TA problems

Any word on what is up with the TA, this is when I wish we could post names as a WARNING to others.

No idea as far as the TA is concerned my gut feeling is they went kaput..As far as RCCL is concerned so far so good but I won't be fully relieved until we've closed on it. I went to see Accent on Youth tonight with David Hyde Pierce it was fun I'm an avid theater goer.

Cheers

Howie

No idea as far as the TA is concerned my gut feeling is they went kaput..As far as RCCL is concerned so far so good but I won't be fully relieved until we've closed on it. I went to see Accent on Youth tonight with David Hyde Pierce it was fun I'm an avid theater goer.

Cheers

Howie

Howie -just book direct next time.

This morning a supervisor from RCCL left a voicemail informing us they are taking this to the next level and will be in contact with us also. Following that on a whim my mom called the travel agent again and amazingly he picked up and got mad at her. He clams he was in Atlantic City for his mother's birthday but it's a mystery to me why you wouldn't have called us in advance if you knew you were going away. It looks like RCCL though took away the booking already though so hopfully he will recieve no comission on this trip for the awful service he's provided.

Cheers

Howie

This morning a supervisor from RCCL left a voicemail informing us they are taking this to the next level and will be in contact with us also. Following that on a whim my mom called the travel agent again and amazingly he picked up and got mad at her. He clams he was in Atlantic City for his mother's birthday but it's a mystery to me why you wouldn't have called us in advance if you knew you were going away. It looks like RCCL though took away the booking already though so hopfully he will recieve no comission on this trip for the awful service he's provided.

Cheers

Howie

Absolutely! AC for mother's birthday my azz. I bet he got drunk on Friday with some friends and they just went away on a whim.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Friends of ours had a similiar experience for their Hawaii Cruise. Their TA never called in the final payment even though she had been authorized to do so by the couple. They learned of this mess, 2 months before sailing. After repeated calls and no answer, they went to her office and demanded an answer. Long story short, RCL worked with them knowing it was the TA fault, the TA had to repay the deposit and balance within 24 hrs. RCL deducted the fees from the TA business acct as agreed upon. Our friends were reinstated into their room and joined us for a beautiful cruise.

I always tell my TA, to make final payment, two months before the final date and she sends me a statement within 5 days.

Friends of ours had a similiar experience for their Hawaii Cruise. Their TA never called in the final payment even though she had been authorized to do so by the couple. They learned of this mess, 2 months before sailing. After repeated calls and no answer, they went to her office and demanded an answer. Long story short, RCL worked with them knowing it was the TA fault, the TA had to repay the deposit and balance within 24 hrs. RCL deducted the fees from the TA business acct as agreed upon. Our friends were reinstated into their room and joined us for a beautiful cruise.

I always tell my TA, to make final payment, two months before the final date and she sends me a statement within 5 days.

With computers these days I just can't understand any reason why payment shouldn't be made..The only reason there should be any problems is if the agency goes kaput..

Cheers

Howie

Howie, apparantly the problem with our friends TA came from her not calling in the payment, but charging our friends Credit card, the paymt back to her business. Whether she purposely failed to call in payment or neglected to, they aren't sure. She had changed her phone Co & # so even RCL wasn't able to reach her until our frends went to her office. They learned of the problem when they tried to print out their set sail Pass. They didn't have access to their online Credit Card to check and I told them its easy to do. We will continue to use our TA becasue we trust her, otherwise i will always go directly thru the Cruise lines.

Gay

Archived