Nachi Cocum reviews

lass01

I definitely understand business and that is why I'm asking. From other posts I was thinking that if you decided not to go (due to weather,something better coming up, or changing your mind etc.) that all they charged you for was the deposit that you had put on a credit card. That just didn't make sense, especially with the 100 person maximum.

No you don't get refunded,you still better go because they will charge you.The only way to get refunded is if the ship doesn't go there.If it rains they have little huts and a big dome over the eating part,I know it won't be to much fun,but business is business.

The $12 deposit goes to Island Marketing and essentially is their commission for promoting the club. The only money that Nachi Cocom sees is the remaining $37 if and when you show up. If you don't show, they don't get paid, but they also don't have any way to bill you either. If they handled their own bookings, they wouldn't need Island Marketing.

Hmmmmm??I asked this question to the booking company and was told we would still be charged if it was bad weather,the only way it is not charged is if the ship doesn't stop there.I do see your point though...when we were there in April we had to pay cash for the remainder of our balance,no credit cards are taken.Oh well i'm going come rain or shine...we'll be there in one month!!!!:D

The $12 deposit goes to Island Marketing and essentially is their commission for promoting the club. The only money that Nachi Cocom sees is the remaining $37 if and when you show up. If you don't show, they don't get paid, but they also don't have any way to bill you either. If they handled their own bookings, they wouldn't need Island Marketing.
This makes sense, you haven't given a credit card or authorization to Nachi Cocom.

Mylove, maybe this is Island Marketings way to encourage you to go there even if the weather stinks.

Still..it's not the best way to do business at all. good for me, good for Island Mrktng, but lousy for Nachi.

With all the great reviews I have read for this place, it sounds absolutely wonderful!!! I have booked this for us for October 9th and can't wait. Will most likely be getting a massage and doing the parasailing, which I have always wanted to do. I have even asked questions through their live help and gotten all my questions answered. Can't wait.

Bevie.

I did notice on the way in that the signs they have indicate that the $49 pp price is "tips included"". Of course, we were pleased with the service and were happy to tip our waiter. But, just an interesting observation...

Yes the price does include the tip, but we gave the bartender and our waiter an extra tip because they worked so hard. Our waiter called a cab for us at the end of the day and when it arrived, some other people tried to get in and he made them wait. It really is a wonderful day and we plan to go back the next time we're in Cozumel.

Hey all,

I will be going to Nachi on Oct 3rd and was reading a review from another CCer and she said she went to some place to eat on Cozumel and had a horrible fly encounter. She said they tried everything they could to keep the flies away but couldn't.

With all the food at Nachi that is given to us will we have that problem?

Has anyone had a problem with flies there??

Robert and Melissa

Great reviews, I'm sold, just curious if anyone has tried the scuba tour at Nachi? My 22 yr.old son would be very interested. Also, it looks like the scuba tour goes to the same reef as the snorkel tour which my husband would like, sweet something for everyone :D!

Hi there!

A few questions...

1) Anyone know where I can find an online menu? I know my hubby will eat everything and anything... me, on the other hand, I'm very picky, haha.

2) Did you feel safe taking a taxi cab there? I've never taken a cab like that... just a little anxious, haha.

3) Our cruise is in March 2010, is it too early to book or can we do it now?

Thanks!

From their website, here is the menu

APPETIZERS

FRENCH FRIES

Crispy and salty.

NACHOS

Served with guacamole, pico de gallo & jalapenos.

GUACAMOLE

Original recipe, with onions, tomato, coriander and lemon.

CHEESE FINGERS

Crispy and golden fried portions of cheese, served with French dressing.

QUESADILLAS

Served with guacamole, choose between green or red tomato sauce.

CHICKEN FRY TACOS

Delicious golden fried tacos, stuffed with chicken, topped with sour cream, cheese and lettuce.

CHICKEN WINGS

Discover why they envy us!. Served with hot sauce or French dressing.

CHICKEN LEGS KENTUCKY STYLE

Here is the reason why the Colonel visited Cozumel so many times. Served with French dressing.

BABY BACK RIBS

Enjoy a delicious B.B.Q. Sauce, it is our secret recipe!

SOUPS

CHICKEN SOUP

Generous portion of chicken consomme, served with rice.

SEA FOOD SOUP

We don't have words for this, you need to try this SPECIAL of the house. Seasoned with Pernod.

SANDWICHES

HOTDOGS

With French fries.

CLUB SANDWICH

Delicious combination of bacon, cheese, ham and chicken, served with French fries.

BURGER

Prime quality beef, with or without cheese, served with French fries.

FAJITAS

BEEF FAJITAS

Strips of prime beef, grilled with onions and green peppers Served with guacamole, retried beans and flour tortillas.

CHICKEN FAJITAS

Strips of chicken tender breast, grilled with onions and green peppers Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.

SHRIMP FAJITAS

We use only the freshest shrimps in this dish!. Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.

COMBO FAJITAS

Awesome combination: Strips of prime beef, tender chicken breast and shrimp. Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.

SEA FOOD

"WE ARE PROUD OF THE FRESHNESS OF OUR FISH AND SEAFOOD"

FISH FILET PREPARED TO YOUR TASTE

Your choice: Grilled with butter, .garlic, Yucatecan style, breaded or fine herbs Served with rice and sauteed vegetables.

