Question about pricing

gregpete

I was told by someone going on our cruise 7/12/2009 Splendor that the price of the cruise had gone down and that we may qualify for an on board ship credit. That being the case I called our Vacation planner at Carnival and they told me that there was no way for them to verify that the price of the cruise had gone down. Could someone tell me how I could find out about this? Thanks

I was told by someone going on our cruise 7/12/2009 Splendor that the price of the cruise had gone down and that we may qualify for an on board ship credit. That being the case I called our Vacation planner at Carnival and they told me that there was no way for them to verify that the price of the cruise had gone down. Could someone tell me how I could find out about this? Thanks

The price may have gone down when you were told, and then went right back up. When you check rates you have to act quickly. And unless you booked under the EARLY SAVER code... there would be NO OBC for any lowered fares you are seeing. There is a chance that you could upgrade at no cost to a higher category if that rate is the same as what you are currently paying.

Just check the Carnival website. If the price goes down then call and see what they will do.

Don't bother to call if the price goes down due to a sale for "new bookings only" - they won't honor price reductions in that case.

Thank you for your response!!! Just so you know they did tell me that there was not anymore "inventory" on the ship I am not sure what that means. But I will do some research, thank you again

Before you take the time to do a lot of digging, unless you booked the early saver fare, you are not entitled to an OBC. Carnival does not give OBC with in the penalty phase which is 70 days out. You are 30 days out so don't bother.

If you booked early saver, you can get OBC up until 2 days prior to sailing there is a form on the web site (sorry I don't book ES so I don't have the link) that you need to fill out and submit. Keep in mind that the lower price has to be adevertised by Carnival and has to be for a fare that you are eligable to book.

I just booked Early Saver. This is a new concept to me as I am new to Carnival. Hopefully that was the right choice? I know I have a hefty cancellation fee, but I will be buying cruise insurance and I am not planning on cancelling for any reason other than an unforseen emergency. Any other disadvantages to the Early Savers Rate?

Archived