Nachi Cocum reviews

lass01

Just returned from spending a great day on Nachi. Found it a little tricky getting out of the ocean due to the sinking sand. Food was good. Nothing served until noon their time which was 1:00 our time. Beach area nice but not outstanding imho. A little discussion when we first arrived as they wanted to put us way down the beach when there were plenty of open places closer. Didn't get drinks offered very often. Usually had to go to bar. Different than what Iheard on the boards about the attentive waiters.

I'm always a little nervous about eating and drinking in Mexico...especially since I got sick fron fish tacos in Ensenada on a cruise!

I'm assuming from all of these great reviews that nobody has gotten sick from the food or water at this place? I'm always nervous about the water, including ice and water used for cooking/washing food and veggies.

Just tell me I'm worrying about nothing, and I will feel better!

Thanks,

Maureen

don't compare the cozumel with mainland mexico..totally different.

cozumel has a better water system, but besides that they have been very tourist friendly for a long time.

yes, we ate, drink in cozumel with no problems. many of the resorts use bottled water for the ice. usual warning is to not eat anything that hasn't been cooked..but at nachi, i would worry about that..they take great care in the food prep.

My husband and our two kids will be there on Wed(9/30) We booked with no problems from the island marketing place. I am looking forward to a massage and just the relaxation. All the pictures I have seen remind me of the Corona ads, beautiful! Will post a review when we get back!

The DW and I just got back from NC a week or so ago and LOVED it!!!! We did the snorkeling trip through Island Marketing too and loved it. The guide even dove down to get us an up close picture of a sea turtle. Definitely a beautiful place, and it is a must stop on the next stop in Cozumel.

MK, it definitely feels like a Corona commercial, maybe that is why i drank corona all day. :D

18124196_Cruise030.jpg.373b7e65399b788dadb554d90a3c2df5.jpg

2044900750_Cruise033.jpg.4d4d07ddcfab2f8d6218e0dd57cf4944.jpg

40282521_Cruise041.jpg.4b4990c7d01e8e0c965bbbcbd1e89490.jpg

If we are following all of the comments correctly, it appears that is best to book online before the cruise. Correct? We noticed the limit of 100 persons per day...and we won't arrive until after 1 PM.

I felt safer booking ahead of time just so I'm at ease knowing there will be a spot on the beach available. I have read of people just showing up and having no problems getting in there as well. I suppose it's what you feel comfortable with.

It also depends one when you will be there too and how many ships will be in port that day.

best of luck!

The DW and I just got back from NC a week or so ago and LOVED it!!!! We did the snorkeling trip through Island Marketing too and loved it. The guide even dove down to get us an up close picture of a sea turtle. Definitely a beautiful place, and it is a must stop on the next stop in Cozumel.

MK, it definitely feels like a Corona commercial, maybe that is why i drank corona all day. :D

Thank you for your beautiful pictures. We've been to Nachi a few times over the years but never when we had to pay to get on. We use to go and just pay for the chairs and pay for our drinks/food as we ordered. Always ate on the beach. So nice.

Anyway, we just paid for the 5 of us for our August 2010 trip :) through IslandMarketing.

Is it correct, they limited to 100 people at Nachi?

Also, my dd and her friend would like to parasail but I didn't sign up on IslandMarketing website. Did you happen to see if people were able to just go and purchase while they were there? Thank you very much.

Does anyone know, can one easily rent waverunners or sign up for parasailing right from the beach at NC? Anybody know about pricing? Thanks!

Oops, I just asked this same question for my daughter who is celebrating her Sweet 16 too!

yes you can purchase the use of wave runners and parasailing when you get to Nachi,I have not done it but there is someone that came around asking.I have heard it is cheaper to pre-purchase parasailing,don't know for sure.Yes only 100 people a day in Nachi.I have never seen it even close to this and hope I never do.Sssshhhhh its our secret......

yes you can purchase the use of wave runners and parasailing when you get to Nachi,I have not done it but there is someone that came around asking.I have heard it is cheaper to pre-purchase parasailing,don't know for sure.Yes only 100 people a day in Nachi.I have never seen it even close to this and hope I never do.Sssshhhhh its our secret......