SHRIMPS PREPARED TO YOUR TASTE

Your choice: Grilled with butter, .garlic, breaded, hot pepper or rolled with bacon Served with rice and sauteed vegetables.

SHRIMP WITH RICE

Shrimp mixed with rice AWESOME !!! Seasoned with white wine sauce.

GRILLED ASSORTED SEAFOOD PLATTER

Grilled combination: Shrimp, Octopus, Squid and fish.

LOBSTER TAIL PREPARED AT YOUR TASTE

You are the cook: Grilled with butter, hot pepper or garlic. Served with rice and sauteed vegetables.

SEAFOOD COCKTAILS & CEVICHES

CONCH

Cozumel is not only famous by her beach, sun and palm's, here is the proof.

SHRIMP

Fresh and delicious, the perfect way to tan.

MIXED

Delicious combination of shrimp, conch, octopus and squid.

DRINKS

"QUALITY IS OUR COMMITMENT"

Soft Drinks

Purified Water

Lemonade

Iced Tea

Fruit Juice

Beer (Corona, XX, Sol, Tecate, Modelo)

Cheladas & Micheladas

Rum Bacardi

Rum Solera

Brandy Presidente

Brandy Don Pedro

Vodka Smirnoff

Vodka Wiborowa

Vodka ABSOLUT

Gin Gelbey's

Tequila Herradura Gold

Tequila Hornitos Young & Gold

Scotch J.W Black Label & Chivas Regal

Wine of the House Red & White

Amareto Di Saronno

Cocktails & Daiquiris

Cocktails & Daiquiris Virgin

I am fairly new to the board and didn't know if I could post the website address. I had someone from my Roll Call send it earlier, you can find it by googling 'nachi cocom menu' and look for the link that has cozumel in the name and nachicocom in the name. Sly, 'eh?

I have not been there yet, someone I am sure will pop up to answer your other two questions.

I go to Nachi Cocom on Nov 3, I am so excited!

Marie

Great reviews, I'm sold, just curious if anyone has tried the scuba tour at Nachi? My 22 yr.old son would be very interested. Also, it looks like the scuba tour goes to the same reef as the snorkel tour which my husband would like, sweet something for everyone :D!

My DH did the one tank dive in February and loved it! He left at 10 a.m. and was back in time for lunch (food and service excellent) and some beach time.

The scuba boat leaves from a dive shop which is just a short walk down the beach.

We'll be back at NC in December with the kids, and they're planning on parasailing.

Have fun!

Hi there!

A few questions...

1) Anyone know where I can find an online menu? I know my hubby will eat everything and anything... me, on the other hand, I'm very picky, haha.

2) Did you feel safe taking a taxi cab there? I've never taken a cab like that... just a little anxious, haha.

3) Our cruise is in March 2010, is it too early to book or can we do it now?

Thanks!

It's very easy to take a cab there. I traveled with my sister and 2 daughters and I felt very safe. The cabs are waiting when you get off the ship, and when you are ready to leave, there are usually cabs waiting to take you back to the ship. We told our waiter, about 10 minutes before we were ready to leave, and he let us know when our taxi was ready and walked us out to the taxi. Nachi personnel treat you like royalty! They will let you order your meal down under your palapa, and then come tell you when your food is ready so you can move up to the dining area. Or, you can eat right on the beach. They will watch over your things if you go up to the pool or to the dining area. I felt very safe there, and it was my first excursion ever on a cruise and I had had some anxiety about the whole taxi thing. (The only thing scary was the driving in Cozumel.:))

Last cruise we went to Mr. Sanchos and I was a little disappointed after our wonderful day in Nachi.

This November, I will be back in Cozumel, this time with my husband and I just booked Nachi today! It will be his first cruise, and I know he will really enjoy the food, and the small crowds of Nachi.

Hey all,

I will be going to Nachi on Oct 3rd and was reading a review from another CCer and she said she went to some place to eat on Cozumel and had a horrible fly encounter. She said they tried everything they could to keep the flies away but couldn't.

With all the food at Nachi that is given to us will we have that problem?

Has anyone had a problem with flies there??

Robert and Melissa

Can anyone help me out with this question please?

Robert and Melissa

you might see a fly here and there,of course because there is food around,but by no means over run with them.I walked all on the beach and also never experienced any sand fleas,like some have posted,but just bring some (off) just in case.It's one of my most favorite places.....

My DH did the one tank dive in February and loved it! He left at 10 a.m. and was back in time for lunch (food and service excellent) and some beach time.

The scuba boat leaves from a dive shop which is just a short walk down the beach.

We'll be back at NC in December with the kids, and they're planning on parasailing.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info,We reserved our spot at Nachi this week, now we just have to reserve either scuba or snorkeling or both. I'm glad to hear your DH enjoyed the trip,did he have a scuba partner or did they buddy him up?

I just got back from going to Nachi on Friday 9/11. It was wonderful. When you first get there and get settled in under your palapa they come around and offer all their services but no big hard sales. They kept the drinks flowing really took care of you. When we were ready they brought the food to us. I can't recomend this place high enough.

Archived