Nachi Cocum reviews

lass01

The most relaxing, gorgeous place.. There were four of us myself, husband and two daughters (18 and 20).. They wait on you hand and foot and are always asking if you need another drink. The ocean is perfect and the pool is so nice too. It has a swim up bar so you can stay in the pool and order what ever you want.. The food was delicious.. We couldn't even eat the 3 meals they offered. The nacho's were very good and I don't even like guacamole but it was the best I have ever had.. Our waiter Carlos was so nice and always seeing if we needed anything.. Myself and daughters did the 30 minute massage and it was very good also.

Overall I would definately go back again.. We were a little concerned we would be bored but we were sad when the time came that we needed to leave because it was just so nice and relaxing..

I would highly recommend N.C. for a quiet day on the beach.

We went there last year. We loved it...it's very nice and actually quite quiet. Not really a big party place. We did not make reservations because our ship was the only one in port. Everyone there was from our ship and we all hung out at the pool. Several people from our roll call were there and we had a great time. I would say make reservations if there will be other ships in port the same day you are there.

We gave our waiter and bartender extra tips because we did make them earn their keep that day, if you know what I mean!:D The food was pretty good, too. I got the massage and loved that. It's so relaxing lying there getting your massage, listening to the waves and feeling the cool breeze...ahhhhh...I could use one of those massages right now!

We were there in 11/08 and wonderful. We are going back in 01/10.

FYI...if you want to do any of the extras offered on the website (snorkel, parasail, etc.) Prebook as the prices are higher once you get there. My DH and a few from our group did the snorkel and loved it. I did the massage while they were gone and it was H E A V E N.

Time went by sooo quick. It did not even seem like we were there that long.

BTW, you wouldn't think this, but the cheese sticks appetizer were the best cheese sticks I have ever had. The guacamole was awesome.

My husband and I was there in July. It was absolutely amazing! Beautiful, serene, clean all for the most relaxing day that I didn't want to end. Each person is assigned a palapa and you can sit in your chair all day and be waited on if you choose. Your waiter will bring your drinks and a menu right away. My husband and I ordered chips and salsa and guacamole and fried cheese as soon as we arrived and of course drinks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=127687&stc=1&d=1249924328

The pool and the hot-tub both have a swim up bar. The bartenders are fun to talk to. We had Corona's, Dos XX, margarita's, sex on the beach, bahama mamma's, pina coloda's and I think that's about it!! We ordered fajitas and cognac grilled shrimp for our entree and it was so delicious. You can order and eat at your palapa or at the bar or at the table. We ate at our palapa. We never did order desert. I guess we were so full from the entree's and drinks! O and BTW, the restrooms are clean.

attachment.php?attachmentid=127688&stc=1&d=1249924435

We hadn't booked any excursions in advance but a guy came by and offered us everything under the sun (for a fee)! We booked a tandem parasail for $120.00. Apparently that is a lot more than others have paid on this board so I guess I got taken on that one!! It was an awesome experience that I have always wanted to do. I am happy that I did it and don't care if I ever do it again. It was so fun but if you've done it once...you've done it enough...imho.

attachment.php?attachmentid=127737&stc=1&d=1249933313

We also rented a mat to float in the water for $6. Talk about relaxing!

And one of my favorite things of the day was my 30 min $40.00 massage by Ingram. I have paid high dollar for a massage not near as awesome as the one I got from Ingrid and I don't blame that on the alcohol. You MUST get a massage. It is the best!

attachment.php?attachmentid=127689&stc=1&d=1249924514

Please remember to tip your waiter. They walk back and forth through the sand all day and wait on you hand and foot. It is a tough job. We tipped our waiter, the bartender and Ingrid. They were all wonderful!

I did notice on the way in that the signs they have indicate that the $49 pp price is "tips included"". Of course, we were pleased with the service and were happy to tip our waiter. But, just an interesting observation...

good observation! I did not notice that. But still...I would feel quilty if I didn't tip.

Reservations for Nachi have been made and it's dayum hard to wait these 81 days until sailing! It's going to be so nice laying out in the warmth and sun, drink in hand, being waited on.... so much different than my usual life in Kansas City in late October/early November! Brrrrrr....

Thanks to all who have posted about Nachi, I really appreciate hearing all the reviews and helpful tidbits.

Marie

We spent this past Friday at Nachi Cocum. Oh my...what a fabulous place. Too beautiful for words.

As we were laying on the beach, my son pointed to the boat dock. There is a gold cross upon it that I assume they use to tie up the glass bottom boat? My DS pointed to the cross and said, "see, we are in heaven!"

We spent this past Friday at Nachi Cocum. Oh my...what a fabulous place. Too beautiful for words.

As we were laying on the beach, my son pointed to the boat dock. There is a gold cross upon it that I assume they use to tie up the glass bottom boat? My DS pointed to the cross and said, "see, we are in heaven!"

I have to agree with your son,Nachi is one of my most favorite places on earth.

rockinfla: we did reserve ahead of time. They asked us right away if we had a reservation. Don't know what would have happened if we didn't have one. I do know that the low number of guests is what made it even more spectacular. We counted approx. 25-30 people.

Somewhere around the same time that Carlos brought me my bazillionth drink, I decided I needed him to move home with us. I actually hugged the poor man goodbye. :o

We ended up doing none of the activities available because just playing in the water and hanging out together really made it perfect. At one point, DH fell asleep and DS and I went to the pool, then swung in hammocks for a while.

I would go back in a second and feel it was worth every penny.

We were at Nachi last Wednesday. Carlos was our waiter. Great guy. Made reservations & deposit beforehand. Ingrid massage $65 for one hour. Also great. Things got a little fuzzy from there on out. I do remember really good food, which we were really not expecting and the drinks were far from watered down. The setting is ideal. Not crowded at all. Taxi $15 each way. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Absolutely fabulous! We were there the week before last. I would go back in a heartbeat! It was one of my favorite days EVER on a cruise and I've been on 10 cruises! The food was really good, the drinks were yummy - not watered down at all. It is very relaxing and uncrowded. We brought our own masks/snorkels and just swam around out from the beach. You won't see anything great that way, but we saw a few little places with quite a few fish - some very pretty ones. It was enough for us, but you can also do a snorkel tour from the beach there. We just couldn't give up any of that wonderful beach time! We really wanted to do the banana boat ride, but again - we just couldn't get up the energy to do anything but relax.

We did reserve ahead of time and they did ask us as soon as we got out of the taxi if we had a reservation. Getting a taxi back was not a problem - our waiter had one waiting for us when we were ready to go. I will say that I was glad I had read a couple of reviews saying "don't worry when you see the entrance - it doesn't look like much". After passing all the other beaches with the colorful signs and buildings, I would have been worried when we got to Nachi if I hadn't read those reviews! Once you get inside, though - it is wonderful!!

Obviously the deposit is non-refundable...but if the ship doesn't dock or the weather is bad what happens then?

When you book through the website you will get a confirmation email with all the cancellation information. If the ship can't dock, obviously they will know. Just email them and they will refund the deposit to your credit card. This happened to us with the swine flu scare back in May. We were supposed to go to Cozumel and had booked Nachi, but ended up going to Belize instead.

No you don't get refunded,you still better go because they will charge you.The only way to get refunded is if the ship doesn't go there.If it rains they have little huts and a big dome over the eating part,I know it won't be to much fun,but business is business.

Archived