the way. Unfortunately, I can't help you with a plan to see them AND do the beach.

I was hoping someone could also tell me the name of the pier RCCL docks at and how much it will cost to get to there and approximatly how long the ride takes?

RCCL docks at the International Pier. The taxi ride to and from was $15.00 each way. We just split the cost with our friends.

Sorry for all the questions I have never been to Cozumel and those are the two main things I'd like to do:)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Liz

I have a few questions about Nachi Cocom:

:)How much for the taxi ride to and from?

;)How long does it take to get from the pier to Nachi Cocum?

:DDoes it take long to get a taxi back to the pier?

:eek:And does $49 really cover anything and everything you want to drink and eat?

Looking at their website and hearing great reviews, I'm pretty sure I'll be soaking up the sun there in February!

Thanks for answering!

Lynn

I have a few questions about Nachi Cocom:

:)How much for the taxi ride to and from?

$15.00 one way (this is for a group of 4)

;)How long does it take to get from the pier to Nachi Cocum?

15-20 minutes.

:DDoes it take long to get a taxi back to the pier?

Nope. 5 minutes tops.

:eek:And does $49 really cover anything and everything you want to drink and eat?

Yes!!

Looking at their website and hearing great reviews, I'm pretty sure I'll be soaking up the sun there in February!

Thanks for answering!

Lynn

i have a few questions about nachi cocom:

:)how much for the taxi ride to and from?

$15.00 one way (this is for a group of 4)

;)how long does it take to get from the pier to nachi cocum?

15-20 minutes.

:ddoes it take long to get a taxi back to the pier?

nope. 5 minutes tops.

:eek:and does $49 really cover anything and everything you want to drink and eat?

yes!!

looking at their website and hearing great reviews, i'm pretty sure i'll be soaking up the sun there in february!

Thanks for answering!

Lynn

awesome!!!!!

Do you need to pre-book (pay) Nachi Cocum and if so, who do you go thru? My niece and I got ripped off by pre-paying thru Tour Cozumel for Mr. Sancho's, so I'm a little hesitant to prepay for anything. We are going in mid-July, so I'd love information on booking Nachi Cocum.

when you are ready to leave, they have taxis waiting up by the road. your server will call and have one waiting at the entrance.

we just got up and started getting our stuff together and the server came over to tell us he had a taxi waiting for us...very easy and very nice.

you get a reservations by going through:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

you send an email, using the form at the bottom of this website, they will send you a email for a link to a secure page. there you give them a credit card for the deposit only. the rest is paid at NC in cash..no credit cards.

yes, the cost really does cover all the drinks/food. the portions of the platters are so large most people can't eat as much as they think. we had 1 app and 1 entre...for 2 people, i was full. did order another entree of the grilled shrimp, just to try it (excellent!)

We're booked for Nachi Cocom on August 27th (cruising on the Inspiration). We received the confirmation email three days ago but have yet to see any charge on the credit card. Was this the case for any of you?

We're booked for Nachi Cocom on August 27th (cruising on the Inspiration). We received the confirmation email three days ago but have yet to see any charge on the credit card. Was this the case for any of you?

Hi smile- I don't remember when we saw the charge on our card. We will also be at Nachi on August 27th (cruising RCI Liberty). Can't wait, heard so much good about Nachi!

How much extra over the $49 was the snorkeling?

Sounds like you just did the excursion on your own?

Thanks.

Yes, we made the reservations on our own...this is not an excursion booked through the cruise ship. Here's the link to more information and where you can book if interested...http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

The snorkeling was an extra $38/person but well worth it!

Yes, we made the reservations on our own...this is not an excursion booked through the cruise ship. Here's the link to more information and where you can book if interested...http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

The snorkeling was an extra $38/person but well worth it!

What does the $38/person for snorkeling cover? Do they take you out on a boat somewhere? DH and I have our own snorkeling gear, so we wouldn't need to rent.

the beach, at NC, is sandy...not good for snorkeling..no plant life or coral for the fish. yes, the snorkeling takes a boat out to some reefs. if you don't want to book before hand, there is a man (walks the beach area) that will arrange one for you. the boats use a small dock at the beach.

271034223_clearwater.jpg.31ff192236ef900562030eba6ac589c9.jpg

Yep...the boat takes you to Planacar and Columbia reefs. The crew offers bottled water and soda on board. All of your snorkeling gear is provided including a inflatable vest. I guess you could use your own gear but I'm not sure if that would change the cost of the trip. Including the travel time out and back, the trip lasts for about 2 hrs. Banjo and Pepi are awesome guides. Pepi took my waterpoof camera and was able to dive deeper to get a better shot of some of the ocean creatures for me. He also took a shot of me underwater...pretty cool.

Archived