Nachi Cocum reviews

lass01

I tried emailing them and within ten minutes I received an email back with availability for our date!!!! YEA!!! I filled out the credit card info and sent it back.

Now . . . how long until I get my official confirmation??? Do I need to print anything out to take with me to Nachi Cocum or will our names be at the door/gate for us to check in?

Sorry so many questions and so little time!! :confused:

Thanks again! :D

Daughter and I were there last Wed. There were at best 20 people there- us from Enchantment, a couple from Carnival, a couple from Texas staying on island, and locals. We felt like we had a private Caribbean beach to ourselves. Carlos was amazing. Pina coladas all day. I had a 30 min massage and it was excellent. I wish I had booked the hour. We rented one snorkel and one mattress for the sea- daughter saw lots of fish and foam mattress was super relaxing. I thank trip advisor and cruise critic for this suggestion- best time of the cruise. I tipped at the beginning, also when Carlos got the snorkel equipment I asked for, and at the end, but I tip when I get good service and he deserved it. I wish I could have stayed all day.

The couple from Texas were friends of mine (old college buddy) I told them about Nachi and they loved it.

I didn't even know they had snorkle equipment available, I cannot wait!!!

I tried emailing them and within ten minutes I received an email back with availability for our date!!!! YEA!!! I filled out the credit card info and sent it back.

Now . . . how long until I get my official confirmation??? Do I need to print anything out to take with me to Nachi Cocum or will our names be at the door/gate for us to check in?

Sorry so many questions and so little time!! :confused:

Thanks again! :D

we were told to print out our confirmation email, in case the taxi driver asked to see it or in case nachi didn't have it.

the taxi driver DID ask to see it....and nachi did have us on their list.

some taxi driver won't take you to nachi without knowing you have reservations.

I have read in numerous locations on this site - that Island Marketing has issues with paying the resorts so I would be careful with credit card info!!!:eek:

I sent an email directly to http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

It's not Island Marketing. It's a different company and a different resort. I have not read a single bad comment about Island Marketing failing to pay on Cozumel or any of the other locations I've seen (they have operations in a number of Caribbean resorts).

I don't know if you can book direct with Nachi or not.

I apologize - that is TOUR COZUMEL that does not pay -

I know I have read a few complaints against Island Marketing - but I don't think it was for non payment .... got the 2 mixed up SORRY!!!

It's not Island Marketing. It's a different company and a different resort. I have not read a single bad comment about Island Marketing failing to pay on Cozumel or any of the other locations I've seen (they have operations in a number of Caribbean resorts).

I don't know if you can book direct with Nachi or not.

Thanks Silver - I know - I caught it afterwards ... I had the 2 written down on the same sheet of paper while researching, and mixed them up.

The Nachi website had a "contact us" box - which I sent a note to about an hour ago - I have not heard back yet.

galyebd:You will love Nachi Cocum I have been there numerous times,and its a wonderful place to spend the day.Island marketing is the best,I have also saw the things about tour cozumel and would never book with them,but island marketing is a great company.Have fun,we'll be back this October.

Kimberley

galyebd:You will love Nachi Cocum I have been there numerous times,and its a wonderful place to spend the day.Island marketing is the best,I have also saw the things about tour cozumel and would never book with them,but island marketing is a great company.Have fun,we'll be back this October.

Kimberley

Thanks Kimberly! I am looking forward to it.

I sent a note to Island as well - and will book once I get an email from either.

I am looking forward to parasailing and then a nice massage on the beach!

Cheaper than the spa :D

Gayle

We were at Nachi Cocom on Tuesday, and I would have stayed forever if possible. Very light on people, and most were families like us. The kids had a blast! We picked up, well, dove for, several sand dollars just out by the boundary rope. It's about 12-15 feet there. The water does drop off pretty quick. We rented the air mattresses for $3, but they had the blue mats for $7. They brought us sand toys for free. The pool was the nicest I've seen. DH and DDs took a banana boat ride for $15 each. This will be the only place I ever want to go in Cozumel! I found it pleasantly surprising that there were no sea gulls!

The Nachi website had a "contact us" box - which I sent a note to about an hour ago - I have not heard back yet.

you won't hear from that website...don't know why they have that "contact us" box. everything is done through island marketing:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

the nachi website is good for seeing what to expect, including the menu :D

We were at Nachi Cocom on Tuesday, and I would have stayed forever if possible. Very light on people, and most were families like us. The kids had a blast! We picked up, well, dove for, several sand dollars just out by the boundary rope. It's about 12-15 feet there. The water does drop off pretty quick. We rented the air mattresses for $3, but they had the blue mats for $7. They brought us sand toys for free. The pool was the nicest I've seen. DH and DDs took a banana boat ride for $15 each. This will be the only place I ever want to go in Cozumel! I found it pleasantly surprising that there were no sea gulls!

perfect!! only a few weeks until I'm there!

you won't hear from that website...don't know why they have that "contact us" box. everything is done through island marketing:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

the nachi website is good for seeing what to expect, including the menu :D

Yes, Nachis website is old and not maintained, or monitored so don't expect a reply from there. Stick with Island Marketing. Thats why it still has lobster on the menu, but it's not really available. I am going to rent snorkle equipment and look for my own lobster for them to cook. (wishful thinking)

I felt like I was in the Corona beer ad. Nice beach, bucket of Corona, smoking a Cuban cigar that the beach vendor sold me, relaxing in a beach chair under a straw umbrella.

Service was fantastic.

The grilled fish was better than most of the meals on my RCCL cruise ship! Did not see the lobster but if I would have thought of it, I would have tried the fish taco's as well.

I can not remember better chocolate ice cream anywhere.

The salsa was great with some real flavor and kick.

Freshwater pool on the beach that is connected to the bar.

Kids had a blast.

Taxi ride was $15 each way, no wait to get back.

The ribs were great,the fajita's looked delicious and the naucho's were awesome,I know there were other things that were not fish.I'm trying to find the menu.If you e-mail Island marketing they will send you a menu.I love Nachi,its just a great place to spend your day.

OK, speaking of food...exactly how does the meal work? There is a menu, so why is there a picture of a buffet? Which is it? And if we go early, as soon as we dock say, could we get appetizers & drinks right away or what is their time frame? If we want a massage or try parasailing, how do we fit that in? Details, please.

OK, speaking of food...exactly how does the meal work? There is a menu, so why is there a picture of a buffet? Which is it? And if we go early, as soon as we dock say, could we get appetizers & drinks right away or what is their time frame? If we want a massage or try parasailing, how do we fit that in? Details, please.

I believe Nachi used to have a buffet in the past, but now they cook your selection to order, when you order it. You can get drinks starting at 10am if I remember right, and the kitchen opens at 11am. The beach opens at 9. I haven't gone yet (going in 2 weeks!) but I've been following all the posts and I think that's all correct. As far as a massage or parasailing, there's usually someone who goes around offering these services when you first arrive, so I'm sure they give you options as to when you would like to schedule the activity.

If you are an early riser and the idea of having first pick of perfect palapas for you and your bag of books, getting to the resort at nine is actually quite wonderful. We were shown to an absolutely empty beach, first to arrive for the day. Yes, the bar doesn't open until ten, but that first hour, pretty much alone with a beautiful view and a cool breeze was perhaps my favorite.

Archived