Thanks! Sounds like it's best to prepay those things when booking the day. Good to know.

My DH and I really, REALLY want to do NC but with 3 girls (13, 15, 16) I hope they will have as good a time there as they might at Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach sounds like it might be an extension of the cruise ship and not as relaxing as NC, you know? I could be wrong. The girls should be happy at NC with parasailing and waverunners and of course, with each other. :)

You can pre-book your extra activities on line if you want, but there will be a guy coming around asking you if you want to do things. He will quote you a price, but you can talk him down on the prices. My husband had the price down to $50.00 for the parasailing, but then I changed my mind. Just keep that in mind.

We were at Nachi this past Tuesday, Sept 22. Everything was great. We were served food whenever we wanted, didn't have to wait until 12:00. I don't know what happened with the previous poster. Our waiter, Carlos, was very attentive. He waited on us hand and foot. Even brought our drinks right to the edge of the water. All we had to do was wade up to the sand. I'm not sure we even had to order each round. He just kept us supplied with whatever our drink of choice was. It is well worth the $49. The most people I have seen there has been 25-30. Very relaxing. We will be returning on our Triumph cruise in Feb 2010.

We were at Nachi this past Tuesday, Sept 22. Everything was great. We were served food whenever we wanted, didn't have to wait until 12:00. I don't know what happened with the previous poster. Our waiter, Carlos, was very attentive. He waited on us hand and foot. Even brought our drinks right to the edge of the water. All we had to do was wade up to the sand. I'm not sure we even had to order each round. He just kept us supplied with whatever our drink of choice was. It is well worth the $49. The most people I have seen there has been 25-30. Very relaxing. We will be returning on our Triumph cruise in Feb 2010.

My family and I had a similar experience when we were there in July. Carlos was fantastic and waited on us hand and foot, as well. Jose at the bar also kept the drinks flowing when he saw any of us approaching, including the kids. It always means a lot to me to see people treat my children well. We are headed back to Nachi (without the little ones this time) in less than two weeks on the Valor (10/9) I can't wait and hope that Carlos and Jose will be working that day.

Again, there were about 25 to 30 people there that day. It felt like we had the place to ourselves.

The food was really good overall. I had the chicken fajitas, which were fantastic. If you like the fajitas at your local Mexican restaurant, you should be pleased with those at Nachi. I think that your opinion of the food may vary based on what you order, really. Also, as was mentioned earlier, if you don't want mayonnaise on your hot dog, be sure to order it specifically without.

The property itself is beautiful. The beach is nice but cannot compare to the calm, crystal clear waters of Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas, but you just can't find beaches like that in Cozumel, I'm told.

The other posters are right about children at Nachi. If they can entertain themselves without all the water toys, they should enjoy their day at Nachi. Otherwise, you may want to go somewhere else. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that children receive a significant discount. I think I paid $12 each for mine, and they definitely got a great value for the money in fruit smoothies alone.

I also saw the sign that said tips were included, but I tipped both Carlos and Jose $10 each extra for service to myself and two children. I felt that they deserved more, but I was unfortunately short on funds. My mom and sister also tipped them, although I don't know how much.

Could I hear from a few more people about how you handled the tip situation? Like I said, we'll be back in less than two weeks. Can't wait!

So from reading the reviews, mats/floats are not included in the price and neither are snorkeling equipment?

I just want to be sure I go prepared.

Also, do you have to book in advance or can you just show up?

For those of you that have been there in Feb. or March was the water warm enough to swim?

I have been to Cozumel twice in March and we got in the water both times and also did the banana boat. The weather was beautiful and we loved Nachi. I am headed back there in November.

Archived