Mariner FCC from 5/3 Sailing ????

Please call Royal Caribbean!

Our daughter who married on May 2, was originally scheduled to sail on the Mariner. After the "swine flu thing" she opted to change ships. At the time she was told that she would receive $150 OBC for changing ships. We paid the difference for her change. Upon her return, she told me that she didn't receive the OBC and the folks at the pursers desk were no help. I called RC and after speaking to what seemed like 20 people, they said that they would "look into it". I stated that I will expect to receive the $150 credit on my credit card.

Within a couple of days, I receive a call from RC stating that credit will post to my cc with a few days.

I received the credit on my last statement.

Hi!

I wanted to know if anyone else who sailed on the Mariner on 5/3 received their FCC?

Mine was much lower that what I was told and if I would have known that I would have rebooked my cruise.

Has anyone called RCCL?

Thanks!

It seems they are changing things as they go in this regard. We were on the June 7 sailing and got $100 less OBC than we were told we would get if we kept the cruise. They can keep their FCC. I have no desire to go all the way back to LA to cruise the Mariner or Radiance.

To my knowledge, no one from the 5/24 cruise has received the FCC either.

Cruisememories, would you mind telling us the amount of the FCC, what kind of cabin you had, and what conditions there are on the use of the FCC? I'd like to compare notes to what we get for the 5/24 sailing.

We had a balcony room and we received $175 pp or $350 for the room. It is only good on a mexican rivera cruise and it is good until June 2011. Prior to sailing I called RCCL and they said it would be $350 pp and that is why we sailed instead of pushing it out to go to mexico. Now I wish I would have waited for Mexico.

We had a balcony room and we received $175 pp or $350 for the room. It is only good on a mexican rivera cruise and it is good until June 2011. Prior to sailing I called RCCL and they said it would be $350 pp and that is why we sailed instead of pushing it out to go to mexico. Now I wish I would have waited for Mexico.

Thanks for sharing your info.

We had a JS and were initially promised $600 OBC. A few days later they told us that the $600 was for real suites, GS or better, we would only get $350. Our TA had kept meticulous records and was able to find the Royal rep who had originally promised us the $600, and that's what we ended up getting. So I'm curious if we will get $600 or $350 for the FCC.

at first they sent out a letter saying we'd get $250 or $350 per person FCC.:)

then they sent another letter and said OOPS!!, it's $250 or $350 per cabin.:mad:

when it was suppose to be per person many people in my group opted to not cancel and use the FCC later for the MR.

we got the O/B credits as promised while we were onboard.:rolleyes:

Our TA told us that the original offer was $350 per person. I called Crown and Anchor and was told that yes, it was $350 per person on a Radiance or Mariner cruise that called on ANY Mexican port. A couple of days later, our TA emailed us that it was changed to MR only and $350 total.

Our TA told us that the original offer was $350 per person. I called Crown and Anchor and was told that yes, it was $350 per person on a Radiance or Mariner cruise that called on ANY Mexican port. A couple of days later, our TA emailed us that it was changed to MR only and $350 total.

it is for the radiance too but after 4/23/10 it leaves the west coast for tampa. the FCC is for mexico west coast only.

Like all of you, we are fighting for our OBC/FCC because we were told one thing and then when we got on board, RCCL said too bad.............Should not tell us that...........we will fight until we get what was promised us..........And nothing less.

Mike

We were on the 5/3--we sailed and the specified OBC was applied to our seapass. Since we recently booked the Mariner again for July and I hadn't yet received the FCC's in the mail, I called the customer relations and they applied the coupons directly for us. Now there's no need to fret as we wait for them to arrive. Again, it was the stated amount, and it could also be combined with the D/D+ balcony discount.

We were on the 5/3--we sailed and the specified OBC was applied to our seapass. Since we recently booked the Mariner again for July and I hadn't yet received the FCC's in the mail, I called the customer relations and they applied the coupons directly for us. Now there's no need to fret as we wait for them to arrive. Again, it was the stated amount, and it could also be combined with the D/D+ balcony discount.

This is good news. They had told me that the FCC was going to be combinable, but it's nice to get that confirmed. Thanks for the feedback.

Clarea--just for the record, we booked a JS, too, and were told we'd receive the $600 by several agents. We happened to be one of the lucky ones who got upgraded, so I don't know if that made a difference or not as to why we got the suite OBC/FCC but the agent who processed my FCC assured me that it was for $600. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Back from Mariner 6/7 - I am fighting - we were promised 350.00 per cabin (Balcony) and 350.00 FCC. Nothing when we got on because of a slight $20.00 price reduction we took prior to sailing.

I hope we get some compensation but I have no desire to cruise Mariner again either. I think the cold weather made this cruise less desirable than many of the others I have been on. I am planning on checking out some other cruise lines as well especially with the way this played out.

Clarea--just for the record, we booked a JS, too, and were told we'd receive the $600 by several agents. We happened to be one of the lucky ones who got upgraded, so I don't know if that made a difference or not as to why we got the suite OBC/FCC but the agent who processed my FCC assured me that it was for $600. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for your feedback. As soon as I hear anything about our FCC, I'll post it here.

What sailing were you on?

Bob

of 19 cabins that i had, 4 arrived in the snail mail today. this was from the 5/10 sailing.

they are in the form of two certs per cabin. 1/2 for the 1st person and 1/2 for the second person in the cabin.

nothing for the 3rd and 4th.

non transferable.

If you booked through a travel agent, will your FCC go to the travel agent? I've contacted mine and she says she's heard nothing about it. She called RCCL and they've told her they're still processing everything.

I know how the cruiseline is big on "fine print rules" so I don't want to miss using mine because I didn't know about the rules.

I really don't want to go on Mariner again, but if that's my only choice, then I guess I will. I still haven't been to the Mexican Riviera! :rolleyes:

If you booked through a travel agent, will your FCC go to the travel agent? I've contacted mine and she says she's heard nothing about it. She called RCCL and they've told her they're still processing everything.

I know how the cruiseline is big on "fine print rules" so I don't want to miss using mine because I didn't know about the rules.

I really don't want to go on Mariner again, but if that's my only choice, then I guess I will. I still haven't been to the Mexican Riviera! :rolleyes:

i am a TA. you can also book the radiance from san diego but the sailings are quite limited. and after april the ship will be in alaska and then thru the canal to tampa.

Received ours today from our 5/10 sailing. :) We got exactly what they promised and as Kerry already mentioned it came in the form of 2 certificates.

We already will put them to good use on the Radiance 10/24 on a five night sailing in a JS that will make us D+ .... great rates, FF discount, diamond balcony discount plus the FCC.....we couldn't resist. :D ;) :)

Received ours today from our 5/10 sailing. :) We got exactly what they promised and as Kerry already mentioned it came in the form of 2 certificates.

We already will put them to good use on the Radiance 10/24 on a five night sailing in a JS that will make us D+ .... great rates, FF discount, diamond balcony discount plus the FCC.....we couldn't resist. :D ;) :)

How did yours come, snail mail or through a TA?

I was on the same cruise with you and Kerrydee, and so far, I haven't received anything.......

Also, I see that you were able to combine your credits. I just became Platinum, so don't I get a $100 balcony discount? I can use that along with my FCC (when I get it?)

I already have a cruise booked for January. Can I apply it to that cruise, or is it for a new booking?

Sorry for all the questions:)

Archived