Help for cruising with kids!!

angie54751

Here is my situation. We already have a 5 night cruise booked on the Navigator of the Seas for December 14th. We have 3 kids who at that time will be DD almost 14, DS 13, DS 9. We have been on several RCCL cruises in the past and know what to expect. However, my DH has suddenly decided he wants to switch to the Celebrity Century.

Now, I am all for trying something different. However, I am tentative to switch on a family cruise. I have found only limited information on the Celebrity teen program. I'm sure my kids would have fun no matter what, but if I hear one child tell me they are bored...... What would you recommend?

I think you should ask on the Celebrity board. Althugh Celebrity ships don't have all the fancy things RCCL ships have, they do have family/kids programs...My niece had a good time on Zenith when she was nearly 8. You won't have as many kids, especially since you will be taking themout of school before Christmas break. EM

While RCI has ships with more "bells and whistles", if I took my kids on ANY cruise and they expressed boredom...overboard they'd go!

If they are bored on a Celebrity cruise, that would be their last cruise on MY dime!

Oh I agree.....actually my kids know what will happen to them if they tell me they are bored, lol :D. But we do not take the kids on every trip. This will be our older 2 kids second cruise and the 1st for our youngest. So, I guess I'm just not convinced that trying a new cruise line for our first FULL family cruise is the best timing. I think sticking with what we know is a better idea and saving the new experience on Celebrity for a time when we don't have the kids...to check it out ourselves. I have been on the Celebrity boards and they are not very kid saavy. The info I have found states that younger kids have fun but doesn't tell us much about teen experiences.

Vacations shouldn't be so complicated :o

... I think sticking with what we know is a better idea and saving the new experience on Celebrity for a time when we don't have the kids...to check it out ourselves. I have been on the Celebrity boards and they are not very kid saavy. The info I have found states that younger kids have fun but doesn't tell us much about teen experiences.

Vacations shouldn't be so complicated :o

I tend to agree with view that RCCL is better for full families even though I don't have any direct experience with Celebrity. I would expect older teens to be fine on Celebrity as they won't care so much about the activities - skating, wall climbing, etc. I have certainly noticed this with my kids have gotten a bit older, now 16 and 14.

This is the OP's husband. Thanks for all the responses.

We decided to stick with the Navigator cruise. Even though I wanted to try something different, after we hashed it over we decided it would be best to stick with RCI this time. We are going to try Celebrity for our next cruise when it is just the two of us.

Thanks again, and we will post a review when we get back.

Archived